Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use on a chrome maggie?

Darth_Emma

Question

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shop called me yesterday and they are installing my supercharger this weekend. I'm psyched! I will take some pictures when it's all installed. I also bought some pieces to customize the engine bay.The paint shop said not to wax them right away - the paint needs to cure. But, once everything is in the car, I'll hit it with a little detail spray and post some pictures.

I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to show you my new wheels, brake rotors, and painted calipers which I touched up yesterday with some detail spray. Here are a few pics I took last night. More pics to follow next week after the blower is installed.

4950083066_7396bd8f25_b.jpg

4949490383_bd40733a32_b.jpg

4950083746_b1017e81ac_b.jpg

4950168720_1269cd69b5_b.jpg

Terri, you are a WILDWOMAN!!!!! You plan to race in the 1/4 mile Sis?

:rockon::burnout:

Hehe! A friend in the Camaro5 forums calls me "Hell on Wheels." I like it!

I don't know if I'll race. I'm just trying to make the coolest street car I can.

The Maggie has been ordered and is in the shop. I'm on their schedule for the last week of August for the install.

Also, I've ordered a bunch of cool stuff for the engine compartment to go with the new Maggie. It's all going to be custom painted to go with the body color of the car with a touch of chrome to accent the Maggie.

I know the chrome maggie costs more, but I LIKE it!!! I'm having lots of fun modding my car and polishing it!

I got a response from MagnaCharger about the coating and cleaning of the Maggie. Here is what Jon @ Magnacharger said:

"The finish on it is actually a Chrome Powder Coat. It is very easy to keep clean. I would use a mild soap/water mix with a soft cloth to clean it if it gets really dirty. Otherwise you could probably just use a quick detail or even Ammonia-free glass cleaner on it for quick touch-ups.

Jon "

So, I seems that metal polish is not needed and I'll just use glass cleaner and detail spray. :)

Holy cow! Congrats on the awesome purchase Terri! If its chrome, I would use BSG. But if its polished aluminum (if I know the model correctly, its polished) - metal polish for sure. Those things are tedious to polish, but boy do they look good polished.

Archived