Customer Service 866.965.0400

lookie what we have here...

Team Adam's

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm using 4" DJM drop arms on the front. Make sure you use a good synthetic grease or the bushing will squeak in no time. Other than that I love mine.

Yea, already on the agenda for saturdays install. Well aware of it since I used DJM to drop the TBSS... gonna drill/tap/install zerk fittings on any of the bushings that don't already have them like I did the last time around.

Sweet. That's going to set it down nicely.

Is your Avalanche 4WD or rear drive?

RWD... I purposely ordered a 2WD LT2 so I could lower it more. The LTZ (which had some of the better options) comes standard with the rear air assist and completely limits the amount of suspension work you can do.

Though its taken almost a year I had plans for this truck from the beginning. :lolsmack:

Nothing wrong with having a plan of attack. I only buy vehicles that I can do stuff to.

Don't sweat it being a year already, you've already changed some stuff to make it your own. Can't always do everything immediately. :) It will look really good with that new stance!!

Dylan.. how did you deal with the rear on the SS?

Moved the air assist sensor bracket... pretty easy to do on the TBSS, all you need is a 10mm socket on an extension and a tape measure to make sure you get the rear fender gaps even. Once you know what you're looking at it takes less than 10 minutes to complete the whole drop on the rear... you can do it with the wheels on!

If you ever need help on it LMK... I can walk you thru it.

You make me miss mini truckin'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon now... I know you miss mini truckin' already, you didn't need me to make you miss it :D

How much drop?:drool:

a little over 3" in the front, 5.5" in the rear... at least thats what it should be. In my experience they always settle out a little lower than anticipated.

Dylan.. how did you deal with the rear on the SS?

Are you looking for just the bag adjustment...that by itself makes your ride suffer. While you're at it, get some new rear shocks. Trust a Mook. I'm 30 3/8" to the lip all the way around. PM me if you need any help...I can point you in the right direction! Don't forget you may want a new rear panhard bar to help center the rear end back up also!

DYLAN!!!!

\

Finally man! Good luck on Saturday! Remember how much a pain those things were on the SS? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

a little over 3" in the front, 5.5" in the rear... at least thats what it should be. In my experience they always settle out a little lower than anticipated.

Yea my 4/6 on my last silverado turned into a 6/8 when all was said and done.. and that was in 97 so it was PRE Air Ride.. lol Spark shooter!

Thanks for the offer D!

And I cant wait to see that Avi slammed.. dead sexy..

Moved the air assist sensor bracket... pretty easy to do on the TBSS, all you need is a 10mm socket on an extension and a tape measure to make sure you get the rear fender gaps even. Once you know what you're looking at it takes less than 10 minutes to complete the whole drop on the rear... you can do it with the wheels on!

That will look hot Dylan. And not to go off topic, but how Dylan described is how we lowered the rear of our TBSS also and it worked great.

Bruce

Archived