Customer Service 866.965.0400

Product Longevity Thread

falcaineer

Question

The goal of this thread is to consolidate answers to the inevitable question: "How long does 'product X' last?" Given that caveats galore definitely exist, including driving conditions, how the vehicle is stored, etc., please feel free to post those, too. The more products listed here, the better...let's try to get them all!

I'll start with what I have learned/experienced.

Paint Sealant: at least 6 months

Glass Sealant: 200 miles of rain driving, using wipers; one full tank of windshield washer fluid

HGG: 1-2 months

Patriot Wax: 1-3 months; garage queens will see on higher end+, while dailies will likely see on the lower end; any extreme conditions can/will change wax longevity

Brilliant Glaze: 1-2 weeks (in good weather)

Some products I'd like to know: Buttery Wax? Trim Coating? 

11 answers to this question

Adam’s new catalog says Paint Sealant can last 8 months,  i wonder if they are still testing it to its max?

Glass sealant lasted pretty long for me, but i was using glass boost a couple times a month with it.  Glass boost is freaking awesome,  soo little effort, and that small bottle puts out the smallest amount with each trigger squeeze and thats all you need,  no need to saturate the glass,  one or two spritz, spread and buff.  ?

tire shine- lasts weeks for me, 3-4, will stay on with light rain driving.  Or heavy rain parking.

3 hours ago, Ls1transam said:

So to anyone who is wondering about the durability in the new One Step. I did a few test spots on November 12. It’s now December 21 and after washing the car, the water on those test spots was pretty much flat. It did slowly dissipate. So I’d say about a month of durability is all you’ll get. This is my daily driver and it sits outside all the time. That’s just my experience.

Good info form another thread on the one step polish.

Few updates....

VRT on trim has held up well thru snow and salt on my wifes Honda CRV, I  recently washed, and its still hanging on.

Paint Sealant on my parents Nissan Marauno, is at 8 months and still hanging on, even the windows are still beading (i treated glass, lights, and paint with PS)

(couple facts, the vehicle lives outside less than a mile from interstate 95, and about 10miles from heavy industry, it is also a daily driver)

56 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

Few updates....

VRT on trim has held up well thru snow and salt on my wifes Honda CRV, I  recently washed, and its still hanging on.

Paint Sealant on my parents Nissan Marauno, is at 8 months and still hanging on, even the windows are still beading (i treated glass, lights, and paint with PS)

(couple facts, the vehicle lives outside less than a mile from interstate 95, and about 10miles from heavy industry, it is also a daily driver)

That impressive. When I did use Adam’s sealant it never lasted that long. Do you ever top it with H20 GG? Does it still bead/shed water on the lower half of the vehicle behind the wheels and lower parts of the door?

I appologize for not elaborating,  it was only washed once since I sealed it.  And I am not sure about the lower parts you mentioned,  its white and was hard to tell from my vantage point and it was pouring when I saw it.  

It was never GnG or anything else.  

And it was the new ‘coconut’ scented sealant.

Edited by Nickfire20

On 11/28/2017 at 10:59 PM, falcaineer said:

Some products I'd like to know: Buttery Wax? Trim Coating? 

For Buttery wax in South Carolina on a Chevy kept in the driveway in the Sun, is getting 1 good week and by the end of the second week it is completely gone.

The same color on a different Chevy kept in the garage and driven 3-5 miles a day, is getting roughly 1 month.

Bringing back an old thread....

This is my daily driver, it sits outside 24/7.  It’s an 18 yr old Chevy Silverado.

I drive both back roads and highways, work in city atmosphere near train tracks, live in the country.

3 months ago to the day, I cleaned , clay mitt, clay barred, Heavy Correction Compounded, and Correction Polished the driver side...Passenger side got One Step.  Then both sides got Coating Prep.  This truck has been an experiment, and came completely trashed when I purchased it in May.

Driver side...

Front fender- Paint Sealant

Doors- GnG

Gas door area(Front of bed)- Ceramic Waterless

”Z71” area(Rear Bed)- Ceramic Boost 

Passenger Side...

Ceramic Spray Coating

Let is also be known, Ive washed the truck only 3 times, with only Car Shampoo, dry with just a towel, no DS or other toppers.

Here are a few videos I made today after using my Apple Cider Shampoo 😬👍🍎🍏🎃