Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Took my truck into the body shop today to have it fixed under warranty by GM.  1K to repair.  Anymore they seem to build them fast and cheap.  And cost an arm and a leg.

Ouch!!  I think I will keep my 15 year old truck!

Been doing some paint correction because somebody decided to drag an empty cardboard box across my trunk.  :mad: you can say I was a little @#$%^&* Peed! 

I just cannot do the trunk ..I need to detail/polish the whole car now!   :explode:

Hey Chris, yeah I love the 4Runner so far.  The Tacoma was having some driveline issues that neither I, nor Toyota could accurately diagnose/cure.  I explained I was interested in a 4Runner and they made me a good deal.  

Took my truck into the body shop today to have it fixed under warranty by GM.  1K to repair.  Anymore they seem to build them fast and cheap.  And cost an arm and a leg.

Well the truck was suppose to be back today, and it didn't happen.  Tuesday or Wednesday of this coming week.  Needless to say the wife wasn't too happy with the issues that we have had to deal with at this dealership body shop.  Paint work has always been perfect.  Timeline and taking it back have been a repetitive issue.  Because they weren't done they gave us a Dog, I mean Dodge (diesel), until ours is done. 15k on the clock, check engine light on and some service air filter warning keeps beeping.  Notified rental place of issue and was told it was fine.  Found that ducting from air box to engine was collapsed.  Straightened out hoping that warnings would fix themselves.  No such luck yet.   

Mom came by with her new 2016 Corolla, me likey!  Tonight my wife and I took the neighbors to dinner at Chamu Gaucha in Downers Grove.

That place looks good.  The only place that I have ever been that looks similar to that place, was here.  It was delicious.  They must be good neighbors for you to take them there.  That was nice of you and your wife.

Edited by LFairbanks

That place looks good. The only place that I have ever been that looks similar to that place, was here. It was delicious. They must be good neighbors for you to take them there. That was nice of you and your wife.

They are the quintessential great neighbors. We look out for each other, take care of each other and are great friends with them. Our daughters refer to them as Uncle Shane and Aunt B.

The link you provided shows a restaurant in Schaumburg...hmmm...maybe around the holidays, thank you Chris!

We've also gone to Fogo de Chao and loved that place as well.

Mom's new car as mentioned in above post.

post-1747-0-41340500-1443376908_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Captain Slow

Went to work.  We have 4 of these in stock.  It's like nobody wants one anymore.

IMAG2136_zpsxbzybrsc.jpg

Those who wanted one probably ordered one or got them when they were released. I just don't see it being a high demand car or able to compete with other luxury sports cars. It's performance is good for a hybrid but nothing spectacular to write home about. I can think of 10 cars off the top of my head I'd rather have for the same price tag or less. 

Chill in the air, reluctantly moved all my chemicals/towels/pads from garage into cellar for the winter.

Final preps this weekend/this week for Ocean City, MD Endless Summer Cruisin'.  Forecast is finally for a nice sunny weekend!!

I did the same thing after feeling mid 40s already in New England. 

Paul, (Captain Slow) the ATS built on the GM Alpha platform is an awesome driving, handling family vehicle!

Lighter and more nimble than most other cars in it's class, as well as those cars above and below that mid sized class.

Cadillacs can be made "more affordable" than purchasing new, by getting one a year or two old for about one half the initial cost, and GM offered a longer powertrain warranty which should still be in effect.