Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Paul, make sure you stock up on your bacon.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/57792433-79/pigs-pork-percent-nation.html.csp

Wonder how long the mowing of the lawn by your wife will last.....lol

Whenever we see bacon on sale we load up the downstairs freezer.  The wife has been cutting the grass since we've been together, it's her Zen. 

As to the OP: I watched it rain on my freshly washed and waxed vehicles. I did one each day this past weekend. I also went bass fishing each day for a total of 9 hours fishing which resulted in 67 caught and released. Finally we had to cut down our ash tree. It got hit by emerald ash borer and didn't survive the winter.

Edited by Captain Slow

• 2 weeks later...

Fished at lunchtime, 4 largemouth on small plastics. I've been fishing either at sunrise for a couple hours or at lunchtime for 45 minutes to an hour. Closing in on 300 for the young season.

Vehicles have had occasional baths but are looking great. We lost an ash tree to emerald ash borer, now no more driveway shade.  :angry:

Finally, 16 years ago today the most beautiful woman I have ever known walked down the aisle and became my wife. What she sees in me is a mystery to all but her so I treat her like a princess and thank God for her everyday. 

Edited by Captain Slow

Been awhile since I have posted, grad school getting the best of me.  Got some new shoes for the truck, decided to go with the Cooper Discoverer AT3, proudly Made in the USA.  Ended up getting a taller tire, same width.  They look so good on the truck compared to the highway tire that came on my Tacoma.

Then took the opportunity to put a good coat of Adam's Paint Sealant on it and get it cleaned up.  Ran out of VRT on the third tire so I had to result to Undercarriage Dressing as it was the only thing I had on me.  Little too shinny, for my liking, but then again that's not the product's intended purpose.  Can't wait to try the new Tire Dressing, new tires is a good excuse to pick some up.

E4D8495B-74FA-42DD-8150-2D0058054D6F_zps

95B9CBDA-893B-4620-8AC7-76633B29C603_zps

05441B99-E464-4D11-8614-DBA8E0F906DF_zps

947592C3-38FD-46B2-ACCA-5A9A9927AF54_zps

882E90A4-D260-4ED2-A3F9-0412CD53BF35_zps

4ABD5863-EAC5-490D-9095-3FB0224BF92F_zps

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!

I drove the Chevelle for the first time this year. I wanted to get it out before our local car show next week. I burned an entire tank of fuel driving her around the back roads of Southern Oregon. It was a great day until I got back into town and it began to run very bad. It died a couple times and when I tried to accelerate from a stop nothing would happen then all of the sudden bam I would have power. Looks like I'm going to have a long weekend trying to figure out what is wrong with her before next weekend.

I've been on vacation this past week trying to pack in as much fishing, playing with the twins, working in the garage, scrubbing/sealing the deck, yard work and turning 50 as I can before I return to the office on Monday. I'm looking forward to relaxing at my desk!

This weekend I went up to Pittsburgh for a wedding and to see some family.  Made preparations for a shoulder reconstruction I am having on Friday.  Coke, saltines, and soup ready to go.  I am only 27 and this is the fourth operation I will have had on the same shoulder.  Hopefully, given that its a reconstruction, this is the last for awhile, had one each of the last three years.  That means no detailing for a couple months, AHHH!!!!!  Also trying to get all my summer grad school work in this week so I can have a restful few weeks.

Washed all 3 vehicles today.  2 in the morning and the truck in the evening.  Mowed the front and back yard.  Pulled some weeds.  Rotated the tires and changed the oil in the truck.  I hate diesel oil.  Went much better this time after purchasing a new pan to catch the oil.  Last time it was a mess.  Pans that I had where too shallow and 10 quarts of oil shooting out hit the bottom and sides and bounced out all over my driveway.  This pan fixed that issue.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Drip-Pan/_/R-BK_8218015_0361122178

Washed all 3 vehicles today. 2 in the morning and the truck in the evening. Mowed the front and back yard. Pulled some weeds. Rotated the tires and changed the oil in the truck. I hate diesel oil. Went much better this time after purchasing a new pan to catch the oil. Last time it was a mess. Pans that I had where too shallow and 10 quarts of oil shooting out hit the bottom and sides and bounced out all over my driveway. This pan fixed that issue.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Drip-Pan/_/R-BK_8218015_0361122178

I've got 4 of these pans, very solid build for the price.

My wife and I were laying in bed winding down the day when the tornado sirens went off. Had to grab two sleeping 6 year olds and carry them down two flights of stairs to the basement. Ten minutes after the sirens stopped we got to carry them back up. 

