Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use on a chrome maggie?

Darth_Emma

Question

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, everyone. I'll put up pics next week when the Maggie and other engine bay parts are in.

FTW = For The Win!

However, I couldn't figure out why a guy in a Nissan flipped me off when I passed him one day. After thinking about it, I realized he was reading FTW backward in his rear-view mirror. It was intended to be totally harmless and, yes, Ohio BMV asked me what "FTW" stands for before they'd let me use it.

Not a bad idea Jim, and you shouldn't get any hate for it. Lettering, logos, and badges are all advertising that I typically remove as well. Polishing and waxing around them is a pain!

Still, Terri, I LOVE your car, as is, or debadged!:glasses:

:iagree:

But! And I am probably gonna get some hate for this one......LOL

I would look at debadging the side Camaros. See if someone can photoshop them out and see what you think? I think it would really clean up the side look and it's not like anyone is going to mistake that beauty for anything else!

But hey, that's just me...:lolsmack:

I love the brakes. How did you get them to look like that? They appear to be a metallic in the pics.

It's a color called "ZR1 Blue." That blue has a lot of metal flake in it. I had them painted with high temp. paint by the folks at http://showstopperaccessories.com/

On their front page there is a "contact us" link near the top. Pete did the work for me.

They are a bit expensive, but they do meticulous work. I just had them do a bunch of pieces for my engine bay as well. Once the supercharger goes in, I'll put all their stuff in my engine bay and take some more pictures.

Here is the engine cover they painted for me. The blue "CAMARO" lettering is also ZR1 Blue. As I said, I'll post more pictures once the maggie is in the car.

4930912550_c972d863b2_b.jpg

4930323369_ea047edf1c_b.jpg

4930912670_9ee6a48d8a_b.jpg

Archived