Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do you need to apply MSW after a paint correction if finishing with...

Punky

Question

not trying to have a stupid question but by wipedown i see shampoo and DS sice my carport wont fit my truck with the waverunner. and i dont like just ds then sealing with bg and americana

Not trying to be rude but what does this part mean ?

by wipedown i see shampoo and DS

Gotchya :thumbsup:

I love the MSW, I have a coat on my truck right now but it will be getting stripped soon so I can hit it with SHR and FMP then another coat of MSW :D was debating on the BG and Americana on top since my truck isn't dark but I am gonna give it a shot anyways

I try to avoid unnecessary wiping. If no wipe down is needed I wait a week, wash the car, then apply brilliant and Americana. After a "proper" wash I don't worry about dust.

What about possible contaminants the paint could have picked up in that time, or would the MSW protect against that?

could I apply BG then protect that with the buttery wax in place of americana?

Yes, the Buttery would be fine, it just won't last quite as long on the finish as Americana would.

The 12 hour wipedown is only "IF" it is needed. How I understand it.

A. Apply MSW

B. Let cure for 20 to 30 min

C. Wipe down

D. Leave the finish alone for another 12 to 24 hours

E. Check for any additional hazing that needs to be wiped off

F. If no hazing is found, no need to re-wipe.

12 hours later, I do the wipe down if I see additional hazing or not. Dust settles on the finish I don't want to spread around with the BG applicator.

You could wait until the next time you wash ti apply brilliant glaze and Americana, without worrying about your finish. The MSW is a great protectant on it's own

That's what I do. Saves a wash of a "clean" car just to apply Americana.

The 12 hour wipedown is only "IF" it is needed. How I understand it.

A. Apply MSW

B. Let cure for 20 to 30 min

C. Wipe down

D. Leave the finish alone for another 12 to 24 hours

E. Check for any additional hazing that needs to be wiped off

F. If no hazing is found, no need to re-wipe.

You now have fully cured MSW on your paint. You could wait until the next time you wash ti apply brilliant glaze and Americana, without worrying about your finish. The MSW is a great protectant on it's own

by wipedown i meant complete wash then applying the bg americana. I get too much pollen and dirt that i dont feel right touching my paint with a waterless wash or just DS. Your not rude bill. Does this help?

I was thinking along those lines the other day, my newbie question to the detail experts here is after sealing with MSW

could I apply BG then protect that with the buttery wax in place of americana?

Being a college youth I'm limited on funds for the paste wax:(

not trying to have a stupid question but by wipedown i see shampoo and DS sice my carport wont fit my truck with the waverunner. and i dont like just ds then sealing with bg and americana

Good question I was just thinking ds and wipedown

??

If the vehicle is a DD and or lives outside, MSW (follow instructions on the bottle) then maybe give it a wipedown 12 hrs later (if you can do so w/o driving it). I typically put it on , do the initial wipedown, and then let it sit overnight in a garage and then do a 2nd wipedown for any slight haze from the curing overnight. Then put on your BG and Americana, and get out the sunglasses. :glasses:

Is it necessary to use msw after a paint correction if you are finishing with bg and Americana?

IMO it would depend on what your car is exposed to on a daily basis. If its a garage queen and not a daily driver, then MSW is probably not necessary because you wont be exposing it to anything. I went straight to BG and Americana after my correction because my car will never see rain (on purpose). If its a daily driver and/or parked outside, definitely!

Thank you all. What is the waiting time after applying the msw to apply the bg? Is there anything I need to know like a second wipe down before applying the bg etc?

Yes, at least 12 hours and another wipe down before putting anything on top of MSW.

Thank you all. What is the waiting time after applying the msw to apply the bg? Is there anything I need to know like a second wipe down before applying the bg etc?

Archived