Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bugs & Bra's

SIDetailing

Question

I wanted to know what you guys and gals used to remove caked on bug remains on clear bras. I tried many things but they all seemed to do nothing. I spent 30 mins just working on the front and still didn't remove all of the bug remains. Just wondering what helps you best to take care of this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

15 answers to this question

Then you have left them on for way longer than you should have. I learned that lesson already. I would try claybar unless they are replacing it for free.

The clear bra isn't on my car. Its a clients. Normally im able to remove the bugs no problem, but I think they were on there for way to long. I got them off but it took way to long. Next time ill try clay baring it.

Wet bra, soak them with some diluted APC and let it dwell (while I wash the rest of the car), wash/lightly scrub them with a microfiber bug specific little mitt. Follow up with clay and hand polish the areas with either Clear polish or FMP.

This removes them from my company car that doesn't see enough "Love" from time to time. The bugs can etch into the clear material just like they do to paint.

Soak a few 'cheap' microfibers in the wash solution, pre-treat the bugs with WCW, and then place the MF's over the affected areas. The thin MF's really stick to the surface well. Let them sit for about 10 minutes, and repeat if necessary.

I have used this method to remove dried love bugs. I like it because it doesn't remove the protection.

The key to removing bugs is don't leave them on, remove them daily if necessary! The longer they are on the harder they are to get off!

Tell me about it! I have washed the wife's car 3 times in the past 10 days due to love bugs swarms. But I have perfected my bug cleaning technique! http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11404

Archived