Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car covered in fibers

Gone in 60

Question

My Adam's blue plush micro fiber towels have started to leave a ton of fibers on my paint and glass lately. Washed in cold water, liquid detergent, air dried.

I'm getting the fibers mainly when I do a wash, and am drying with Adam's detail spray. They are practically impossible to remove. Not too visible on my silver Ford, but really noticable on my dark motorcycle.

I've seen a couple of threads on the subject, but has anyone found the cure?

Thank you!

20 answers to this question

Not my house haha. You can google Grease Fire and find the picture. If I took that picture I wouldn't be around to tell the story. More than likely that room flashed over right after that was taken.

It's going on 1:30am and your still up on this site too,huh:willy:

My Adam's blue plush micro fiber towels have started to leave a ton of fibers on my paint and glass lately. Washed in cold water, liquid detergent, air dried.

I'm getting the fibers mainly when I do a wash, and am drying with Adam's detail spray. They are practically impossible to remove. Not too visible on my silver Ford, but really noticable on my dark motorcycle.

I've seen a couple of threads on the subject, but has anyone found the cure?

Thank you!

I'm confused, are you saying you use the blue plush towels to dry?

In any event many times the cause of linting is cross contamination from other types of material. Have the towels ever been washed in a load with terry cloth towels??

Also there is a reasonable lifespan on towels... as the wear out from lots of use they may eventually begin to drop fibers. You have to figure after years of wiping, buffing, and being washed they're gonna start to wear out. It may just be time to start replacing the ones that are giving you trouble.

Don't stick your hand in the boiling pot.

Keep towel away from open flame or the heating element.

Oh come on, where's your sense of adventure.? :lolsmack:

J/K, those are great words of advice.

....so, I figure while I am drinking beer and watching football this Sunday I can boil up some towels.
Just go for it. We need some excitement around here. Be sure to post pictures.

:iagree::D:lol: And remember::worth:

J/K, oh man TGIF.......

Please boil your towels EARLY in the game and remember to tell your guests you're boiling your towels and not making soup. I'd love to see their reactions when you tell them you're boiling your towels! :eek:

I thought you were supposed to use some vinegar in the water? If so, how much? I am sorting through my towels because some shed and some don't....so, I figure while I am drinking beer and watching football this Sunday I can boil up some towels.

Have any steps for this so I dont ruin them or burn myself or start a fire?

Don't stick your hand in the boiling pot.

Put a big pot on The stuff fill it up with water. Boil water put towel in water for 5 to 10 minutes remove towel, dry.

Keep towel away from open flame or the heating element.

Archived