Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

The boy came home for Spring Break, so I worked on my Subi (that's he's driving).  I ran out of time, so I still need to do some stuff, but it looks SO much better.  When I did the wheel wells it looked like a pound of mud came out.  :huh:  Did the DWC, APC on the wells and tires, vacuumed the interior, cleaned the engine compartment (complete with In n Out), foamed, 2-bucket, DS and Metro-Vac dry, SVRT on tires, wiper "tray" & other plastics.

Still need to clean the interior, the upholstery, the carpets, door sills & mats.

Excellent Adan!  I will work on my son's car when he comes home from school too, but I DO NOT touch the interior!  He has to clean it out a little first - I feel sorry for his girlfriend!

Edited by mc2hill

Well a little off topic sort of but " I HAD TO SHOVEL MORE SNOW " !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Five inches this morning. :mad: :mad: :mad:
That's what I did today. Plus a regular work day.

i am tired of winter. Let's get this warmer weather here so I can get my truck detailed. I don't have a garage.

Sorry, had to vent....

Spent the last few days with some Adam's Forums members!  Sorry I missed meeting you Z06Seal!

DaytonaJae, Sizzle Chest. Audi X2, & MC2HILL

IMG_1756_zps3a7e2630.jpg

Yes!  We had an absolutely epic weekend with everyone!  Fun times all!

Edited by Sizzle Chest

Before he left this morning I did the interior with L&I Cleaner, C&U cleaner on the seats, did the glass, used Leather Conditioner on the pleather.

.....I also tried to buff out the nasty, intentional key-scratch someone did to the car last night while it was parked.  I used the Orange/White pad combo to little effect -- it's going to need repainting.  I machine sealed it when I was done.  People suck!

Drove with the windows down!!! It was a bit chilly but nothing the heater couldn't overcome. I had to smell some clean fresh spring air, even if it was just 60*F. Tomorrow will only be in the 40's but all three vehicles will get a wash. The G8 may get garaged since I'll probably clay and re-wax. I believe when I reheated my Americana last year I may have altered the chemistry...beading is not like it should be. Oh well Quik Sealant will do the trick. Quite nicely I might add.

Washed the truck, took a couple of hours.........interior, exterior. Cleaned the undercarriage of all the salt. It is supposed to possibly snow again on Tuesday, but I couldn't take it anymore. Plus I enjoy it so much and it was a beautiful day.............

Washed the G8 but did not clay. I slapped on a coat of a competitors wax to hold me over until spring cleaning and polish. I did not like what was showing under that led headlamp...yikes!!!

Edited by Captain Slow

Got half way around a 67 Mustang conv. I am detailing today and we lost power in the neighboorhood !!!!! So much for using the PC. Here's step one pics, going to need a 3 step paint correction on this stang.Some real deep scratches in the clearcoat that are not going to come out. Been repainted many years ago and the painter had some issues in some areas of the car that he should have taken care of. Getting there though, when the power kicks back on !!!! 

post-10998-0-56288700-1395538570_thumb.jpg

post-10998-0-60738000-1395538578_thumb.jpg

post-10998-0-46048200-1395538586_thumb.jpg

post-10998-0-06563800-1395538593_thumb.jpg

post-10998-0-32134700-1395538597_thumb.jpg

post-10998-0-13954100-1395538602_thumb.jpg

Folded my MF towels at the beginning of the movie Brave which the family was watching. As soon as I was done my eldest twin pulled my arm around her and spent the majority of the movie curled up on her Papa. Good Lord above I love being a Papa! :wub::rockon:

Edited by Captain Slow

I washed the TBSS put her in the garage and clayed, clayed, clayed. Chicago expressways in winter make paint very messy. All the glass got clayed as well. I put Glass Sealant on all glass and when it warms up shortly  the silver beast is getting two coats of Quick Sealant. The interior will get vacuumed out by my wife. I gave her a good head start by taking all the mats out for cleaning and I took the carpet brush to the salt stains on the driver's side carpet. Of course the tires and trim will get SVRT while we're at it. Under the hood will get cleaned later in the spring when I give her a full paint correction.

Now if I'm not too tired this afternoon the booboo van will get a wash as well. The G8 is looking fine, just a little dusty.

Atleast your wife helps you, Paul.  I just get told, "my car needs to be cleaned".  Did find that the master blaster makes short work of vacuuming out the truck after the boss took 4 dogs to the groomers.  Crappy weather again today so no car washing.  And after she saw that the groomers where using a master blaster it got more approval from the boss.

post-706-0-29447300-1396194505_thumb.jpg

Edited by LFairbanks

Atleast your wife helps you, Paul.  I just get told, "my car needs to be cleaned".  Did find that the master blaster makes short work of vacuuming out the truck after the boss took 4 dogs to the groomers.  Crappy weather again today so no car washing.  And after she saw that the groomers where using a master blaster it got more approval from the boss.

attachicon.gif032714184601.jpg

1:15 PM and still waiting to hear the vacuum! ;) The TBSS is back in the garage after I heard the neighbor shaking a rattle can...yikes!

Assembled and hung a new fan outdoors on our porch. This baby cost a fortune, but it's got a TON of power for high CFMs! YAY!

Wife brought in our sick 15 month old. Poor guy has a double ear infection! First one for either of our boys. I had them like crazy as a kid. He's a HOT MESS!

post-19-0-81887300-1396210766_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-50002700-1396210945_thumb.jpg

^ Aaahhhh yes, bilteral otitis media.  I was the kid in our family that had them ALL the time. Now my Abigail has taken where I left off. As an adult they've been few and far between but I did have a long lasting case of eustachian tube dysfunction that lasted nearly a year.

Almost forgot why I came on here. The lovely Mrs. was too busy with mom stuff so I did an interior detail that knocked her socks off. We then learned that a garage queen needs a trickle charger. I had all the doors open and all the interior lights on plus the radio for a few hours. When I went to back it out for pictures, nada. Luckily the neighbor has lent us his charger so I didn't have to break the jumper cables out.

Posted pics: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/22023-what-did-you-wash-shine-and-or-polish-today/?p=413774

Edited by Captain Slow