Customer Service 866.965.0400

Weather Tech mats

Bryman312

Question

so i got some weather tech mats for our new van.  we have 4 kids and they are a must.  anyhow i got them in cocoa brown to match the door trim & dash.  i wondering what you all use to clean these mats/ maintain them?  on our old van we had the same mats but in black so id just clean them and use a mild wipedown of some type of armorall.  i dont want them to be super slippery but whats Adams got to work with on these?  especially them being brown?

17 answers to this question

I have the same color Weather Tech mats in my daily driver and I use the Tire and Rubber cleaner. Tried the APC on them, but the Tire and Rubber cleaner works better.  Been using Weather Tech floor liners for years. Best products out there.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/wheels-tires/adam-s-tire-rubber-cleaner.html

5 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

It’s released and a dealer exclusive. So any dealer should have it or can get it for you.

my closest dealer is Adams headquarters LOL........looks like im goin shopping today....... dirty mats in a brand new van make a wife NO HAPPY.  and lets face it.......happy wife happy life!!

Tire and Rubber Cleaner will handle it no issue.  I let my driver side mat build up for a few months of winter abuse (salt puddles, staining, etc.) and then TRC took care of it no problem, they are minty new looking.  I'd avoid using any kind of dressing on them other than an interior detailer. Armor-all and similar products leave them very slippery but the gloss adding agents also live behind a film that grabs dust and light dirt and holds onto it and makes it look worse. 

I use the Adams Rubber and Mat liner cleaner.  Much, much better than what WeatherTech sells for cleaning although I did go over to the dark side and bought my first non Adams products in over 13 years.  I purchased WeatherTech's Mat and Liner Protection product.  It works good and your shoes do not slip when feet are on the floor.  Sorry Adam.  I owe you a beer.

On 4/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, Bryman312 said:

so i got a bottle of the rubber Matt and liner cleaner from Adams today.  ill try it out when it stops being rainy and crappy outside and report back!

1755966862_Adamsrubbermatlinercleaner.thumb.jpg.d518719f7ee71131c64b36957d357e63.jpg

Is this going to be made available for everyone to purchase at some point? 

2 minutes ago, Lee said:

Is this going to be made available for everyone to purchase at some point? 

You have to purchase it from an individual Adam's dealer. I was told it's a dealer exclusive, bought mine from detail giant on instagram

11 hours ago, Traizer said:

You have to purchase it from an individual Adam's dealer. I was told it's a dealer exclusive, bought mine from detail giant on instagram

Guess I’ll just stick to rubber cleaner, not gonna go out of my way to figure out how to order it.