Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Spray Wax?

Moz

Here's my take on it. In the winter, you can clean and you can wax, but with all the "rail dust" and other contaminates stuck to your paint, a spray wax will diminish VERY quickly unless you clay the vehicle before applying. I've not used it, and I'm sure it's better than nothing. I'm not saying Adams shouldn't sell some. I just don't know how popular it would be. The actual protection it offers has got to be next to nothing. I also have a HUGE issue sealing dirt and contaminates into my paint.

Chris

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good stuff. I agree.

After using a product like O.P.T spray car wax, I am now totally sold on the idea.

For me, a product like this is necessary, because its impossible for me to wax my car over the winter in my garage when its 15 degree's F out. A waterless or rinse-less wash, and a spray wax are necessary for me. I refuse to not wash the road salt and snow off my car during winter month's.

I have attempted to use some liquid and paste products in this cold weather and its a serious issue. Tons of streaking, and major problems with spreading or removing the product.

I like the idea of Adams making a spray wax.

Honestly a waterless and rinseless wash isn't the for a car that has salt and road grim attached to it. Using WCW for that would create swirl city. WCW was intended to clean up after a light dusting not dirt that impacted into the paint. If I lived in a extreme cold climate are I would opt for a touchless wash then to touch the car without doing a hand wash. That's just my honest opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Honestly a waterless and rinseless wash isn't the for a car that has salt and road grim attached to it. Using WCW for that would create swirl city. WCW was intended to clean up after a light dusting not dirt that impacted into the paint. If I lived in a extreme cold climate are I would opt for a touchless wash then to touch the car without doing a hand wash. That's just my honest opinion.

Yup..up here in the cold country that's what I live by. When I can sneak it in (temps around 35-40) I run through the touchless wash..that's IT! No drying towel, no ds, no wcw. Then if/when we start getting a temp or two in the mid 40s or 50s and I can bust out a two bucket handwash is the ONLY time any towel, microfiber etc touches the paint, because then I know that layer of grime thats adhered to the paint, and doesnt come off on a touchless wash, is completely gone with the two bucket hand wash.

I'd rather my car be dirty for a stretch vs WCWing it with anything on it.

This Sunday my wife and I will drive from West Jefferson, NC to Monterey, CA. We'll stay 2 and 1/2 months. The current temp in West Jeff is 38 degrees. This morning I drove the black SUV through the touchless came home and finished the job with Adam's WCW. I applied a coat of Fine Machine Polish (in my garage) with a PC and followed that with a coat of Machine SuperWax. Along the way I'll remove bugs and stuff with WCW or Detail Spray. It works great. When I get to Monterey I'll properly wash the SUV in a friends garage and detail it. My travel kit includes WCW, Detail Spray, and Glass Cleaner with the appropriate towels. A great combo.

I have an Adam's customer that applies Revive Polish to his Corvette when he travels and does NOT remove it. When he reaches his destination he washes the car and he says bugs and crud comes right off. I will try this on the return trip.

Richard Kashinsky

Adam's Premium Car Care Products

North Carolina Distributor

336 408 4433 - cell

This Sunday my wife and I will drive from West Jefferson, NC to Monterey, CA. We'll stay 2 and 1/2 months. The current temp in West Jeff is 38 degrees. This morning I drove the black SUV through the touchless came home and finished the job with Adam's WCW. I applied a coat of Fine Machine Polish (in my garage) with a PC and followed that with a coat of Machine SuperWax. Along the way I'll remove bugs and stuff with WCW or Detail Spray. It works great. When I get to Monterey I'll properly wash the SUV in a friends garage and detail it. My travel kit includes WCW, Detail Spray, and Glass Cleaner with the appropriate towels. A great combo.

I have an Adam's customer that applies Revive Polish to his Corvette when he travels and does NOT remove it. When he reaches his destination he washes the car and he says bugs and crud comes right off. I will try this on the return trip.

Richard Kashinsky

Adam's Premium Car Care Products

North Carolina Distributor

336 408 4433 - cell

Richard & Betsy, have a fun & safe trip!!:thumbsup:

Interesting! Can't wait to hear how that goes Richard!:2thumbs:

and thanks for you opinion.

I have a pretty good system down pat. And I know what is too dirty and what is not. And I also believe that I have a good understanding of my products and there limitations. With that said, a rinseless wash is NOT a waterless wash. there 2 different products. If the car has heavily built up contamination on it, it will need to first be rinsed off with a pressure washer. There is a good rinselss wash system out there, that has product and a special foam mitt (over 100ppi) designed to be used together after proper prep and inspection has been done.

I have 4 halogens and a brinkmann light, and I do know what damage I have done and have avoided with them. I can usually get away 90 - 95% defect free on the WORST case scenario rinseless wash's. And believe it or not, that is sometimes better than a traditional hose and bucket wash. Best case scenario is 99% defect free.

I have tons of pictures of the last rinseless wash I did , from a thread I posted on another forum after doing so in 10 degree weather . If your interested in seeing them, you could PM me for the info. I did this on a 61K dollar car that was 3 days old. so believe me, I trust my system.

Sounds like you have a great system to get those kinds of results. I would be interested in learning that process myself. To get a car that clean without freezing my hands off is great. I think alot of people would be interested in seeing this process since the results seem to be good. Pictures would be great too! Thanks for sharing.

and thanks for you opinion.

I have a pretty good system down pat. And I know what is too dirty and what is not. And I also believe that I have a good understanding of my products and there limitations. With that said, a rinseless wash is NOT a waterless wash. there 2 different products. If the car has heavily built up contamination on it, it will need to first be rinsed off with a pressure washer. There is a good rinseless wash system out there, that has product and a special foam mitt (over 100ppi) designed to be used together after proper prep and inspection has been done.

I have 4 halogens and a brinkmann light, and I do know what damage I have done and have avoided with them. I can usually get away 90 - 95% defect free on the WORST case scenario rinseless wash's. And believe it or not, that is sometimes better than a traditional hose and bucket wash. Best case scenario is 99% defect free.

I have tons of pictures of the last rinseless wash I did , from a thread I posted on another forum after doing so in 10 degree weather . If your interested in seeing them, you could PM me for the info. I did this on a 61K dollar car that was 3 days old. so believe me, I trust my system.

I hear ya on that.

I use a rinseless (4 gallons of water) in the garage, after spraying down my DD at the car wash when it's salt film,dirt covered.

I use a waterless (32oz bottle) when there is just a little dust on the vehicle.

I have posted pictures on another forum when my DD is extremely covered in salt film.After my rinseless process,I took pictures (even sun shots) and showed NO induced marring or scratching.These were not 10 foot away camera shot's these were right up on the paint,with the sun reflection in the picture.

These products work well,just have to use the proper technique.

The bottom line is, there are a lot of spray waxes on the market, and they are very popular for a reason. I use several. Obviously there are "outspoken" people in this thread who don't like them. There are two very popular spray waxes/sealants that provide excellent results. I think Adam is bright enough to see this and understand there is a market for a spray wax in his product line, thus the testing. I am confident it will be a quality product and will most definitely try it, if and when it's available. In the mean time, I'll have to resort to using the competitor's offerings.

• 2 weeks later...
Buttery wax will apply is very hot weather, will it also apply in very cold without problem?

If you search my threads or in the detailers write up section you will see two details with snow on the ground in one and temps from 32 to 40 both days... I had no issues with any Adams products including buttery, however i did work in smaller areas at a time with the polishes then i would have normally. Buttery I used as normal its great

I would very much like if Adams introduce a no rinse wash, they are great as I recently discovered, & even better for a low pressure system like what I use.

Archived