Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone else going through detailing withdrawl?

dday

Question

This Winter just seems like it's never ender. I can't wait to give my car a proper hand wash but with temps in the 20's it's just not going to happen. Anyone else in the colder parts of the US itching for a warm weekend?

Also extra excited because my Adam's PC kit is arriving this week!

I'm looking forward to lots of sunny afternoons in the garage working on my paint soon. Not far away!!

See I always knew Dylan was speacial, he's the only person I know that has a sun in his garage!!!:lol:

last weekend I was a washing the Z with shorts and tanktop on....foam everywhere! it was 80' in Chapel Hill-Musclejunkie-move to the South!:hi:

Wow! I'm there "cookie puddins"! :thumbsup: Just the vision of this warms my cackles and chases away all the frigid negative vibes around here. Shorts, tanktops, foamy shiny cars.....I'm getting warmer by the minute. Thanks! I don't eat much or require much maintenance, nor does the detailing dog Connor. You wouldn't even know we were there. I can cook and do laundry too. When do you want us?:jester:

So. California or Scottsdale seem condusive to car detailing climates.

ME! Honest to God, I am seriously thinking of getting out of this hell hole of a state Michigan. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you it hasn't gone above 30 degrees for more than a day or two since November, and snow has covered the ground since then except for a two day reprise. I'm sick to death of living in a polar / artic environment. I like to wash and wax my car in shorts and t-shirts, not snowmobile suit. It totally sucks. I might open a tea shop in Philly and have acoustic guitar combo's for entertainment and bail from the union and state government employment with it's radio talk show hosts and "nerd" governor touting "lavish pay" and benefits, which far exceed that of a burger flipper at McDonalds or a Walmart greeter. EXCUSE ME!!! Washing and waxing my car is one of the few remaining fun things I have left and it is impossible to do so in this climate. I'm sick of high heating bills, paying a mortgage on a house that isn't worth it, sick of being cold and ill with bronchitis half the year, sick of snow and ice, a lousy paycheck which shrinks every year and frankly sick of bordering on depression for constantly fighting all this.:bow:

Sorry for the bummer basket, but you asked for it. Did you want fries with that?:willy:

So as a lot of you know my car is in the shop having quite a bit of damage repaired. I am this close to detailing the rental car.

And the weather is finally cooperating too. I get the car back next week and then I have to go to SoCal for a work trip, where I wil be craving the convertible I am sure. So Doug and Dylan, the weather better be nice or I am blaming you. :2thumbs:

Yep... That would be me... Its been nice the past two days but before that it rained for 4 days and now its supposed to rain Friday through Monday.

I just want to wash my truck.

I am starting to notice micro scratches on the doors from coats rubbing up against it and around the handles.

Starting to bother me.... Can't wait for it to warm up and to put the Adam's back in the garage.

Finally got to clean my truck this week but wasnt a full blown deal just a good wash followed by some brilliance. Hopefully when i get time the next feww weeks and get some details out of the way I can devote a full weekend to my truck

Joe

Here's how it's been going the last few weeks here.

During the week (when I'm at work) - 70's and sunny. Perfect weather for detailing my new truck.

On the weekends - 50's, rainy, cloudy, nasty.

My truck actually has road film on it.

:mad:

Steve

Chris just get in and ride the lift...

down

up

down

up

down

up

and so on, you get the idea!!:lolsmack:

Just be sure to pull the G8 outside first if you decide to do this :willy:

I can still detail in my garage, I just want to drive my GTO!:burnout:Maybe one more month!:xfingers:

Chris just get in and ride the lift...

down

up

down

up

down

up

and so on, you get the idea!!:lolsmack:

I did until last Sunday. I washed, polished, and put a coat of MSW on the wife's Accord. She was planting some stuff near the driveway and decided to be 'helpful' and rinse the pollen off my son's car. So now is his car is covered in water drops, baking in full sun at 85 degrees. Well AFTER I was done washing his car I noticed it was not beading very much, so out came the Americana.

So no, I am no longer going through withdrawl!

I live in Texas and I'm going through detailing withdraw. I think it's worse here tho because it's 70 outside right now and I'm stuck in class. Also between school and work I don't get a single day off to even dedicate to my car. Look's like I'm going to have to wait two more weeks for spring break and hopefully I'll be able to detail my car.

Archived