Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Spray Wax?

Moz

while i understand the use and desire for a spray wax & am sure Adams would produce one top notch, I still think it would only shave a few mins of the actual "waxing app"..... (sorry 4 my buttery rant didn't mean to high jack thread.)

I mean honestly if you just need a touch up and want a lil extra protection... Adams buttery wax is a great option, 15mins top (i can do sedans & small trucks in 10) for app & maybe 5 to remove, if that. Literly the wait of the yer hand will do, no need to rub @all.

I kno I kno you die hard fans are like but it don't have a long enough durability compared to MSW or Americana or even a potential spray wax..... I have a answer for that but it goes against the speed factor lol....... two coats.

As far as durability of buttery..... well i applied two coats back in October just before Halloween to me DD, it has rained alot since then and still in December the water beads beautifully....... And no its not a garaged car :lolsmack:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:patriot:Did I mention I love carassing the finish of my car with Adams products. It's great in spring, summer and fall, but for winter we need something that will last in a salt environment for at least three months. Right now I'm using a garage.:lolsmack:No fun in the sun in Michigan in the winter.

Thats called Detail Spray :2thumbs:

no its not. lol

if spray wax is done properly like my favorite one of the market right now, it has durability of a polymer sealant.

you use it the same way you do as detail spray. when done washing the car, spray it on and dry panel by panel.

a product like this is great for all of the maintenance wash's inbetween your past or liquid wax application's.

• 1 month later...
spray wax that won't hurt trim or vinyl would rock fro quickie before a show. Nothing that requires taping off my stripes is quick

Exactly. My Roush has stripes all over. It's not fun to have to tape all the time when waxing and polishing. A spray wax that I could use after every wash to touch up a base coat of sealant that I apply once or twice a year would be perfect.

spray wax that won't hurt trim or vinyl would rock fro quickie before a show. Nothing that requires taping off my stripes is quick

Brilliant Glaze is your best bet before a show... :bow:

AND... it won't discolor matte stripes. Ryan and myself tested that pretty extensively on my brothers Camaro and BG actually put a nice look on the stripes.

IMO there's NO reason for a spray wax. Buttery is SO easy to apply and remove. It's not like you're going to SPRAY it on the car.

I just can't see the need for spray wax. Americana is basically apply and wipe off with amazing results. Then there is BG and buttery which are quick too, not to mention DS. Spray wax just seems like a waste of money to me.

All of what I was eluding to for not having a real need for it, without trying to say it so much.

I can't believe this is still an active thread :lolsmack:

I chimmed in at the beginning 3 months ago and the resent posts have been pretty much the same as they were then.

I still see no need for it ether. I probably wouldn't buy it and that's what Adam and staff are looking for. If people aren't going to buy it [because they already offer several other (better) solutions] then why make it?

Well i like the idea of a wax as you dry spraywax

I agree.

Everybody has there opinion and that's a good thing because it brings diversity to this forum.

Me personally,have many different spray waxes and many different nuba's (paste waxes).I use them all with a smile.;)

AND... it won't discolor matte stripes. Ryan and myself tested that pretty extensively on my brothers Camaro and BG actually put a nice look on the stripes.

The brilliant glaze does a great job on matte vinyl. It left them matte with a little sheen to them.. Great combo

I agree.

Everybody has there opinion and that's a good thing because it brings diversity to this forum.

Me personally,have many different spray waxes and many different nuba's (paste waxes).I use them all with a smile.;)

good stuff. I agree.

After using a product like O.P.T spray car wax, I am now totally sold on the idea.

For me, a product like this is necessary, because its impossible for me to wax my car over the winter in my garage when its 15 degree's F out. A waterless or rinse-less wash, and a spray wax are necessary for me. I refuse to not wash the road salt and snow off my car during winter month's.

I have attempted to use some liquid and paste products in this cold weather and its a serious issue. Tons of streaking, and major problems with spreading or removing the product.

I like the idea of Adams making a spray wax.

I can't believe this is still an active thread :lolsmack:

I chimmed in at the beginning 3 months ago and the resent posts have been pretty much the same as they were then.

I still see no need for it ether. I probably wouldn't buy it and that's what Adam and staff are looking for. If people aren't going to buy it [because they already offer several other (better) solutions] then why make it?

Who cares if you chimed in 3 months ago with your opinion.

Just because you dont see a need for it, or want to try it, doesn't mean this thread should be closed. You are a funny guy...

The reality is that you dont have the experience with a product like this. Because if you did you would realize that its a very beneficial product to use in many conditions. and If it is done correctly and could be used as a stand alone product, I disagree that there are better options already available from Adams. I'm confident that a spray wax from Adams would be very popular and 99% of the people on the site would give it a shot.

Honestly I wouldn't give it a try. I have used other brands of spray on wax and it doesnt cover evenly to me. It also tends to leave streak marks. As far as using it to substitute for a normal wax job or even a in between waxing I can say I wouldn't consider it. There's nothing like laying a wax down by hand to get the best shine. As as I said before I just haven't any good results with a product like this so therefore I wouldn't consider buying it. I believe someone said something about using it with drying? To me waxing and drying do not go hand and hand. If you want to use anything with drying I would use the DS. That's just my two cents..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived