Customer Service 866.965.0400

!!Well it is that time again! Tire Time !!

11chevz71

Yeah that right i need a new set of tire and dread it every time. Not the new tire part the hole in my pocket part:lol:. I was going to avoid this and get a different vehicle because i wanted to upgrade. But none of the trucks i look at did anybody wanted to deal on so i am back to keeping the truck. Which is probably a good choice right now! Also might get that line-x i wanted and maybe a leveling kit. So i am currently running a Bfg ko all terrian. And i wonder what other people were runing and might be worth trying.

Things Needed in the tire

All terrian-Truck pounds pavement and dirt. Not like some black Avalanches i see on here:D

Last at least 40,000

Good wet weather abilitys

And more things that i am not thinking of at moment

I am currently look at bfg, nitto, and bridgestones.

So any suggestions?

Tread Pics of the tire currently

towels008.jpg

check out coopers st i think or copper stt, and look at the new general grabbers they look pretty sweet in the truckin mags.

Since dan said something i was looking at the sst cooper. Man your forum name make me want this truck i look at. :drool:wanted a ss so bad. Oh well.

get one man, there awesome, love the truck so much, but you wouldnt be lookin at buyin cooper stt or bfg all terrains with the ss hahah

I know man. But there is one thing that scare the crap out of me whic is the wear on the trans with the awd system. Have a hard time taking the risk. And i am so close with funds i can almost by a brand new truck so what 03-06 used ones are going for. So who knows.

I love my BFG TA/KO's, I would go with the same tire your currently using.

But, if your looking for another great all around A/T tire. Go with the Bridgestone Dueler Revo2. If your driving that much they are great on the highway and do fantastic on snow/dirt/ice. Also, you will probably see an increase in MPG vs the KO's

I got some Goodyear Duratracs. Can't really tell you from my experience how they perform because they arrived at the house about 2 weeks after I was deployed. Everything I have read about them says they kick the BFG AT's butts.

tires012.jpg

truck_005.jpg

Goodsideview.jpg

I wanted higher mileage, quiet tires that were rated well. I got on tire rack (for reference) and looked around. Hankook's were rated VERY well and the prices seemed pretty spot on too. OEM's are using them now so I thought WTHeck...

Here's a review of them...

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/gear/163_0710_hankook_dynapro_rf10_all_terrain_tires/index.html

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/gear/163_0710_hankook_dynapro_rf10_all_terrain_tires/photo_03.html

They're quiet, look good, and have super deep sypes(sp?) for great water and snow traction.

I honestly couldn't be happier with them.

Chris

Also guy i cant do a highway tire. Wish i could for the 500-700 miles i put on a week but i dont like the way they handle in the rain.

I have Continental CrossContact LX's on my Frontier and they are great in the rain. I am almost to the wear bars and they still handle better than the General Grabber HTS that I replaced.

BFG All Terrain's are what I've always ran. They have always lasted over 50K miles. They aren't great on wet pavement though. I recently swapped to Mickey Thompson ATZ's and I love them but haven't ran them long enough to give a fair review. General Tire makes a good, less expensive All Terrain. I've never heard anything negative about Cooper Tire either and they actually manufacture the Mickey Thompson ATZ.

My last tires on mine were the cool looking meaty Coopers and the got louder and louder and harder and harder with miles. Too aggressive for me and crap in the wet and snow. You need the cuts in the tire rubber for best snow and water traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder!! Gotta get some winter rubber for my Coupe.

If your looking for winter tires you may want to try these: FIRESTONE WINTERFORCE. I have used them in the winter and have found them to be a great winter tire. We had two weeks of snow/ice on the roads back in January (you did not see any pavement or markings on the road) and I did not have any trouble getting to and from work.

so you want an a/t?

you really have one of the better ones that are offered out there. others you may consider are the cooper zeon, general grabber, nitto/toyo a/t, pro comp a/t/xtreme a/t.

i just like the way m/t look, but i most likely will be running a a/t in the winter. i love the looks of the toyos/coopers/nitto trail grapps and they all last very well.

Archived