Customer Service 866.965.0400

TAG TEAM: Adam, Dylan, Myself tackle a Porsche Detail

Mario Gambacortta

With Dylan's trip to Colorado this week I had lined up a special treat for all of us to work on, test products, and get some detailing done together. Despite all the detail related things the 3 of us do together rarely do we all get to jump in on one car so this was special.

The subject is a 2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS... owned by a friend of the business's wife and used to haul around two young kids, so you can imagine what kind of shape the interior was in. The exterior was a swirled and dirty mess, but we were only aiming for about an 85-90% correction as we knew it would only end up trashed again soon.

52a19c47.jpg

2c91b024.jpg

32a0c390.jpg

f90d6598.jpg

e8a8088c.jpg

39697493.jpg

19665cf4.jpg

The wheels were especially bad, not much washing on the part of the owner, and notoriously dusty imported luxury SUV brakes, led to a lot of caked on brake dust.

23fde71a.jpg

abc18d34.jpg

29df0aef.jpg

9b80591a.jpg

1154e933.jpg

So the first order of business was to knock out the interior, Dylan started by removing the weathertech floormats, scrubbing with APC, and leaving out to dry while I took on the task of using the Vac N' Blow to get all the dirt and debris off the seats and carpet. Its also great for getting very dusty vents clean with the brush attachment.

d926a187.jpg

Dylan then moved to the leather and worked with our Leather & Interior Cleaner and http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-420-adams-interior-brush.aspx to get all the "kid gunk" off of the rear seats.

7d2ba9f9.jpg

7ef8eb32.jpg

A glass towel and glass cleaner made short work of the haze on the instruments, nav screen, and other assorted clear plastic interior pieces.

79fc1a0f.jpg

Even before applying conditioner the interior was a HUGE improvement.

235f352d.jpg

Dylan took on the Alcantara seats using a light mist of our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner onto a Waterless Wash Towel, then brushed it back up with a dry interior brush to give it a nice even appearance.

394c06c9.jpg

e91cb845.jpg

The interior trim plates were in desperate need of some love. Dylan was a little skeptical that it would come up without using the 4" pads... HE WAS WRONG and I don't intend to stop reminding him anytime soon. All it took was a little Adam's Metal polish applied with a microfiber applicator.

96b582d7.jpg

70254657.jpg

Next was onto protection. The entire interior was wiped down with Leather Condition. We had some great results on the black interior of this GTS!

de5a0cb9.jpg

50/50 shot:

d71c91c0.jpg

All plastic, hard to reach, trim pieces were spray with In and Out Spray.

3543457c.jpg

The black trim pieces had some light scratches from general use, and we treated with some new Brilliant Glaze with and Americana Applicator.

881c29a8.jpg

b019184a.jpg

Finalizing the interior Dylan sprayed the weathertech mats with In and Out and lighted wiped them down. Using VRT on these type of mats can get

a little to slippery.

bc9466f2.jpg

Before the exterior was tackled I hosed down the engine bay of this 400HP rocket.

0ff505a7.jpg

Then on to a pre-soaking with APC and scrubbed with wheel brush.

4213dc7d.jpg

Wheel were next on the agenda. Wheel wells and tires we soaked with APC. Wheels and calipers were soaked with Green Wheel Cleaner.

41ce2010.jpg

b1fbcbde.jpg

4a12f1b6.jpg

e5c4522e.jpg

Using the Powerstick.

ad320ada.jpg

4a59dd25.jpg

Adam joined us for the filming of our new Foam Gun video.

727cde32.jpg

44703083.jpg

A nice soapy washing.

00935e69.jpg

11010933.jpg

Car was then dried, and we moved onto claying the entire exterior including the windows.

7caae80b.jpg

1f3a165c.jpg

Paint correction time! I taped off some sections of the quarter panel to test the best process for the correction. We finalized on using the Flex polisher we have been testing with an orange pad with Swirl and Haze, finished with a white pad with Fine Machine Polish

70d743d9.jpg

53fbd681.jpg

9e917f10.jpg

8f448c56.jpg

All the exterior trim was treated either VRT od In and Out spray by Dylan.

b196520f.jpg

7e8fa7c8.jpg

794d94c3.jpg

000bbdcd.jpg

803c52c9.jpg

Then a stunning coat of the new Brilliant Glaze was applied to the paint and windows.

a56b6a62.jpg

41f25918.jpg

c043f992.jpg

At this time it was getting late and all three of us were quite hungry, so we decided to head off to dinner. Adam's wife Mellisa wanted to give the GTS a quick run around the block, as we might be seeing one of these SUV's in Adam and Mellisa's near future...

4f4acb0d.jpg

dd0430c8.jpg

The next day we pulled the Cayenne into the shop for finishing. All that was left was the exhaust tips were in desperate need of some metal polish, a coat of Americana, Engine dressing with VRT and In and Out, and some final touch ups.

Fine grade steel wool was needed on the exhaust to cut some the really caked on emissions.

c24b01e9.jpg

4343c793.jpg

6c42d19b.jpg

6d934db6.jpg

a8fe8e79.jpg

And FINALLY the results!

ce120be9.jpg

fafd99ce.jpg

dd90f4c3.jpg

8a7702ef.jpg

43298a21.jpg

c3e8ae6b.jpg

6d024050.jpg

95798c13.jpg

5e65c457.jpg

ca09406a.jpg

5b702966.jpg

The Crew

939a1579.jpg

47855320.jpg

Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend everyone!:patriot:

HOW DO YOU GET THAT MANY FOOT PRINTS ON THE BACK OF THE SEAT?!?!?! They look like Adult size shoes too!

The Flex looks small and easy to handle. Looks comfy on the hand too!

Looks great, nice reflection! Hope I can get my 150 looking like that this weekend!

I think Melissa will like it!

Adam - I still want to know how tall you are, my guess 6'2"

P.S. That is the most organized and clean shop/warehouse I've ever seen!

With Dylan's trip to Colorado this week I had lined up a special treat for all of us to work on, test products, and get some detailing done together. Despite all the detail related things the 3 of us do together rarely do we all get to jump in on one car so this was special.

New VRT.........

Brilliant Glaze........

Foam Gun.................

Does Adam still have something up his sleeves?

New VRT.........

Brilliant Glaze........

I doubt it since the Foam gun was released today, the BG last week and the new VRT not so long ago. I dont think they'd change the BG and FG so quickly. I think they were testing the Flex.

Nice writeup, and what a blast it was hanging with the gang! Melissa wants a Porsche now....not sure it has enough room for the double stroller though!!

Have a great weekend friends, and Mario & Dylan, thanks for a great week!

-Adam:banana:

New VRT.........

Brilliant Glaze........

We're always working on new products... you'd be surprised. ;)

Adam, Mario -

Thank you guys for an awesome week... like every trip to Boulder, it was a lot of work, but even more fun!! :cheers:

Great team work! Now, if I read correctly? It seems as if you put a coat of Americana over the Brilliant Glaze? I'm surprised you didn't go for SMW, unless I read wrong?

Yes... you glaze UNDER wax or OVER sealant.

This was treated to the best looking option... it will be back for a little more correction in a few months. There were some areas that may require wetsanding and high speed buffing to completely correct.

Archived