Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Detailing Cart Review

Yesterday I raced home with excitement because my new cart was waiting for me.  First impression is the box is large and came in around 34 pounds. The cart was extremely simple to assemble, just make sure to have a mallet standing by for the wheels.

post-10975-0-45989300-1416623254_thumb.jpeg

After setting up the cart I realized that this has a huge amount of space and is extremely sturdy.  I didn't own the previous cart, but I don't see these shelves having any failures.  They are very stout and can easily hold gallons.  The top shelf is a tub that allows you to keep things from sliding off while the second and third shelves are flat.  The cart came with a second set of pillars for the bottom that look like you could attach walls and a door to the cart.  If those are ever offered it could be a really nice option.

The bottle holder really sets the cart off and is an fantastic red.

post-10975-0-19837500-1416623275_thumb.jpeg

These wheels won't have any problem rolling around my garage or out on the driveway.  In fact I am going to look for some of these to put on my stool.

post-10975-0-29690900-1416623261_thumb.jpeg

The power strip attached to the cart is going to come in handy.  I'm always having to double check the extension cord while polishing to make sure I have enough slack.

post-10975-0-71030900-1416623265_thumb.jpeg

To top off the cart the man himself signed it!  

I really like this cart and will get some great use out of it for many years.  To the Adams team, thank you for trying to find the best products to help us fine our shine potential.

post-10975-0-91078700-1416623269_thumb.jpeg

Whoa...that is one big bad detailing cart Kris!  Thanks for the good pics.  I know Adam said this one would be larger than the original cart, and it sure looks like it - one extra row in the bottle holder for 12 bottles instead of 8, and longer shelves overall...sweet!  That integrated power strip is very nice too, I didn't realize it had that.

If anyone wants a quick comparison, here's the original Adam's Detailing Cart that I have in my garage:

20140927_214335_zps52f53437.jpg

Edited by psu goat

I'm not sure I like the base and middle section not having sides. I would think anything I put on there would eventually fall off after moving the cart around. I'm not too convinced on how this is better than the last cart.

Agreed.  That's one of the things I really like about my current Adam's cart.  I can wheel it anywhere and not worry about anything sliding off. But I do like the larger bottle holder on the new one better.  Pros and cons to both I guess.

Funny how people are into the power strip on the cart.  You can mount a power strip to any cart.  And add sides if you feel inclined, as long as the corner supports are square and not round.  IMHO, it really isn't practical having a power strip due to the fact that now you either have to leave the cart plugged in near where your plug is located.  Or run a cord from your outlet to the cart, then another cord from the cart to your tool.  Or just push that cart around with you while you polish, and use the short cord that is on your tool.  I personally don't see where it is necessary to have a whole cart of product, when your using some polish, your polisher, some detail spray and a microfiber towel for example.  Maybe others have a different setup and what works for them.  Just seems like a lot of effort to push around a bunch of stuff that your not going to use, gallons for example.  This is just my opinion.

I just purchased some of this shelving and mounted a couple of rows to the wall, close to where I do all my detailing.  It comes in different lengths and widths.  The spacing works perfect for hanging bottles by the sprayer.  I'am not shuffling through a shelf looking for the product I need.    It is right there and I can tell by color what everything is.  The product that can't be hung, SVRT, In and Out, Shampoo, and Quick Sealant for example fit fine on the shelf.  My polishes I keep in a dark tote as to keep them out of the sunlight.  My gallons and other overflow I store in the basement utility room where it is dark and cool year round.  Temperature doesn't fluctuate in that room.  

Not saying what I or others do is right or wrong.  This is just works for me and some ideas and thoughts that I thought I would share.  

Find a friend with sheet metal skills and you could have them make you another bottle holder.

I would think it would be extremely easy to build your own.  Pick up a piece of sheet metal in your desired size.  Use a drill press with a hole saw and cut your holes slowly.  You may not have a drill press yourself, but a friend or a neighbor may have one that they would be willing to let you use.  Use a rat tail file to smooth out the cut edges in the circle.  Then take one of these tools to fold the sides over to fit on your cart.  They come in 12 inch, 18 inch, and 24 inch.  

I have seen these tools at HD, but it isn't the brand I noted above.  Just used the above as an example.  I bought mine from an HVAC supply store as that is the trade they are used in.

Edited by LFairbanks

Good feedback friends, and this is how we constantly improve the products here!   We have about 25 more carts coming, and they are the end of the prototype series.   The next may well have different characteristics.  

Again, thanks, and keep the feedback coming!!

I found the rolling seat too tall and use it for my detailing cart...that is when my girls aren't using it as a Barbie bus.

IMAG0999.jpg

I find it to be the perfect height to hold my bucket when doing a rinseless wash. Also when I'm polishing it is again at the perfect height to hold my stuff while I'm moving around on the rolling seat

I found the rolling seat too tall and use it for my detailing cart...that is when my girls aren't using it as a Barbie bus.

IMAG0999.jpg

I find it to be the perfect height to hold my bucket when doing a rinseless wash. Also when I'm polishing it is again at the perfect height to hold my stuff while I'm moving around on the rolling seat

:lolsmack:  :lolsmack:  :lolsmack:

We dads can't deny our girls anything.   :2thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Interesting. I just received my cart and there are some differences between yours and mine. No power strip attached to mine, all black pillars, and no second set for walls. Wonder why that was changed so quickly.

You're comparing yours to a review of a prototype version that was briefly sold while different combinations and accessories were tried out. Thus the signature from Adam on the side and the other additional features. Also see Adam's quote a few posts up from yours:

Good feedback friends, and this is how we constantly improve the products here!   We have about 25 more carts coming, and they are the end of the prototype series.   The next may well have different characteristics.  

Again, thanks, and keep the feedback coming!!

You're comparing yours to a review of a prototype version that was briefly sold while different combinations and accessories were tried out. Thus the signature from Adam on the side and the other additional features. Also see Adam's quote a few posts up from yours:

Thats what i get for not reading the entire post. Thanks for the info!