My wife and I were laying in bed winding down the day when the tornado sirens went off. Had to grab two sleeping 6 year olds and carry them down two flights of stairs to the basement. Ten minutes after the sirens stopped we got to carry them back up. wE

I was at work when all that fun blew through.

I got a call from my wife telling me there was blond hair coming out of her TBSS's exhaust pipe. She was PO'd thinking someone jammed hair extensions in there. (I've heard of bananas but wigs?!?!?) I told her it was fiberglass and don't worry about it. She went to the body shop behind her office and talked to the mechanic who repeated what I told her. He also offered to buy it off of her for $7,000.00. I told her to tell him $12,000.00 cash. She's still driving it so I guess he didn't like our counteroffer.

BTW: Her TBSS is now called Rapunzel...  :glasses: and it sounds better

Edited by Captain Slow

I got a call from my wife telling me there was blond hair coming out of her TBSS's exhaust pipe. She was PO'd thinking someone jammed hair extensions in there. (I've heard of bananas but wigs?!?!?) I told her it was fiberglass and don't worry about it. She went to the body shop behind her office and talked to the mechanic who repeated what I told her. He also offered to buy it off of her for $7,000.00. I told her to tell him $12,000.00 cash. She's still driving it so I guess he didn't like our counteroffer.

BTW: Her TBSS is now called Rapunzel... :glasses: and it sounds better

You can't anger the people of the weave

These showed up on my doorstep today.  Going to wait a while to install however.  Wanting to put this leveling kit on just before I do it.  And might as well run the stock trash down.

http://www.readylift.com/products/chevy/chevy-silverado-2500/leveling-kits/chevy-silverado-2500-2011-up-2wd-4wd-8-lug-2-25/2011-up-gm-2500-3500-hd-leveling-kit-2011-up-gm-2500-3500-hd-leveling-kit.html

post-706-0-82285000-1404948163_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-02973900-1404948313_thumb.jpg

I hate diesel oil.  Went much better this time after purchasing a new pan to catch the oil.  Last time it was a mess.  Pans that I had where too shallow and 10 quarts of oil shooting out hit the bottom and sides and bounced out all over my driveway.  This pan fixed that issue.

Chris.....take it in.....my truck is also a diesel and it goes to Valvoline Oil Change to get done. 

Looks like you had a nice package from Tire Rack and delivered by UPS. :)  I do like that pattern.

Also researching what kind of TV I want to purchase to replace my TV that is now not working (20 years).  I am not sure I got my moneys worth out of it.

Edited by DieselDude

Chris.....take it in.....my truck is also a diesel and it goes to Valvoline Oil Change to get done. 

Looks like you had a nice package from Tire Rack and delivered by UPS. :)  I do like that pattern.

Also researching what kind of TV I want to purchase to replace my TV that is now not working (20 years).  I am not sure I got my moneys worth out of it.

I don't mind doing it.  Diesel oil is just nasty.  Stains everything it comes in contact with.  I really don't trust anybody to even change my oil, with the exception of one guy at the dealership.  And I can do it fairly cheap.

$80 Rebate right now is what twisted my arm to jump now as opposed to later.  Tires were actually delivered by OnTrac.  Nice to know they can fudge their delivery times and sign for stuff that I didn't sign for and change my last name. Guy just asked me my last name and I told him.  And tracking shows they were signed for by someone with a different last name than mine.  As I was putting them away I noticed they were tagged signature required.  Funny how when I track them it shows out for delivery at 12:59 with a 1:30 commit time.  Then below that it shows delivered at 12:57.  When in fact I got them more like 1:57. 

Samsung makes some nice T.V.'s.  I used to be a Sony TV guy, but the wife hated the sound.  This was before flat screens.  Those died and we now have 3 Samsung's and they seem to perform well.

Edited by LFairbanks

I change the oil in everything else (my suv, my parents vehicles, all the tractors, lawnmowers, etc).   One reason I do it myself (fairly cheap) the only bad part is the price of the oil.  

That is what I am reading and hearing from a few buddies is to go with Samsung.    I have a Sony Bravia in the family room and up until now have been a Sony or Magnavox person.

• 1 month later...

I cleaned the interior of the G8 with Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner. I then wiped it down with Meg's ultimate and did the same to the wife's TBSS. The leather seats in the G8 got 2 juicy coats of Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner and slurped it up but ohhhhh are they soft now! Nothing like sun warmed leather... ^_^ 

Pulled the transmission out of my miata and cleaned the sludge out of it (and on it) with Adam's APC and Deep Wheel Cleaner.  Installed a new flywheel and working on getting the new clutch and seals installed all the rest of this week.  Then a new exhaust will be installed once the trans is back in the car this next weekend.