Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Finishing polish

Ls1transam

Question

Had a chance to use the new polish today. I just did half a fender between details today. I was surprised at how aggressive it is for a polish. Long working time, I was in the direct sun although the temps were in the upper 40’s so that helped. Really easy wipe off. Almost no effort at all. Took hammered paint and made it look acceptable. And it smelled amazing while I was polishing. Thumbs up Adam’s team ?? 

22 answers to this question

Im hoping he means “new to him”.  The last thing I need is another new product announcement!!!! My mouth is watering for the new releases “coming soon”.  Adam’s has the worlds greatest marketing team. On point with everything!! Keep it up!????????

2 things

1-I plan on “FINISHING” my whole truck once winter is complete, because washing the salt off has caused more swirls on my soft Chevy Black paint.

2- their marketing team gets it...I saw Kyle announce something else new coming soon (on his insta last night)

48 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

Im hoping he means “new to him”.  The last thing I need is another new product announcement!!!! My mouth is watering for the new releases “coming soon”.  Adam’s has the worlds greatest marketing team. On point with everything!! Keep it up!????????

Yea it’s the newer formula that has been out a while now. I’ve just now got some of it and tried it haha.

One step products compromise on every angle. It will never be as good as a dedicated product. One step products are aimed at either the user who’s trying to invest the least amount of time or the detailer that’s working for dollars in the least amount of time for profit. 

For the best finish, finishing polish topped with LSP will be the best. 

For reference our basic service is an all in one and it goes up from there. That allows to offer a finish acceptable to most clients in a time frame and price where we can still remain profitable. For true car enthusiasts, we go into different polishes and LSP. 

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

Sounds good Shane, thanks for the info, makes perfect sense.

Curious if you have used Adam’s 1Step.

I am not very versed on polishing,  I’ve only done it 3 times total between my wifes and my SUV’s.  

But before winter, I used Adam’s 1step, and it worked great removing all the swirls and clay bar marring from my Chevy paint.  I also thought it left an exceptional high gloss.  That was in December, it still looks amazing after a wash and detail spray.  I just want to see how much better I can make it look like “dripping water” for the summer.

I have all of Adam’s newer polishing liquids, also have Griots BOSS Correcting cream and Griots complete polish(which I think it like Revive)

We haven’t used the Adam’s yet. It’s a quantity available thing. We keep waiting for the pro line to release which will offer us the ability to purchase in quantity. 

We use another companies AIO polish. It works well for what it is. It won’t take a neglected car and bring it bike like steps of polishing will. It’s not that type of product. It will remove light marks from daily driving and such and leave a little protection.  We actually top ours with a spray just for better durability for our clients. We don’t offer that as an option, it’s just how we do business. 

If you have never gotten to see the difference between steps of polishing and AIO, the AIO will definitely look great. If you’re trying to maximize your appearance, try some polishes to see what steps are needed and then do the whole vehicle. Correcting polish and finishing polish is a safe bet. If you have a dark vehicle, finishing compound is a must in our opinion. Compounding is its own creature and comes with its own host of things to be aware of. It’s not anything too challenging, but you’ll be working with a more aggressive pad/compound combination which can strip clear coat in a hurry. 

For “dripping wet” and durable without going the way of ceramics (which also have pros and cons), we would do this:

-wash

-decon

-clay

-polish (most likely two steps; correcting and finishing

-paint sealant

-glaze (short lasting product but deep appearance)

-two thin coats of Americana

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all in how your vehicle looks with this formula. 

Hopefully I’ve helped you out a bit without making things more confusing. 

No, that was great man!  And all I have to do is add in the correcting stage, prior to finishing and save the AIO for the parents car ?

Here are a couple pics  the Honda is my wifes,  the pic was last summer.  It hadn’t been washed in probably 2years, never corrected.  Its a 2006.  I used Megs compound, and Griots BOSS correcting. (This was before my Adam’s arsenal was on point) .

The Tahoe is mine not polished, just sporting 4 coats of BG back on Thanksgiving 2017.

Do you think using Adam’s Orange and White I can make the wifes “dripping wet”?

698136C6-B76E-41FA-A998-B5D452CF03B9.jpeg

3977526A-4804-4499-811C-109893465974.jpeg

Edited by Nickfire20

I do think you can achieve that look. I’d avoid layering glaze as there’s no real benefit and you’re just wasting product. 

Gloss comes mostly from polishing. Once the paint is smooth, the gloss will happen. Paint by nature gets uneven through fallout, rain, etc.

The photo is a Jeep prior to any LSP. In this case it ended up coated in Adams. This was after removing a vinyl decal from the hood and polishing. At the point it was ready for coating. And the paint was rough when we got it despite being low mileage. You can tell a lot from the reflections and clarity about the finish. 

0F78850A-4143-47E4-B8BB-0575A5F64086.jpeg

Another tip I may have read over, if so forgive me lol. You can use the correction polish. Then use an AIO as your second polishing step. That will save time and you’re going to get a great wet look from the polishing alone. After tor done, you can add a layer of wax to add a little more gloss if wanted.

9 minutes ago, Ls1transam said:

Another tip I may have read over, if so forgive me lol. You can use the correction polish. Then use an AIO as your second polishing step. That will save time and you’re going to get a great wet look from the polishing alone. After tor done, you can add a layer of wax to add a little more gloss if wanted.

You can do that. It would work okay. But you’re sacrificing protection. The AIO’s don’t do anything great. You’re compromising on every side to make it an AIO. It’s exactly why AIO is aimed at those detailing for dollars. The “make it look good with the least time invested” mentality. We are even guilty of it. For the price of a normal detail, people just care about how it looks and not so much durability. So to keep the price where the masses want to pay (and even then it’s a challenge at times), compromises are made. If a client is serious about protection and has the budget to support it, we wouldn’t ever use an AIO. Even when we do use on our base service, we spray a product on top for a little extra durability. 

If you go go through the trouble of correcting the paint, do yourself a favor and don’t sell yourself short on protection. 

I’m just saying for sake of time and money  with the AIO. I don’t like AIO products that much just because of the short term protection. I did a corvette no long ago that looked horrible. I used an AIO type product and it looked amazing. I was just getting it ready to be sold. And someone cane and looked at the next day and bought it on the spot. This is after I had polished with the AIO.

E55154CA-40B8-495D-B5EB-1A7E7FEFC235.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ls1transam said:

AIO products are still a good service to offer. The average person may want their cars finish to look better, but don’t wanna pay for it. AIO is a perfect option for them. As long as they made aware of the cons that come with an AIO. Just my opionion.

I agree, and we use them for basic service. For someone here who wants to get the most durability, each step standalone is the way to go. 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Nope, never have, never will use an AIO.  

I can see why some people wouldn’t. I personally don’t use them on my own vehicles. But given the right situation they can be a great tool. Like my sisters car, the paint is a wreck. She wants it to be shinier and brighter. She’s not gonna wash and dry like she should. So I’m not gonna waste my time doing say a 1 step using slow arm speed etc. I’ll use an AIO with medium arm speed. It’ll remove light swirls and remove any haze and of course it’ll fill too. That will make the paint look much better and she’ll be happy. I’ll follow up with a spray sealant I have to add more protection and send her on her way. That is a good example of a lot of people out there.