Customer Service 866.965.0400

steps

08'taco

Question

11 answers to this question

What i've usually done is most durable on the bottom and then work up to the one that wears off first. So i would do Sealant->Wax->Glaze

Haven't tried it with Adams products yet so i'm not sure how they react to that method. Will try it out sooner or later.

Edited by Soccerluvr4

You will hear all kinds of things from users here.  Some good, some iffy....

Many people put glaze down first and have fantastic results.  However - Adam recommends sealant first because the sealant BONDS to the bare, clean paint and will last a lot longer than it will if you put it over the top of glaze.

Do whatever you want.  If it works for you, great!

Edited by Beemer

Polymers in the sealant cross-link (bond) to bare paint better than paint that has been recently glazed.  Glaze leaves oils/fillers on the surface and technically the strength of the sealant coating is compromised with that method.

Sealant won't "lock in" the glaze and make it last longer if thats why you want to do it.

If you're content on putting glaze down first to fill in imperfections don't bother with the sealant.  It'd be a waste as it won't bond correctly (as others have stated).  Just do glaze/wax if that's your path.

For longest protection though sealant then wax.

The glaze + wax is a good combo for car show/garage cars.  Sealant + wax is great for daily drivers.