Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT on off road tires

thebrannman

Question

What is the best way to apply the SVRT onto my 33 inch bf goodrich all terrain tires? I don't suppose this stuff comes in a spray version....did my first detail yesterday evening with some stuff i ordered. got some SVRT and the applicator pad (not the blocks). pretty pleased with everything just looking for some insight for larger tires with knobby treads. you know....to get in the crevasses and everything.

thanks a bunch

15 answers to this question

I believe some will water it down a little and put it in a spray bottle for that type of tire. But you could use In&Out spray, it just won't last as long. I know there are a few members who have similar tires that will chime in.

Welcome to AF :hi:

What I do is use the blocks in wedge form. I cut them into individual sizes to do different things for my truck. Like trim around the windows and the wheels & tire sidewalls

:iagree:I have dont the same for different applications. Really helps me.

sorry for the crappy phone pic. its getting dark here too. but you get the idea...pre MP on the wheels of course. its actually gonna rain tonight and im looking forward to seeing how well it says. haha...as crazy as that sounds

the best technique i found was to just use the hex grip in an up and down motion on the treads. i forgot how much the pads hold so its tough to not wanna overuse it. enjoy

SVRT mixed 50/50 in a spray bottle and use the Pro Tire sponge.

This works well on the side lugs of our Volvo XC70 and I've often thought this would work on larger truck tires.

yea i did the mixture...think i did a little too much water though cuz its kind of runny. o well...i just did straight SVRT and sponge on the tires and worked fine...just took some time.

used the watery mixture as an undercarriage spray until the real deal arrives, worked pretty well so far

yea i did the mixture...think i did a little too much water though cuz its kind of runny. o well...i just did straight SVRT and sponge on the tires and worked fine...just took some time.

used the watery mixture as an undercarriage spray until the real deal arrives, worked pretty well so far

Try adding a little more SVRT - maybe up to 70% SVRT in the solution.

The 50/50 mix of SVRT and Distilled water works well because it is Kinda' Runny. Since it's so thinned out it gets down in the lugs better and I only spray it on the side wall lugs. The straight SVRT I apply to the side walls and use the Pro Tire sponge over the entire tire. 70/30 SVRT and Distilled water would use up a lot of product dispensed from a spray bottle!

Archived