Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT on Wheel Wells: Have You?

WarshMe

Question

About to order some SVRT after all the great reviews about this...

but have any of you ever used this product in place of the undercarriage spray?

I'm just thinking that due to the water-repellent properties of the SVRT it might last a bit longer?

The one big plus about the Undercarriage Spray would be the "sprayability", for lack of a better term!

11 answers to this question

I'm just thinking that due to the water-repellent properties of the SVRT it might last a bit longer?

The one big plus about the Undercarriage Spray would be the "sprayability", for lack of a better term!

You got it you can spray the UCS! I would stick with it!:thumbsup:

Use the UCS for the wheel wells. UCS kind of stains the plastic so it does last some what longer. I usually do my truck with UCS every other week.

Plus UCS will last longer and be cheaper in the long run. It's half the price of SVRT and does a pretty awesome job.

Don't get me wrong SVRT is AMAZING!!!! But I wouldnt waste it on wheel wells.

SVRT can be diluted with water... throw a spray nozzle and you're good to go.

16oz SVRT $24.95 cut 50% with water= $12.48

16oz IUS $12.95

The SVRT looks awesome on the plastic inner fenders once leveled with an applicator sponge. For me they both seem the last equally as long. Only big difference between the two is those inner fenders should be clean before application of SVRT while the IUS can be sprayed right over any dirt.

16oz SVRT $24.95 cut 50% with water= $12.48

16oz IUS $12.95

The SVRT looks awesome on the plastic inner fenders once leveled with an applicator sponge. For me they both seem the last equally as long. Only big difference between the two is those inner fenders should be clean before application of SVRT while the IUS can be sprayed right over any dirt.

Spraying the UCS right over dirt?

:help:

That's merely a band-aid solution to dirty wheel wells.

Not even Adam's recommends that HERE on the product's description.

The UCS used in the wheel wells alone [without cleaning] is not going to give you the finish/appearence that an APC cleaned, dried and SVRT applied wheel well will.

I didn't recommend it, just a statement.

The UCS used in the wheel wells alone [without cleaning] is not going to give you the finish/appearence that an APC cleaned, dried and SVRT applied wheel well will.

Agree 100%, but:

You ever try spraying down your inner fenders with IUS while doing nothing more than spraying them out with water during your wash? If not you'd be surprised!

UCS is probably the most underrated Adams product... Upon first use I bought a gallon! Love this stuff

Me too!

Not sure where it is, but AJ has a post where he used Undercarriage Spray to clean up some of the underside (engine oil pan and trans) of his Vette. It is different animal from SVRT, and does have some cleaning properties.

Edit:

Search is my friend today! Here is a link to that post:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376&highlight=carriage

Archived