Customer Service 866.965.0400

2018/2019/2020 Corvettes @ Carlisle

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Yeah, quite a few reserved guys have cancelled.  Hate to say it, but it's been two weeks since the Chrysler show and the numbers are going up and up in that area (if you trust the numbers). Fords this weekend, so by the time Vettes rolls around, the possibility is there that the numbers could really soar.  Time will tell.  I'm just too darn old to chance it.  

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Yeah, quite a few reserved guys have cancelled.  Hate to say it, but it's been two weeks since the Chrysler show and the numbers are going up and up in that area (if you trust the numbers). Fords this weekend, so by the time Vettes rolls around, the possibility is there that the numbers could really soar.  Time will tell.  I'm just too darn old to chance it.  

Yeah it’s sad hopefully this

Ford's last weekend was awesome!

I've noticed at each of the first three Carlisle events we've done this year, each show seems to have more and more folks wearing masks when they come into our booth. Again, all my staff are wearing masks. Even though, it can't be more than 1/4 of our customers with masks.

I checked with my guy for the Carlisle Events, if they've received notification of any folks that had been at the first two events coming down with COVID, his answer was no.

Adam still plans to be at Corvettes from Thursday through Saturday, and we're finalizing our plans for the customer appreciation party. I'm spreading us out in two yards this year, and will have my staff handling the beverages so there won't be many hands touching anything.

Marcello's for food and DJ Matt will be there again.

Edited by BRZN

How are you guys going to manage the whole social distance thing at the party Friday night?  I know you're spread out over two yards, but there's a LOT of people there.

7 hours ago, Rich said:

How are you guys going to manage the whole social distance thing at the party Friday night?  I know you're spread out over two yards, but there's a LOT of people there.

We'll be spread out over two yards with about as many tables and chairs as we normally have in one yard. The beverage selections will be less, with my Team members wearing masks and gloves; handing out, or pouring the drinks. I'll have tape lines on the driveways at six foot intervals leading to the food and drink. Those serving food will be in masks and gloved.

Those attending will need to be smart enough to social distance themselves from others, this I can not control.

We've done three shows now, with me at a fourth and the Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals this coming weekend we'll be at. To date, none of my Team members have become ill.

Guy on one of the forums said there will be general parking on the hill on the fairgrounds where the general Corvette parking is/was.  So if you don't have a Vette and just want to go for the day to look around in your Dodge,  a one day pass for 2 people with the general parking inside the fairgrounds is only $30.  It's on top of the hill, and quite a walk, but better than hunting for parking outside. 

8 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Wow unbelievable thanks rich for the information 

I seriously doubt anything more will come of it.  It's all politics.  And to be honest, I figured something had to have been "worked out" between Carlisle Events and the State from the start.  Every other county had to cancel fairs, festivals, etc. where there are at least as many, maybe even less, people in attendance.  But it's interesting to read, and watch to see if any more turns up. 

• 10 months later...