Customer Service 866.965.0400

No garage or carport

doweigyman

Question

I'm wanting to use my new PC but I don't have access to a garage, carport or shed. But being in bama I have plenty of shade trees. Any tips on how I can pull this off until I can find something to pull my rides in? Thank you for your help :2thumbs:

15 answers to this question

I'd advise against working under a tree... one stray drop of sap, a bird bomb, pollen, twig, or anything else coming off the tree could wreak havoc on your finish if it got under the pad.

The products will work out in direct sun as Chris mentioned, though they will make you work MUCH harder. The pop up shelter is a great way to go... they're relatively inexpensive and can easy to move around to shade the areas you're working on.

Also, start as early in the day as you can to avoid the harshest sunlight and heat.

Under a tree is absolutely out of the question. Within minutes, if it is hot, I have sap dropping out of the trees from my house.

Next to a building if possible might provide some shade for a while.

REALLY??? 3am??? Don't you guys sleep? OK, glad to see that I am not the only one with issues!!!:willy:

Ian is still young enough to enjoy being up at 3 AM! If I am up that late/early something is broken, and I am dialed into a customer site debugging code.

I'm in the same boat and can say that the only product you have to worry about is MSS, check the weather for rain during curing. Otherwise it always works out, DS during drying to get rid of water spots and all polishes waxes seem to work great compared to the other guys even at 115% heat index and direct sun at 4pm. Dylan is right you do have to work harder but it beats being the guy running his pc at 3 am:lol:

Archived