Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Detail/Product Tests and a Couple of Camaros!

Team Adam's

Ryan (Camaro5Ryan here on AdamsForum) and I have been talking about getting together to play with some products. Recently the opportunity presented itself so I called my brother up knowing his car was in need of some love and on a late afternoon (think we started around 3pm) We had a few beers, some laughs, and nearly sweated to death playing with some new and potentially new additions to the Adam's lineup. This was more about a quick and easy detail and trying some new stuff versus an intricate correction, but the results were still great - Enjoy!

As is customary we started with the wheels, Derek is still running the factory pads and they dust like no brakes I've ever seen. The matte finish on his wheels hides a good amount of it, but they were still grimy. Started with Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner and Boars Hair Wheel Brush:

021108b5.jpg

Then the car was blasted to knock down the dust... in preparation for Ryan to get his first look at our soon to be released foam gun:

5a497ffe.jpg

c4a01dbd.jpg

fb261ac3.jpg

The car was then pulled into the garage, baggie test revealed the paint was pretty rough. The car had recently been in the shop after a small fender bender so their was obviously some overspray to deal with

7809be35.jpg

28bc0595.jpg

Back out into the driveway for a secondary wash:

064ab0ce.jpg

More fun with the foam gun... this entire detail was completed (both washes) with one fill up on the foam. Roughly 5oz of soap and the rest of the 32oz canister with water. This included an initial presoak, rinse, refoam, wash, then another foaming after the clay. A total of 3 foamings from just 5oz of soap!! With some to spare at the end even!! The foam at that ratio is VERY thick and clings well. Ryan was impressed as was Derek who decided to pick up a mitt and get to work.

9c45e039.jpg

8c4721d5.jpg

c4e4db40.jpg

Next came Ryans chance to play with one of our contenders for an addition to the Adam's line. Makita's B06040 RO polisher... powerful machine... with both a very smooth DA mode and an RO mode (DA + forced rotation)

2430c846.jpg

Time being what it was, and our desire to drink cold beer over sweat in the garage working on the car we opted to go single stage and just do a fast correction using FMP and white pads. The added cutting ability of the Makita definitely got us to 90% perfection on the Camaro. Orange pads would have been needed for that last 10%.

4ec5a27e.jpg

04581541.jpg

efc80c30.jpg

d4c76296.jpg

0bcb0c8a.jpg

8600d2c1.jpg

Next... the soon to be released Adam's Brilliant Glaze... both Ryan and I have spent some significant time playing with this product and its blown us away!! It was applied liberally using an Americana applicator, it was even tested on the matte black stripes with VERY positive results.

7835fcb9.jpg

c61d8ce0.jpg

Last came a coat of Americana to seal the whole thing up... this combination has been one I've played with a lot lately (Glaze under Americana) and it yields some seriously stellar results:

7c0bb25d.jpg

49df590f.jpg

ddaa36cd.jpg

f182bbbc.jpg

Noticed some water runs in the wheels from the car moving, used a heavy dose of waterless wash and cheap-o mf towel. The tires were treated to a generous helping of Super VRT.

55e80b54.jpg

What the new glaze does for metallics is nothing short of amazing. The paint appears darker and the blues and greens in the CGM paint just came to life:

d679277c.jpg

Ryan's SPOTLESS Camaro looked on as the other car got all the love

27d1254f.jpg

Then off to terrorize the streets of Rancho and get some pictures of these cars together

8e414b5b.jpg

fc31edb3.jpg

a85a9c54.jpg

01215f48.jpg

07b9c8cf.jpg

f90a94b9.jpg

54d9bb5c.jpg

Thanks for looking!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice write up! Two (i'm sure its obvious to most but me) questions...are u removing the glaze prior to applying the Americana? And..I notice you applying BSG with an applicator..doesnt that come in a spray bottle or is that the new product you're testing? I've got the brilliant black on my charger with all the sweet flecks in it and i LOVE the way his specs show through after that. Had just used MSW so far so u might have convinced me to go the new route of glaze + americana. It's a DD so i hadnt contemplated anything other than msw but dayum that looks nice!!!

