Customer Service 866.965.0400

ceramics and quik detail??

jeffawats

Question

Should I only be using Boost about once a month or as a daily detail spray? Bit confused as wether I should be using detail spray as my everyday detailer or maybe even go to ceramic waterless wash.I usually use my california duster then detail spray at this point however in another post I got lots of streaking with CB 2.0

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, jeffawats said:

Should I only be using Boost about once a month or as a daily detail spray? Bit confused as wether I should be using detail spray as my everyday detailer or maybe even go to ceramic waterless wash.I usually use my california duster then detail spray at this point however in another post I got lots of streaking with CB 2.0

Using the Boost once every month or two is good. Definitely not as a daily detail spray. Using it really often will cause it to build up, likely affect the visual clarity you get, and too much at a time is likely what's causing your streaks.

Is your car coated? If not, what are you using as your base layer?

my wifes 18 Edge has the ceramic spray coating done about a month ago.I was using the Boost more like a detail spray I will stop doing that and go back to quick detail for my daily routine.thanks much

I was kind of considering doing your original mention Jeff; Once I use up all the detail spray I have, which isn't a small amount I'll admit lol, I am considering just using the new Ceramic Waterless like a detail spray and continue to use my Ceramic Boost once a month after a wash as the drying aid. 

I find it easier to apply/remove Ceramic Boost after a wash while the paint is still wet and I’m drying the vehicle.  I find it has the propensity to stream far less applying it this way and it kills two birds with one stone.  I also apply it to the rims the same way monthly.

Edited by Parad0x

I have gotten to where I only apply CB after a wash using the wet method and in the rare case where I do use some and the vehicle isn't wet, I spray it on the towel instead of the vehicle.  I also have to reminding myself to use very little, it is must easier to go over a section twice with a dampened towel than try to remove excess CB.  For the vehicles that have Ceramic Paste Wax, I have found the CB to be even easier to work with.  I think the ceramic liquid wax would be the same way, but I have not tried it yet.

As for going over the Ceramic Wax/Boost with a maintenance product, I have used regular Detail Spray and regular Waterless Wash and when I want it to really pop, I use Brilliant Glaze.  Since I started using a sprayer with the Brilliant Glaze, it makes it even easier to do the the vehicles.  

It's not a rule not to use those dusters, but they're sure frowned upon.  They'll scratch your paint faster than you can blink.  Shake them all you want, you can't get the fine dust and particles out of them, and then you're just dragging them back over your surfaces.  Waterless Wash or Detail Spray.  I use Detail Spray for light dust removal.