Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning Metal Air Vent?

CamaroSS

Question

What is the best way to clean up this air vent on our '68 Camaro. Obviously a little tarnished and such...just want to make it sparkle as much as possible! I don't know if it's chrome being inside. It has that metal feel and just trying to clean up the inside! All with Adams... Can I clean with the interior/leather cleaner followed by some metal polish or am I way off? Thx for your input.:D

post-3299-136818032429_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

'68 means thats metal... long before manufactures started using faux chrome plastic paint.

Start by cleaning it up using either waterless wash or detail spray, then some metal polish to polish it out and should shine like new.

Take it to a whole other level afterwards and apply some Brilliant Glaze to it.

Sorry it took a while to reply... Lots of stuff going on...

Here is how the polish turned out. Pretty good for the most part. Need to get in a little more in the tighter spaces but happy so far. This stuff is awesome. Detailed the whole inside for the most part. My father in law was excited! He is the main driver of it. Funny how he gave me crap about all my stuff...well that has changed.:D

Will post pics after the :pc: is done also...Can't wait to see that change.:drool:

Here is also a pic of the inside and a pic of the '68 at a laps for charity event where it was put at the front of a camaro pyramid. It was pretty cool putting the heritage of the camaro up front of some awesome 5th gens.:thumbsup:

post-3299-136818032901_thumb.jpg

post-3299-136818032907_thumb.jpg

post-3299-136818032915_thumb.jpg

OH, sorry it must be a different one than is described on the "Get Stuff 1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396" page, "Super Sport equipment added just $210 to a coupe or convertible and again included a heavy-duty suspension and the 285-bhp 350-cid V-8." If you have a 327 perhaps the motor was changed?

Archived