Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use on wheels ?

scribble

Question

22 answers to this question

Ron, do you have any bg that you could try on the rim? The should help cover any problems in the clear. If it does not cover it up, I would say they cleared right over that.

tried it and it did add some pop to the look but brushed look still there. oh well...thx anyway.

That looks pretty standard for GM factory 'polished' wheel finishes. My TBSS, SSS, and Avalanche wheels were no better. In many cases those markings are actually under the clear coat so theres not much you can do about them unfortunately.

I'll second this. My stockers were horrible, then they cleared them. :lol:

i've got the wheels cleaned and polished with super sealantbut still have fine brush marks on them. tried buffing out w pc and shr but no difference. any other suggestion?

What kind of wheels are you dealing with? Is the finish the problem or are the imperfections under the clear coat?

My factory rims I can see right through the finish and see all the imperfections that are under the clear coat.

reviving an oldish thread.

My question is about how to finish off the wheels. Can you really treat the wheels just like the paint since the wheels can get much hotter than the paint on your body panels.

does the BSG or even the MSS hold it's integrity on those hot surfaces?

Archived