Customer Service 866.965.0400

My lug nut brush smells like a dead animal

CMorg

Question

22 answers to this question

This topic sparked my interest. After cleaning my wheels yesterday I "smelled" the brush deliberately for the first time. haha......no joke, smells like a wet dog thats for sure. So much in fact I decided to test it out with my dog. My Frenchie did his "happy" dance around it when I laid the brush in the lawn. He only does this dance for 3 things. Treats, ANY other dog, and recently our two month old son. I guess the boar's hair brush will be #4.

BTW....the brush worked amazingly well on black painted wheels! Two thumbs up!

DO NOT soak it in dawn. I ruined my brush that way. Ashley was nice enough to send me a new one, but seriously, don't do it. It like dissolves the epoxy.

This was already discussed elsewhere on the forum, we determined the manufacture had changed the epoxy. They have gone back to the original type... your situation was the exception, not the norm.

I love it! Going to take a shower with a few dozen brushes everyday to get the smell to be more like my wife's hair!!!

:lol:

Showering with brushes to smell your wife's hair? That would be like me going to an Adam's Dealer instead of just coming to Boulder to see you. Worth the drive and staight to the maunufacturer. :lol: If you get my meaning.

Mine attracts flies. Really. When I got my boar hair brush it smelt bad. I showered with it and used conditioner on it (for hair) and it took the smell away.

That makes so much sense I never thought of it.It is hair so why not treat it like my wife treats her's? That is a GREAT tip.

Maybe I will give mine to the wife to take to her hair dresser to die it red next.

Look at the butt ugly animal :help:that the hair came from and wonder why the brush stinks?

They are ugly PIGS and PIGS STINK but it works right???:lol:

Its like you don't want to see how hot dogs are made almost the same thing, they taste good but don't think about what it is made of.:lolsmack:

The side effect of using natural fibers is that they will smell like wet animal... the trade off we could sell you guys flocked nylon brushes that would scratch the hell out of your stuff?

You tell me... what sounds like the better option? Personally a little wet animal smell for the first few uses is a small thing in the grand scheme of things.

The scent should fade with use, also make sure you're not putting it into an enclosed space wet... dry it out by either blotting it onto a towel, blowing it out with something like the blaster sidekick, or shake it out and set it in the sun to dry for a little bit.

ALL boars hair brushes smell awful when wet, no matter what brand they are. Let youR dog sniff them. Mine buries his nose in it. lol

The GS smells like alcohol which makes up a large portion of it.

Chris

my leather brush smelled nasty.. I soaked it in some apc and water as instructed my Ashley and that helped!

edit: now that I remember, she told me to soak it in Dawn and water IIRC

Lol , you dont have to stick your nose to mine. The auroma fills the cabinet I foolishly put it in after use. Seems like maybe there should be some sort of sanatizing before they use the hair..

Archived