Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Took the G8 in for emissions test and passed, then went across the street to have the tires rotated and check on a vibration I've felt in the steering wheel at high speed, 65+ mph. I was told at 1 PM they would have me on my way by 5 or so. No thanks! I went home and did it myself. The vibration turned out to be a loose lugnut courtesy of the same store. Retaught the TPMS and took it for a ride. No more vibration, yay me!

The red G8 is still pink...

Edited by Captain Slow

Took the G8 in for emissions test and passed, then went across the street to have the tires rotated and check on a vibration I've felt in the steering wheel at high speed, 65+ mph. I was told at 1 PM they would have me on my way by 5 or so. No thanks! I went home and did it myself. The vibration turned out to be a loose lugnut courtesy of the same store. Retaught the TPMS and took it for a ride. No more vibration, yay me!

The red G8 is still pink...

Another reason why I don't like to let anyone work on my vehicles.  Something as simple as an oil change people seem to screw up, even the dealership.

Going to get ready to start my new position at work.  I received a promotion and going to another department (but staying with the same company).  Feels like I am leaving since have to move offices (pack up and then unpack).

Pics Dude!

Nothing like the pride of having a shiney ride!

I am going to try to wash it today and take care of this salt from this week.  If not I can post how nice and shinny it looks :)

Started timing belt on my wife's car at 1700.  Come apart and put the water pump back in in about 2 hours.  Got tired and decided to wrap it up in the morning.  Favorite part is trying to get the belt and all the marks with the correct number of teeth to all line up.  

Last weekend we had almost two feet of snow on the ground. One week of sun and 50+ weather took away all snow but the biggest piles. Neighbors invited us over for bags, beers and BBQ.

168FD66B-07C0-423E-B906-3C40E0B04F60_zpsMy wife and neighbor talking while Jack waits for food spillage.

Today the Booboo van gets cleaned inside and out.

Finished wrapping my timing belt project up.  Thermostat was the biggest pain.  Always has to be one bolt that is next to impossible to get to.  And a hose that branches off the bottom that didn't want to come off.  Had to make my own tool to put the dampener pulley back on.  The kit I have didn't work.  The one I rented didn't work.  Went to Home Depot and found the right bolt threaded all the way to the top and long enough.  Stacked some washers and got a nut and it worked.  IMO domestic cars are harder to work on than foreign.  

No basement today.  Taking some time away from it indefinitely.  Burned out and wanted some time to myself.  Changed the oil in truck and changed the fuel filter.  Hate diesel oil and fuel.  Just a tip if you have to deal with those stupid plastic push pins this is the tool to get.  I have another tool for the purpose, but this one works well.  Used it to remove wheel well liner to access fuel filter.

Oh, and changed the oil, spark plug, and air filter on the lawn mower and mowed the lawn.  C'mon Spring.

Edited by LFairbanks

1. Foam gun 

2. 2 bucket like a BOSS

3. Air force Blasted Dry 

3. Hit what I missed with waterless wash - not the boss I thought I was.

4. SVRT all trim and tires 

I got out of shape this winter man ... I am wiped out!

I may hit the interior later tonight or tomorrow.

Brew time.

Happy spring y'all !

Started the day off early washing one car and listening to Casey Kasem.  Did some honey do's through out the day, then washed the other two later in the day.  But listening to the radio this morning brought back a lot of memories when times were simpler.  After I finished had to get on Youtube and listen to Al Stewart, Todd Rundgren, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan, Exile, Phoebe Snow, etc.  Those were the days.  Funny to read some of the comments from others that grew up in that era too.

Started the day off early washing one car and listening to Casey Kasem. Did some honey do's through out the day, then washed the other two later in the day. But listening to the radio this morning brought back a lot of memories when times were simpler. After I finished had to get on Youtube and listen to Al Stewart, Todd Rundgren, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan, Exile, Phoebe Snow, etc. Those were the days. Funny to read some of the comments from others that grew up in that era too.

I was listening to Casey too at work running a D10 Dozer......

After I finished had to get on Youtube and listen to Al Stewart, Todd Rundgren, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan, Exile, Phoebe Snow, etc.  Those were the days. Funny to read some of the comments from others that grew up in that era too.

Who are they? 

Well over the weekend let's see...

saturday I went to the autogeek detail fest. It was nice, but very hot. I didn't buy anything, but got a small sampler size of 303 which I love to use on the inside. I was going to get the nanoskin thing, but I skipped out on it. It was also wife's baby shower which I took no part of except carry the gifts

Sunday was time spent with the wife. Running errands most of day. Maternity pictures at the end of the day. 

Monday I did a full on detail of the infiniti we have. About 8 hours. Wash, decon, clay, 1 step finishing polish, liquid paint sealant. Detailed the inside next day

post-3664-0-48049600-1427398292_thumb.jpgpost-3664-0-93060000-1427398293_thumb.jpgpost-3664-0-84420700-1427398294_thumb.jpgpost-3664-0-73338900-1427398295_thumb.jpgpost-3664-0-79536500-1427398296_thumb.jpgpost-3664-0-79346500-1427398297_thumb.jpgpost-3664-0-79346500-1427398297_thumb.jpgpost-3664-0-86620400-1427398298_thumb.jpg

Tuesday Waterless wash the Corvette, then put on a coat of glaze because I can :) I think the buttery wax is still on there. It'll last me 2 months or so I think

I then took some 'money' shots with it.

post-3664-0-76699200-1427398248_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-86853100-1427398249_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-57834600-1427398250_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-38908200-1427398251_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-09765500-1427398252_thumb.jpg

I need to clean the volt now. Having 3 cars is too many. I keep cleaning them in rotation on my days off LOL. 

I rinsed the salt off the G8 at lunch. After I got home I Adam's Rinseless Washed her. Found some new 'damage' to the finish. I had a snow shovel fall against right rear door. I didn't see any issues then, but with daylight coming in the garage window plus the new lights, it really highlighted a scuff. On the spoiler is an area of marring about three inches long. No idea what caused that but all will be fixed next warm day.

BTW: Quick Sealant still doing it's job. That stuff is pure wizardry! Two coats last fall with a layer of Americana a month later and I survived Chicago winter with mucho beading still going on!

Tell me again why I should get the Liquid Paint Sealant...

• 2 weeks later...

Had the truck lifted with a 2" leveling kit.  I also had new shoes installed, General Grabber AT2s.  Last year I had Cooper Discoverer AT3's installed and they were ok at best, these new tires are awesome.

Had a chance to do a quick RW afterwards before getting back to grad school work.  I am in love with the new tire shine, had to apply another coat after this picture for a bit more gloss.

IMG_0010_zpsvnse23yv.jpg

IMG_0011_zpskkd4ngzk.jpg

IMG_0009_zpskvaow4q3.jpg

How it sat before...

tacoma2_zpsnldoeyhr.jpg

Edited by chas

Your wife finally twisted your arm a little harder?  End up with the SS?

Nope, went in a completely different direction. Pics to follow after it gets it's first wash, clay and seal on Saturday. Twins in private school meant the SS would have been a big stretch on the budget.

Nope, went in a completely different direction. Pics to follow after it gets it's first wash, clay and seal on Saturday. Twins in private school meant the SS would have been a big stretch on the budget.

What did you end up with?