Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Spray Wax Question

TR6speed

Question

I have a C6 Corvette that is not a daily driver and spends a lot of time in the garage covered.  I have not done the Ceramic coating and not sure I plan to, but I was wondering about the Spray Wax.  After I wash the car and blow the majority of the water off, I apply a mist of detail spray in the drying portion.  Can the Spray Wax be used after this process and is it a good product for those in between the major detail sessions?

10 answers to this question

That is typically how I use spray wax. I'm sure Adam's will be no different. They have a video on the product page for spray wax explaining it further than their description. 

I also use spray wax on top of my sealant/wax combination just to give it a little extra pop and to make sure I got all the residue from the sealant/wax off the vehicle. 

I'm sure Spray Wax will be used like any other of the excellent spray waxes on the market. This is unfortunately a product that has LOTS of excellent competition. I hope it will stand out in some way against the literally 100s of spray waxes on the market.

Good question. I just ran across the video on YouTube. The color and bottle design is confusing as it looks like detail spray. So I have to wonder if its a replacement for DS and if it isn't, why didn't they change the color or something to differentiate it. #Confused :)

6 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

I’m pretty sure Adam’s anticipated all of these questions, and thats why they made a pretty good write up on the product page and included a video

Well the video is no help, but the information on the bottom of the detail spray page was in fact helpful. Thanks !

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, swexlin said:

I'm sure Spray Wax will be used like any other of the excellent spray waxes on the market. This is unfortunately a product that has LOTS of excellent competition. I hope it will stand out in some way against the literally 100s of spray waxes on the market.

I am old school and do not like to mix products.  I have been an Adams user almost from his very beginning.  I have a friend that works with a local manufacturer and supplier of different detailing products, but their line is not complete as far as polishes, and final waxes, so I have stayed with Adams even though they have tried to convince me to use their products.  They do have a great spray wax, but I have not used it, because I don't want to mix it with the Adams products.

My curiosity is whether or not it will give that extra pop that you get with Brilliant Glaze when applied on top of the wax, HGG or CB.  If it does and is easier to apply and lasts longer, that would be a real winner in my book. The only way to find out is to wait for my bottle to arrive and give it a try.

On 11/22/2018 at 6:26 AM, RayS said:

My curiosity is whether or not it will give that extra pop that you get with Brilliant Glaze when applied on top of the wax, HGG or CB.  If it does and is easier to apply and lasts longer, that would be a real winner in my book. The only way to find out is to wait for my bottle to arrive and give it a try.

The Spray Wax and BG are different type products meant for different purposes. I wouldn't expect the same type of shine. But I would expect it to last a lot longer. Looking forward to seeing your results, though.

I used Spray Wax on my weekender before putting into storage for the winter (e36 M3) and have to say it went on much slicker than Detail Spray does and a towel flip/buff after initial wipe. The car had 2 coats of Americana about 500 miles before being put into storage and about 2 washes and a few rounds of Waterless wash touch ups. It didn't see any weather after the Spray Wax but the level of shine I thought brought back a good amount of the 'pop' I get from Americana. 

It was also very difficult to get the car cover on the car after applying because it kept sliding off trying to do it myself. Had to enlist a helper. 😀

I can report back how it's holding up and in weather in March when she comes out of hibernation as I'll be getting it ready for it's annual 2K mile road trip to the Smoky mountains and I usually don't do the 'full' detail until right before the trip 2nd weekend of April.