Holy COW! Ryan drove his car! lol

Looks great guys!

The glaze IS removed before application of the Americana. I used identical products on my G8 last Thursday with amazing results.

Chris

Nice write up! Two (i'm sure its obvious to most but me) questions...are u removing the glaze prior to applying the Americana? And..I notice you applying BSG with an applicator..doesnt that come in a spray bottle or is that the new product you're testing? I've got the brilliant black on my charger with all the sweet flecks in it and i LOVE the way his specs show through after that. Had just used MSW so far so u might have convinced me to go the new route of glaze + americana. It's a DD so i hadnt contemplated anything other than msw but dayum that looks nice!!!

Next... the soon to be released Adam's Brilliant Glaze... both Ryan and I have spent some significant time playing with this product and its blown us away!! It was applied liberally using an Americana applicator, it was even tested on the matte black stripes with VERY positive results.

Note - the bold line... new product, dropped the "spray" part. Also in either form the product had to be applied with an applicator... you couldn't just simply spray it on and leave it, it needs to be applied, similar to a wax. Spread it out, let it haze, buff away with a microfiber towel.

The only thing I have yet to get definitive results on now is the longevity of the wax over a glaze... historically a glaze under a wax will GREATLY reduce the longevity of the wax... so if you have a DD to care for this may not be the ideal option for you to use as its not the optimal choice for lasting protection. Again though, we're still in the testing phase.

Note - the bold line... new product, dropped the "spray" part. Also in either form the product had to be applied with an applicator... you couldn't just simply spray it on and leave it, it needs to be applied, similar to a wax. Spread it out, let it haze, buff away with a microfiber towel.

See..i knew it'd be a stupid couple of questions.:confused:

Thanks.

Nice work guys. Glad to see Ryan driving his car too! :D

Next came Ryans chance to play with one of our contenders for an addition to the Adam's line. Makita's B06040 RO polisher... powerful machine... with both a very smooth DA mode and an RO mode (DA + forced rotation)

2430c846.jpg

I have seen the Makita super all-around polisher with the orange switchy knob on the side and wondered how well it works. Nice to hear you're having good results with it.

I guess this guy will have to be updated > :pc:

nice job!!!

so with the old BSG, is it safe to put that under Americana? my camaro gets its first dose of APW next weekend!!!

Safe? yes... its not going to unleash harmful mustard gas or anything into the air or dissolve your paint.

Recommended? no... BSG currently adds minimal benefit under Americana and substantially reduces the longevity of the wax. The method I used is still in testing, I personally wouldn't recommend it either until I have more time to decide if its holding up.

Safe? yes... its not going to unleash harmful mustard gas or anything into the air or dissolve your paint.

Recommended? no... BSG currently adds minimal benefit under Americana and substantially reduces the longevity of the wax. The method I used is still in testing, I personally wouldn't recommend it either until I have more time to decide if its holding up.

gotcha!!! :2thumbs:

*SPEECHLESS*

MY FOAM GUN!!!!!!! :willy:

Hopefully before labor day... probably not but I can dream! :xfingers:

I'd like to get to use it before the Chicago Area detailing season is over.

Is that BSG thicker than the current? I noticed it was in a squeeze bottle rather than a spray head bottle.

Is that BSG thicker than the current? I noticed it was in a squeeze bottle rather than a spray head bottle.

Yes... we're going to a "hand" glazing product. The spray really made no sense... you still had to spread it out on the surface of the car anyways. Per the directions you sprayed it into an MF applicator and then applied it... well... if you have to use an app whats the point of spraying?

The move to a thicker formula has opened the door for this to do pretty much EVERYTHING better. Wetter looking, dries faster, comes off easier, fills and masks imperfections better - all around this is MUCH better stuff.

A little birdie told me that it might be available at Corvettes at Carlisle :glasses:

Archived