Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bought New Car...how should i be protecting it?

cdcruizer05

Question

So i bought a brand new Honda Accord Sport 2.0 in April. What products should i be using to protect the clear coat and maintain that awesome shine? I've been looking into F11 Topcoat, which Adams product compares to that?

Thanks!

Edited by cdcruizer05

19 answers to this question

1 hour ago, cdcruizer05 said:

Well I’m not experienced enough to do a ceramic coating. Looking for something simple that just adds a little extra protection. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Spray Wax is simple. It'll add a month or two of protection, goes on wet or dry vehicle, and adds awesome shine. Plus the towels are easy to clean (vs those used with H2O Guard & Gloss, but that's my favorite Adam's product).

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-spray-wax-16oz.html

Edited by falcaineer

6 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Spray Wax is simple. It'll add a month or two of protection, goes on wet or dry vehicle, and adds awesome shine. Plus the towels are easy to clean (vs those used with H2O Guard & Gloss, but that's my favorite Adam's product).

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-spray-wax-16oz.html

The Spray Wax works great and when used after a Waterless Wash it adds some good luster to the vehicle.   Waterless Wash, plus Spray Wax can be accomplished almost anyplace, whether it is your driveway, an apartment parking lot or garage.   If the vehicle is too dirty for a pure Waterless Wash, you can go by a Pay & Spray to knock the majority of the dirt off and then go over it with the Waterless and/or Spray Wax.

9 hours ago, cdcruizer05 said:

So i bought a brand new Honda Accord Sport 2.0 in April. What products should i be using to protect the clear coat and maintain that awesome shine? I've been looking into F11 Topcoat, which Adams product compares to that?

Thanks!

Nice! So if you're expecting F11 Top coat like the all in one type of thing, you definitely want to take a look at Adam's Ceramic Waterless Wash, and get the half gallon. This product is amazing. However, I agree with Nick. Ceramic Waterless Wash will work best on a ceramic coated surface.

See link from @Falcaineer. I would highly recommend a serious base of protection - Ceramic Coating (probably the most effective and most durable), Paint Sealant (should work nicely with good durability), Ceramic Paste Wax (If you can't quite get yourself to do the full ceramic coating process, this makes it a little easier and has decent duravililty).

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Nice! So if you're expecting F11 Top coat like the all in one type of thing, you definitely want to take a look at Adam's Ceramic Waterless Wash, and get the half gallon. This product is amazing. However, I agree with Nick. Ceramic Waterless Wash will work best on a ceramic coated surface.

See link from @Falcaineer. I would highly recommend a serious base of protection - Ceramic Coating (probably the most effective and most durable), Paint Sealant (should work nicely with good durability), Ceramic Paste Wax (If you can't quite get yourself to do the full ceramic coating process, this makes it a little easier and has decent duravililty).

To clarify, and I don't think it's what he meant, but don't apply those in that order. PS shouldn't be applied over a coating...or under, for that matter!

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

To clarify, and I don't think it's what he meant, but don't apply those in that order. PS shouldn't be applied over a coating...or under, for that matter!

Yes! Correct thanks for clarifying. I meant those three (CC, PS, and CPW) are options to have as your base layer.

20 hours ago, cdcruizer05 said:

Well I’m not experienced enough to do a ceramic coating. Looking for something simple that just adds a little extra protection. 

I just use the ceramic liquid wax and ceramic boost over it... H20 G&G and ceramic boost over it also gives you a little extra protection... 

Edited by shooterjgs
edit

On 5/17/2019 at 11:15 PM, cdcruizer05 said:

Totally understand. I like @shooterjgs suggestion of Ceramic Liquid Wax and Ceramic Boost, this is what I have been wanting to do to my wife's vehicle.

Although when I was in your spot - interested in protection for the first time - I started with H20 G&G just by itself and was blown away by it. It's very easy to apply, and it works very well. Just be prepared to apply it Once every 3 - 4 weeks or so.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:42 PM, cdcruizer05 said:

Thanks!

I would either apply Ceramic Coating or our new Ceramic Spray Coating......you won't be sorry!

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/ceramics.html

On 5/20/2019 at 2:02 PM, Chris@Adams said:

I would either apply Ceramic Coating or our new Ceramic Spray Coating......you won't be sorry!

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/ceramics.html

Ok, i think i will do the Ceramic Spray Coating, sounds like something i can handle. Do you recommend i clay the car before applying the ceramic spray? My car is pretty smooth now. 

10 hours ago, cdcruizer05 said:

Ok, i think i will do the Ceramic Spray Coating, sounds like something i can handle. Do you recommend i clay the car before applying the ceramic spray? My car is pretty smooth now. 

A clay, polish, and surface prep is always recommended. You want the paint to be as perfect and as bare as possible. Maybe look into the Revive Hand Polish as opposed to the more serious polishes. This one is minimally abrasive, and is said to work as a paint cleaner.

Reason for that is, if there are any contaminants or imperfections, they will be sealed under the coating. The surface prep is for getting the clay lube/polishing oils/anything else that might be on there off to create the naked paint for the Ceramic Spray Coating to bond to.

But also, all of this is up to your discretion, considering your car is new and clay and polish are abrasive, you may not want to polish your car so early. On my vehicle (about 1 year old when I coated) , I skipped the polishing step simply because I didn't have the resources at the time. So my steps were as follows:

1. Strip Wash thoroughly
  2. Spray Iron Remover and rinse
  3. Clay with DS and rinse
  4. Dry
  5. Surface prep wipe down with Microfiber towel (important)
  6. Coat with CSC
  7. Wait cure time (Important)
  8. Ceramic Boost (optional, adds sacrificial layer to coating and boosts gloss and hydrophobics)

I have had great results so far - Hydrophobics are unbelievable, and gloss is crazy - I don't know how, but it really makes paint look great!

I think I would have used the Revive Hand Polish right before my surface prep if I could go back. That would give my paint even more extra pop, but I'm happy with my results.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin
Continued thought

Wow! Thanks for those tips! After i washed my car today, i was drying it and noticed how smooth the towel just glided across the surface. Only thing i've been using so far is Eagle One detail spray, it seems to be doing a pretty good job. 

Thanks again!

Clay it, polish with finishing polish and then seal it up.  I like the clay mitt type products for my vehicles, at the time when I needed to buy one Adams wasn't offering it so I have a Nanoskin product.. I use Adams Polishes, I find most new cars that are in a proper wash regimen only need a finishing polish to make the paint pop, I have only polished my truck once with finishing polish because I have been diligent about using a good wash mitt and a grit guard... I clay it 2x a year and apply sealant, I try to hit it with H2o guard and gloss every 3-4 weeks... I polished it at roughly 20k miles and it's just over 70K now and I'm still not sure if it needs polishing again to be honest....

So I’m back after a long break... just got a new Subaru Outback in Black😉, I need to decide if I am going ceramic spray or stick to all of my existing, waxes (h2o, American,).... also how does brilliant glaze fit into the ceramic world??? I love BG...

6 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

So I’m back after a long break... just got a new Subaru Outback in Black😉, I need to decide if I am going ceramic spray or stick to all of my existing, waxes (h2o, American,).... also how does brilliant glaze fit into the ceramic world??? I love BG...

I can only speak about Brilliant Glaze with the Ceramic Paste Wax and it still adds the extra pop that we are familiar with when put on top.  The longevity is the same with it lasting for a weekend, I have not tried putting it underneath and don't see a need to with CPW.

6 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

BG can be on but not layered under the ceramic products