Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana / BG / Americana

musclejunkie

Question

I tried this combo this past week, first doing a complete detail of my car then finishing off with Americana last week and this weekend a wash with the shampoo and rinse / DS followed by BG and another coat of Americana. I also tried out for the first time, the Adam's glass microfiber towels / glass cleaner....simply amazing! I now DO WINDOWS!

I think the BG and additional coat of Americana added some wetness to the shine, so I would say it was a worthwhile experiment. I noticed a couple things as I applied the products. The BG seemed like it took forever to dry to a haze....I applied it to the whole car before I could take it off ( the humidity was around 65% might have something to do with it ). I guess that's neither here nor there as it did seem to add some wetness to the look of my finish. The Americana on the other hand dried very quickly and the trick was to do a small panel at a time and get it off with the single or double white micro's, before it hardened on the surface. All in all, it went pretty well, but I wasn't real crazy about the cure time on the BG or the ease of removing it. The original formula BG on video 6 looked like it was quicker to haze and easier to take off. But maybe the new product is longer lasting or glossier. Can anyone clarify this? Hopefully the BG also did not detract from the life of the Americana wax, cause it looks SIMPLY MAVELOUS DALING! I know...I worry too much.:help:

12 answers to this question

t I wasn't real crazy about the cure time on the BG or the ease of removing it. The original formula BG on video 6 looked like it was quicker to haze and easier to take off.

The reformulation of this product was to increase drying time above all else... I'd suspect you're a tad heavy on the application and that coupled with the humidity would lead to longer cure times.

If it was difficult to remove you DEFINITELY were using too much b/c it generally won't take more than the weight of a towel and your hand to remove BG in most cases.

the reformulation of this product was to increase drying time above all else... I'd suspect you're a tad heavy on the application and that coupled with the humidity would lead to longer cure times.

If it was difficult to remove you definitely were using too much b/c it generally won't take more than the weight of a towel and your hand to remove bg in most cases.

huh? I thought it was the opposite...

I find BG slightly harder to remove over BSG, but I like the results more which makes it worth it.

The BSG IMO was easier to put down thinly. :o

huh? I thought it was the opposite...

I find BG slightly harder to remove over BSG, but I like the results more which makes it worth it.

The BSG IMO was easier to put down thinly. :o

It was thinner, less is more with the new stuff. Part of the appeal of the PC/Gray Pad application appeal is how thin it lays it down.

I find that the new BG does dry faster than the BSG, but still here in Florida, I need to let it sit longer that the video. I still do the entire car wait about 10-15 minutes and then remove it. It comes off without any problems. I finally did it with a coat of the BG followed by the Americana. I love it.

It was thinner, less is more with the new stuff. Part of the appeal of the PC/Gray Pad application appeal is how thin it lays it down.

Agreed! I only took exception to your comment that Adams developed BG to "increase" drying time over BSG.

Chris

Never used the BSG. I did apply the BG to my wifes car this past weekend using the Red Hex grip applicator. I applied a thin coat to the entire car, then went back and wiped it off: almost effortlessly. I had to have been working in high humidity too, I was in the garage and it was raining outside off and on.

Just a thought, but could the solvents in the BG have been dissolving the underlying coat of Americana making it seem harder to remove?

Never used the BSG. I did apply the BG to my wifes car this past weekend using the Red Hex grip applicator. I applied a thin coat to the entire car, then went back and wiped it off: almost effortlessly. I had to have been working in high humidity too, I was in the garage and it was raining outside off and on.

Just a thought, but could the solvents in the BG have been dissolving the underlying coat of Americana making it seem harder to remove?

Thats actually a good point... perhaps softening the Americana coat to a point where it would make it like taking off that first application again.

Thats actually a good point... perhaps softening the Americana coat to a point where it would make it like taking off that first application again.

Bingo. I'll bet that is what happened. And after reading your posts, I realize I did put too much product on to begin with. I applied with an Americana red hex pad and the pad was soaked when I was done (clue). I did shake the bottle each time I applied to the pad, but the stuff is so runny it's hard to see on the pad. Next time I'll just maybe use a microfiber pad instead of the foam pad. Another positive thing I noticed about the BG is that I did a quick job of drying my car, to begin with, spritzing like I always do with DS. A couple areas on my hood, contained excess DS that I didn't buff off cleanly with the waffle weave. The BG cleaned up those areas very nicely!

Anyways, I barely used up much Americana or BG, so I'll have this stuff a long time! Totally worth the investment, AND the BG works miracles on glass too.

Archived