Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use on a chrome maggie?

Darth_Emma

Question

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great numbers. Stay out of trouble!

What happened to those bad a$$ wheels? Looks like you went back to stock.

The wheels are a long story. Let me just say they went through so many rounds of mounting and unmounting to get the TPMS sensors to work that the lips of the wheels suffered some paint chips. The manufacturer is going to refinish them under warranty. So, they are off to be powdercoated and painted. They'll be back.

Putting the stock wheels back on has made me realize how much I like the new ones!

This made me forget the stickers when I stopped by the shop yesterday. It gets good about 38 seconds in.

496 rwhp 493 torque

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNnjPG0JoKo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

You're in pretty good company taste wise Terri. Was just watching one of the Barrett Jackson specials and they were looking at Rick Hendrick's collection.

His Hendrick's 25th Anniversary 2010 Camaro that is going up for auction this week (I believe) has the same super charger. I like your intake side better though. He went with carbon fibre.... ;)

hendrick-motorsports-camaro_100231784_l.jpg

Again Terri, WOW, just WOW! Supercharger came out very nice.

By the way, the car is just amazingly fun to drive with my new horsepower!

I guess you'll be switching your Adam's funds to the local tire dealership!:burnout:

I got my car back yesterday with the supercharger and custom-made by ShowstopperAccessories engine-bay pieces. The pics just don't do the parts justice. And it's really hard to get a good pic of the bowtie because my new chrome Magnacharger is reflected in it. It looks sweet in person though. I hope you like these.

I have a couple of video clips too, but I don't want to seem to be posting stuff in the wrong forum. But, I thought I'd post the Maggie pics here.

By the way, the car is just amazingly fun to drive with my new horsepower!

4999171185_5f12718866_b.jpg

4999774294_abf730bac8_b.jpg

4999170193_4bef9cd804_b.jpg

4999773850_17884e7772_b.jpg

4999170643_59b9bf1827_b.jpg

4999773032_534a0c0e45_b.jpg

The joys of TPMS.

When I got my wheels from Cali, they were of course ready for TPMS. TPMS is not manditory yet in Canada, so my Coupe did not come with it. The first place I took them to have the rubber mounted (after the dealership dinged one), they wanted to charge me extra per wheel for the TPMS.......um, NO! LOL

Went down the road about a kilometer and that place took the tires off the old rims, mounted, balanced and installed the tires on the new rims. Price? 60$. Guess where I am buying my winter tires..... ;)

The sticker under the hood shows the pulley pattern and I'm not sure what else. The one is side the fuel door says Magnacharger and the octane rating that should be used.

The SS should only have 91+ octane fuel put in it anyway and I use 93 all the time.

I guess what has me a little miffed is that they didn't ask me if/where I wanted such stickers on my car.

I don't mean to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I can always remove them. But,I thought you folks in these forums, who really care about the appearance of your cars, would give me some feel for whether I'm justified in my miffed-ness. :)

I'm over it now. I sent the shop an email and told them to remove the stickers before I pick it up tomorrow.

I am trying to make this car look as good as I can and I just don't think stickers will enhance its appearance.

The shop called me yesterday and they are installing my supercharger this weekend. I'm psyched! I will take some pictures when it's all installed. I also bought some pieces to customize the engine bay.The paint shop said not to wax them right away - the paint needs to cure. But, once everything is in the car, I'll hit it with a little detail spray and post some pictures.

I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to show you my new wheels, brake rotors, and painted calipers which I touched up yesterday with some detail spray. Here are a few pics I took last night. More pics to follow next week after the blower is installed.

4950083066_7396bd8f25_b.jpg

4949490383_bd40733a32_b.jpg

4950083746_b1017e81ac_b.jpg

4950168720_1269cd69b5_b.jpg

Whoa that is one wicked camaro !!!!!! Love it !!!!!!

I'm a little miffed. The shop that installed the maggie put the "Magnacharger" stickers under the hood of my car and inside the gas cover. I think I'll tell them to take them off when I pick up the car on Monday. I HATE stickers! I don't know why they did that.

I haven't decided about the Camaro badges yet. I'm not a big fan of badges either, but my car is pretty toned down as it is. I'm still on the fence about it.

Archived