Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand polishing question?

Black69

Question

In watching the videos that have been posted I noticed that the pads are not sprayed down with detail spray. Do they not need to be? Do you use the polish directly on a dry pad? Thanks in advance, Dave

8 answers to this question

Yo rich what direction do u use SHR and revive. Circles, straight lines, several directions? I got SHR, and revive in a kit for Xmas but haven't dived in yet. Just wondering because I am thinking of using them soon. My car is black also just worried about marring the paint up. Thanks in advance

You're going to use a lot more product with hand polishing on a much smaller applicator pad so its not as imperative... I personally prefer not to prime hand applicators. You can if you want, no real harm in doing it either way IMO.

Just a quick question on this, couldn't you use DS on the pad in between applications of product to "stretch" out the product that is already on the pad? This is a common technique with machine polishing and I would think you could do the same by hand? Just curious.

Just a quick question on this, couldn't you use DS on the pad in between applications of product to "stretch" out the product that is already on the pad? This is a common technique with machine polishing and I would think you could do the same by hand? Just curious.

My take would be you can, but since you don't build up the same heat without the machine, it is not necessary. Now if you are building up heat when hand polishing, then pics and/or a video are required! :D

Archived