Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use to remove bugs?

Kingsford

Question

Alright, I drive in the country ALL the time and for some reason the past 2 weeks the bugs have been horrible!

I have 2 coats of MSW on that I put on about a week and a half ago but its just a pain in the butt to get them off....

Any recommendations for easy bug removal, like something to do before they get caked on my truck or after????

:help:

As of right now the WW has worked the best but its still a pain and takes forever.

Bugs are a big problem here and what I've been doing is mixing the APC with the Car Shampoo 50/50. Squirt it on with a spray bottle, let it set for a few minutes, and wipe off. I always follow up with a little wax just to be safe. Seems to work every time..

Adam's Car Wash! Wet a cheap, thin microfiber cloth in the wash bucket, and lay it over the bugs for about 10 minutes. Remove and wipe the area, no more bugs, and the wax is still there!

If you use anything stronger, you need to re-wax that area.

For very stubborn, caked on bug guts, you can do a pre-treatment with 1:1 apc... just be sure to use it on paint thats cool to the touch and never allow it to dry on the surface. Spray the areas where the bugs are worst, allow a few moments to dwell, then rinse.

This will break up the bug guts, from there foam the car down with car wash and proceed as normal... the APC will soften up the critters on the front end to a point they'll come off easily with just the wash pad and car wash soap.

Be sure to apply a fresh coat of wax or sealant to the front end to restore the protection.

Okay, so now I'm really confused. Should I use the car wash, the detail spray, the all purpose cleaner or the waterless wash. Does it even matter? Do they all work equally as well?
Well even though i am not a bug expert, I would answer that question yes. In my opinion, what we are trying to achieve is to wipe the bug off by softening it with something that will not harm our paint. In my opinion all of these solutions would be fine and because they are Adam's products they are beneficial to protecting your paint.:thumbsup:

Well even though i am not a bug expert, I would answer that question yes. In my opinion, what we are trying to achieve is to wipe the bug off by softening it with something that will not harm our paint. In my opinion all of these solutions would be fine and because they are Adam's products they are beneficial to protecting your paint.:thumbsup:

Adam shows a video of getting bugs off with WW, I've also said people say use a little shampoo on the area.

:iagree:

If you're washing it, use the soap (it's the cheapest solution!), otherwise WCW or Detail spray. You want to remove them before they dry (and in the case of some bugs, before the acid in their bodies starts to eat into the paint!).

I use WCW. I'll give the bugs a good soaking with WCW, then proceed with cleaning my wheels followed by the foam gun. I then leave the bugs for last. By the time I get around to the front, the bugs pretty much fall of with the hose. Some agitation is needed for stubborn spots, but the WCW does a great job in loosening them up.

I soak the bugs with WCW while I'm washing the wheels. Then I soak them with a 6:1 water:shampoo mix. Then I use a bug scrubbing sponge. Works great.

I may try this tomorrow. I was always scared to let the WW dry on the paint. I remember when the DS was leaving stains and was hard to get off.

What do you mean by bug scrubbing sponge? Picture please?

Posted from my iPhone

Take some cheap microfibers and put them in the wash bucket. Squeeze out most of the wash solution and put them over the bugs while you work on the wheels or other parts of the car. After about 5 minutes they will be soft and easier to remove.

BTW - The Adam's MF's are a little thick for this. You need some thin MF's (almost like a 10 year old washcloth!) to stick to vertical surfaces. I also tie them around the outside mirrors.

Archived