Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Blew out one of the brake lines in my Suburban. It was only a matter of time, with all the rust. Fortunately it happened in the driveway and not out on the road. I'm probably going to have to replace almost the entire brake system just to get rid of the rust.

Had the opportunity to provide my services in Laguna Beach in an area called "Top of the world" which is basically....

Heaven

3151826330_afcd87ecd3_b.jpg

I spent about 15hrs total today with my son correcting and restoring the exterior only on this fine 23 year old gem of a 911

1990 Porsche 911 Carrera C2 Cabriolet

20120803_114153.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_1005.jpg

DSC_0997.jpg

Never before professionally detailed to this level, this second owner has had it for 22 of its 23 years...

After the initial extensive correction stage, Adams FMP with the Flex w/gen 4 white pad followed by Americana made this classic 911 pop!

Tomorrow....more work at Innovative...:thumbsup:

Edited by Innovative Detailing

Dog rolled in buffalo crap at a national park. Thankfully it wasn't my car we took... That'll learn the fiancé to not park by the crap when there's a dog with us. Running the bath water right now. Diesel came to see what I was doing then took off running

Up at 6 on my day off. And out the door at 6:45. Picked up some lumber to rebuild the landing out the back door. Did some running around, picked some odds and ends. Rebuilt the landing. Had the carpets cleaned. Up early again tomorrow to put everything back together in the house before the boss comes home tomorrow. Hoping to get the all the windows washed too.

Worked most of the day, got all the joys of investigating an incident between the back of an aircraft and a lightpole. So much fun. Then went and talked to a used car dealership about trading my truck for a honda odyssey. Not sure if this is going to work out to be affordable.

Worked most of the day, got all the joys of investigating an incident between the back of an aircraft and a lightpole. So much fun. Then went and talked to a used car dealership about trading my truck for a honda odyssey. Not sure if this is going to work out to be affordable.

soccer mom! haha

soccer mom! haha

Something I guess, the Wife isn't too thrilled about scooting around in one, but when even a 6 banger has an eco mode where 3 of the cylinders are off at cruising speeds to save even more fuel, I'm all about it.

Something I guess, the Wife isn't too thrilled about scooting around in one, but when even a 6 banger has an eco mode where 3 of the cylinders are off at cruising speeds to save even more fuel, I'm all about it.

Good luck with the van hunting.

When the twins came I drew the line at having a boo boo van. Four door sedan, heck even a wagon, but no boo boo van. As for the mileage aspect I have been toying with the idea of selling the G8 and replacing it with a VW Passat TDI. The idea of halving my fuel bill appeals to me. If I need a horsepower boost I can always take the wife's TBSS.

Good luck with the van hunting.

When the twins came I drew the line at having a boo boo van. Four door sedan, heck even a wagon, but no boo boo van. As for the mileage aspect I have been toying with the idea of selling the G8 and replacing it with a VW Passat TDI. The idea of halving my fuel bill appeals to me. If I need a horsepower boost I can always take the wife's TBSS.

The problem we keep running into is that we owe too much on the truck, 25k. Because it's a gas guzzling V-8 they have problems selling them, so every dealer we look at is only willing to trade at 18.5k to 19.5k, leaving us with a giant amount to overfinance. Doesn't help that we had to use our savings over the last couple of years on moves and having a newborn. No big deal though, we'll get something better figured out.

The problem we keep running into is that we owe too much on the truck, 25k. Because it's a gas guzzling V-8 they have problems selling them, so every dealer we look at is only willing to trade at 18.5k to 19.5k, leaving us with a giant amount to overfinance. Doesn't help that we had to use our savings over the last couple of years on moves and having a newborn. No big deal though, we'll get something better figured out.

Have you tried selling it on your own? Throw a For Sale sign in the window and see what you get. You may get lucky.

The problem we keep running into is that we owe too much on the truck, 25k. Because it's a gas guzzling V-8 they have problems selling them, so every dealer we look at is only willing to trade at 18.5k to 19.5k, leaving us with a giant amount to overfinance.

That's dealer BS, they are still selling a ton of V-8 trucks and it's the excuse we heard when we starting looking to trade our 02 V-8 Explorer. We ended up trading at our local dealer and it only sat on the lot a few weeks before it moved, and it had 90K miles on it. They use the V-8 gas mileage as an excuse to reduce their offer. Remember, car sales people have no souls so you can make a ridiculously low offer, they won't be offended, and if they know you can really purchase another vehicle, you can pretty much say anything to them...once they know you are a real buyer, they turn into whores to get your money. My wife played that game when we bought the SHO, she kept saying no, you can't get it. But when they found out we could afford it, they increased their offer on my truck, lowered the price on the SHO, and agreed to add an additional key fob (which retails over $150.00), and finally even called the bank to OK giving us a lower rate if we financed part of the purchase.

Have you tried selling it on your own? Throw a For Sale sign in the window and see what you get. You may get lucky.

That's dealer BS, they are still selling a ton of V-8 trucks and it's the excuse we heard when we starting looking to trade our 02 V-8 Explorer. We ended up trading at our local dealer and it only sat on the lot a few weeks before it moved, and it had 90K miles on it. They use the V-8 gas mileage as an excuse to reduce their offer. Remember, car sales people have no souls so you can make a ridiculously low offer, they won't be offended, and if they know you can really purchase another vehicle, you can pretty much say anything to them...once they know you are a real buyer, they turn into whores to get your money. My wife played that game when we bought the SHO, she kept saying no, you can't get it. But when they found out we could afford it, they increased their offer on my truck, lowered the price on the SHO, and agreed to add an additional key fob (which retails over $150.00), and finally even called the bank to OK giving us a lower rate if we financed part of the purchase.

We've been to multiple dealerships in our area since May, and all of them give me the same bogus story about it being a V-8, gas prices, all the same stuff. I've got it on craigslist and I have a sign on it, I think the problem I have now is that not everyone is looking for the same additions i've done to it. The wife on the other hand wants me to keep it because she loves the thing, she just won't drive it. So I think the game plan got changed on me last night and it's now trading her car for something roomier...and she still refuses to be a mini van mom.

Yesterday though, worked a few hours or so in the afternoon, came home to a good dinner. Today, I get to go back to work for hopefully not too long of a day.

i drove to Houston again this weekend for a wedding shower. :help:

while there i helped my little bro black out his tail lights and 3rd brake light.

the wife and i swapped cars, because in 3 weeks when she moves back, she'll need the bed space to carry her luggage.

her car hasn't been washed in 3 months, since i moved to Midland. and i am extremely impressed at the lack of grime on the paint. especially how well she kept the interior clean!

i got a clip of glass sealant in action on the way back to Midland. i applied 2 coats of it about 5 months ago and it is still holding up surprisingly well for a daily driver in Houston's weather!