Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

^Dave: Congratulations! ^

Crackhead weatherman gets it wrong again. No snow in forecast so of course I wake up to an inch or so of the white fluffy stuff. Guess I shouldn't have teased Megan above. At least I can now do donuts in the cul de sac.

:) that'll learn ya LOL!

All right Megan, enough with the snow curse! :D We've had measurable snow every day since Saturday. My sport red G8 is turning silver. :(

This Friday or Saturday night we have a date with two buckets & grit gards at the local spray it yourself place. :rockon:

Lol! My sport red G8 is a grey, brown, white, has a date with Adams Tom :)

All right Megan, enough with the snow curse! :D We've had measurable snow every day since Saturday. My sport red G8 is turning silver. :(

This Friday or Saturday night we have a date with two buckets & grit gards at the local spray it yourself place. :rockon:

I feel your pain. I finally was able to get a good 2 bucket wash done on Sunday. Then about 8pm I wondered out to the garage, did a clay bar. That thing was nasty from all the plow blade fall out. Then did some Swirl and Haze, Revive, some quick sealant and a coat of Americana. Should hold me over till spring. Did it all by hand. Wasn't looking for perfection. After all that white junk is still going to fall.

6440285E-E2CA-415F-9C25-62DDF80F0F4C-911-0000004AEA7E1318_zps8386639a.jpg

She's clean!!! Played disc with diesel where he did a superman leap to catch his frisbee lol

8BC7D684-3E3F-4104-B819-F3FBB8A58934-1163-000000603A563B6D_zpsc0f6245f.jpg

The big marks on the left side is where he jumped from the snow was kinda deep there lol! Off to meet with mortgage broker in an hr :) seeing about getting my baby a garage!

^I'm so flippin' jealous of that clean G8. I have too many things on my plate at the moment so the car wash can wait a few more days. I went to the office this AM, fueled up on the way home then signed up @fuelly.com with the same screen name as here.

Taped up my wheels and brought them in to Firestone to have some new tires mounted up. Potenza S-04 Pole Positions. Look nice!

egu4e2yp.jpg

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Gutted most of my Kitchen. Im leaving the sink for a little longer because my new cabinets wont be in for a couple weeks so im minimizing how long I have without a sink. I have set up a makeshift kitchen in my living room.

Before:

IMG_2491_zpsa110d61d.jpg

IMG_2493_zpsbf48b1ff.jpg

After:

IMG_2497_zps25ec84f5.jpg

IMG_2498_zps81cc5659.jpg

IMG_2499_zps939b7287.jpg

Next up: Switching from fuses to breakers (electrician will be out Tuesday), Rip up flooring, move plumbing, build a closet for the washer and dryer, Insulate, install new drywall and trim, new flooring, new cabinets and counter tops. Then I should be done with my Kitchen. Just a couple more weeks.

Not having the best news in terms of people's health this week; the husbands moms kidney is failing so she's going on dialysis and she told me she won't be here long without a transplant. My Granada has been having quite a few doctors appointments about her heart. My dad is going for a scan Tom to look at his lungs it's either cancer or something from having phenomia as a child and adult. Boo! For crappy news

daniel, quite the project to undertake! I helped my dad do ours when I was younger. Did pretty much the same thing, gutted, redid wiring and then waited on the new cabinets to show. We pulled the sink, and then re-installed it via a 2x4 makeshift base so we could still do all the other work around it. They also bought a Gas grill and mom attempted to make everything on that. She just had no patience for grilling though. Good luck on your project!

Well we did get good news. My husbands work is sending him to get his picker operator ticket. 6 weeks in school. He will be paid, his schooling will be paid. This is what he works on right now, he does have his apprenticeship already so he has quite a bit of experience 9C2A241D-2793-42C3-B6CD-C63B84323659-1010-000000F1DEE8C5E6_zps4181d92b.jpg

That looks like a fun project, Daniel. By looking at that wiring it looks like it was done in the 50's. Just guessing. Did the exact same thing to my moms house over the course of a few years. Did the kitchen, and have rewired about two thirds of the house. Have to find some time to go finish, but haven't as of yet. Bumped her incoming power from 60 amp up to 125 amps. She didn't have fuses, but she had this crappy, fire hazard setup. The Federal Pacific Electric FPE Stab-Lok® Panel Circuit Breaker Hazard, Repairs, Electrical Panel Replacement Electricians Directory for Stab-Lok® Repairs Anytime you tried to turn off a circuit the breaker would arc in the box. They were called stab-lok circuit breakers. Had no main shut off. And mom was nervous watching me work with live wires...lol. Really isn't that bad, just have to pay attention. Good luck with that project. You will have to post up some pics when your all done. Also make sure that whomever is doing your electrical work for you that they have it inspected.

For me, the last 2 days, and this next week are going to be spent painting. Painting the kitchen, living room, entry, and hallway.

Edited by LFairbanks

daniel, quite the project to undertake! I helped my dad do ours when I was younger. Did pretty much the same thing, gutted, redid wiring and then waited on the new cabinets to show. We pulled the sink, and then re-installed it via a 2x4 makeshift base so we could still do all the other work around it. They also bought a Gas grill and mom attempted to make everything on that. She just had no patience for grilling though. Good luck on your project!

Yeah its going to be fun living in this mess. Right now the Fridge is in living room along with a pantry cabinet full of food. We have turned a table into a makeshift kitchen with a microwave and a hot plate for cooking. Im going to try to get as much done as I can before I have to rip out the counter and sink at the last minute. Another issues is once we have the cabinets installed, it will be about a week before the countertops are in, So i might have to make a makeshift one.

That looks like a fun project, Daniel. By looking at that wiring it looks like it was done in the 50's. Just guessing. Did the exact same thing to my moms house over the course of a few years. Did the kitchen, and have rewired about two thirds of the house. Have to find some time to go finish, but haven't as of yet. Bumped her incoming power from 60 amp up to 125 amps. She didn't have fuses, but she had this crappy, fire hazard setup. The Federal Pacific Electric FPE Stab-Lok® Panel Circuit Breaker Hazard, Repairs, Electrical Panel Replacement Electricians Directory for Stab-Lok® Repairs Anytime you tried to turn off a circuit the breaker would arc in the box. They were called stab-lok circuit breakers. Had no main shut off. And mom was nervous watching me work with live wires...lol. Really isn't that bad, just have to pay attention. Good luck with that project. You will have to post up some pics when your all done. Also make sure that whomever is doing your electrical work for you that they have it inspected.

For me, the last 2 days, and this next week are going to be spent painting. Painting the kitchen, living room, entry, and hallway.

The house was built in 1939, Im assuming most of that wiring was from 39, but there is some new wiring my Grandpa did (he use to own it and has since 1962). We are upgrading to a 200 amp service (50 right now), which i way more than needed, but it was only a little more $ than a 100 amp service. We keep poping fuses all the time because most of the house it hooked to just one fuse, which is going to be fixed.

I was going to do all of the switch over myself along with some help from my father and father-in-law, but decided that it would be easier to pay an electrician so he can coordinate all the permiting, inspections, and having the power tuned off and back on.

Daniel you have your hands full with a Kitchen remodel. My father and I did ours and it was not fun without a stove and sink. I was glad when everything got reinstalled and could actually use it.

Yeah this is just the start. After the kitchen is done Im going to re-side the entire house. I have to remove all of the crappy Cement/Asbestos siding which is a fun little project, then we have new flooring I need to put in the entire house, then the bathroom is up next. Once everything is done I hope to sell it for a decent profit and move to the next place.

Edited by Diggerdan11