Customer Service 866.965.0400

water spots

walt1967

Question

ok spent 6 hours sat detailing the car first clay then the blue and orange then the upgraded wax looked awesome then mon it sat out in the rain for like 5 hours after rain stopped its covered in water spots. So 200 bucks and 1 rain shower and the stuff cant hold up whats the deal with that i mean i had crap wax hold up better then this

If your black truck is outside and gets rained on and then the sun comes out you will get water spots. If you can before it dries I would spray down the hood (any top areas that the sun will dry) with WCW and use the wcw towels top wipe down and dry your hood. Acid rain in the water spots will etched in the paint with aid of the sun! BTW Nice truck!:2thumbs:

The other day I noticed some bird poop on my wife's black RDX. Its been about 2 weeks since a full detail, topped off with Buttery Wax.

Poop came right off with the DS and a cheap microfiber towel. She asked about the water spots. (It had rained the day before.) I sprayed the DS, lightly rubbed 2-3 times - poof! No more water spots.

Can't ask for more than that, right?

I look at it like this, the product you put on your vehicle is there to a)take the abuse from the elements, thereby saving the actual finish, and B) look purty :D.

It did it's job, recovered from the rain and looks great again. The stuff you can get at any local retailer doesn't recover from abuse the way these products do, that's why we are happy to pay a bit extra for them.

By the way, very nice truck you have there.

Annette

Love your truck and good luck! I had water spots on my new Z that etched in the clear. ADAMS products did take care.of.it and I used Americana and BG with no problems since. However, I do not let rain dry on the car. I have a handy small bottle of WW and DS that I keep in the car with waffle weave towels. If I am driving to work in the rain-i take a mintue once I park in the deck and wipe her down. It only takes a couple minutes. It will become a habit once you do it a couple weeks.

After all the work it took to get off the etched water spots on the new car- I have tried to prevent it from happening again. You can do it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Actually waxing your car will increase the amount of water beads because the wax will make any water on the bodywork bead.

once this drys any contaminants in that water with the help of the sun will etch into paint.

The good news is on paint with wax most of the etching will only be into the wax.

On paint work with no wax the contaminants will etch right into the paint.:mad:

Thats why it is always better to buy the best wax you can because if you think about a bead of water as a magnifying glass concentrating solar rays into one area just think of the damaged that could do to vehicles without any protection.

This is also the reason some people will apply two coats of wax.

Walt... what exactly leads you to believe our products haven't held up?

Water spots are the minerals and dirt left behind after water dries up... doesn't matter if there is wax, sealant, or anything on the surface, if you allow water to dry there will be spots. Now if that spot is on naked paint you can have an issue. If its over wax then the wax is serving as a barrier to protect your paint.

I don't care what you were using before, no wax is going to stop water spots from happening if you allow water to dry on the surface. Bottom line wax doesn't prevent water spots... not allowing water to dry on your paint is what prevents water spots. The second you find a product that prevent water from drying on your paint let me know... I'd love to try it!

Dylan is right, there is NO products on the market that will prevent water spots, I've used all of them.

I recently just bought a Toyota Rav4, black, if you own a black car/truck be prepared to see more of the water spots, just have to maintain it and please use the two bucket wash because you'll have a much bigger problem than the water spots.

Black is very sexy but you have to stay on it in order to keep it that way, it's not the products you have issues with, trust me.

If it rains and the car gets wet I wash it ASAP, the longer it sits the harder they are to remove.

Sorry, combination of a bad day and multiple stresses and being defensive of Adam's products these days. I just felt like it seemed he didn't follow proper steps due to his lack of full explanation behind the issue and details of products used and how. I'm not a professional by any means, I've only recently started learning all this myself, but in any case before bashing on Adam's products I feel like one needs to explain the situation thoroughly so that we can give the best help.

However, I do apologize for changing the topic of the post and if my posts are too bashing themselves, admins go ahead and remove them.

Also something to keep in mind walt... the sooner you can get them off the better. Wax provides protection, but the longer they're allowed to sit the more stubborn they become. Wash and dry with Detail Spray and throw down another coat of wax if you have time IMO>

Ok cool just was not sure and ya i love aj's vids guess ill just go wash her and let her shine again.Like i said im just really exhausted but true if it rains theres going to be spots so have to sneak a wash in before i detail her camaro this weekend.Thanks again guys

Checkout the video AJ just put up today, it covers this EXACT scenario:2thumbs:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11523&highlight=water+spots

Ok cool just was not sure and ya i love aj's vids guess ill just go wash her and let her shine again.Like i said im just really exhausted but true if it rains theres going to be spots so have to sneak a wash in before i detail her camaro this weekend.Thanks again guys

:iagree: Raining will produce water spots not matter how clean/detailed the truck is. It rained yesterday and I had just got done with a 12 detail on the truck (clay, polish, wax, etc.) and I still have a few water spots on the truck. Nothing can prevent them if you don't care for them after it has rained or you have just washed the truck. Junkman has videos of how to remove them and prevent them. Check them out :glasses:

Hi Walt

Lets see if we can get this sorted out. So you did the complete hand polish then followed that with Americana, correct so far ?

It is possible it got covered in a layer of road dust Sunday prior to it raining Monday. Then after the rain the sun came out ?

ok spent 6 hours sat detailing the car first clay then the blue and orange then the upgraded wax looked awesome then mon it sat out in the rain for like 5 hours after rain stopped its covered in water spots. So 200 bucks and 1 rain shower and the stuff cant hold up whats the deal with that i mean i had crap wax hold up better then this

Walt... what exactly leads you to believe our products haven't held up?

Water spots are the minerals and dirt left behind after water dries up... doesn't matter if there is wax, sealant, or anything on the surface, if you allow water to dry there will be spots. Now if that spot is on naked paint you can have an issue. If its over wax then the wax is serving as a barrier to protect your paint.

I don't care what you were using before, no wax is going to stop water spots from happening if you allow water to dry on the surface. Bottom line wax doesn't prevent water spots... not allowing water to dry on your paint is what prevents water spots. The second you find a product that prevent water from drying on your paint let me know... I'd love to try it!

First thing, by hand polishing you wont get perfection. To get flawless paint you'll need a polisher(pc or flex). Even though you polished/waxed, your still going to get water spots. You can't tell mother nature not to rain :lolsmack: I have water spots on my car right now, I haven't had a chance to wash it this week, but come saturday shes going to look purrrrrdy again!

Please watch the junkmans recent video on water spots and how to remove them without damaging the paint.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11523

Lets please not bash people on there grammar. English may not be some peoples first language.

OP can you be more specific on the products you used, and the order? Im assuming you used SHR and revive on the double sided applicator?

And thank you no im english just posted this after a 23 hour shift lol Just read my post and ya my bad just really tired so please any help would be great, only have 1 garage and well wife gets it.

Archived