Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gift for My Son Damien - Home from 4th then Off to 5th Tour of Duty

smokemeister25

Question

hi guys...

i'd like your advice on a little tiny kit for a gift for my son. about 5 months ago my son came home slightly wounded from his 4th tour of duty in you know where... :( as a gift to himself he bought a new camaro SS the day he arrived home. it was something he had saved for and wanted for a long time. he keeps it clean as a whistle but i'm sure he doesn't do it right or even for that fact know how. i know for a fact that he uses a lot of spray detailer instead of washing. i would like to ask ashley to send him a little tiny kit of the most important things and hope he will use them instead of just spray detailing with turtle wax ice and a bath towel or maybe he gets polish rags from walmart... you get the idea.

so could you give me your opinions on a small inexpensive kit of things for him to try. hopefully he'll actually give them a try and not just leave them on the shelf. i was thinking spray detailer, a couple of the nice microfiber towels, some waterless stuff maybe and waffle towels.... i think they have some sample sizes maybe. if he uses them and likes them i'm more than happy to buy him whatever he wanted but to just leave em sit on the shelf would be a bummer. not sure he really knows how to do what you guys are into.... do you think some sample sizes and a few towels for around 50 bucks or less is possible?

until lately he wasn't even able to use his arm well enough to really do much polishing but he's gone through a lot of physical therapy and is strong enough now. for what it's worth he's gonna get deployed on his 6th time and go back this march.... and yes, i worry a lot.

thanks for suggestions. i wish i could buy him everything but lets give him 3 or so things to get him started.

• Answers 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

serving my country is the one thing i regret NOT doing in my life, thus far!

before i always said i would've joined if i didn't get accepted to a major university, but i got accepted so i never enlisted.

now that i've been out of school for a couple years, sitting in an office, some days busy, some days bored out of my mind. i sometimes reflect on the past and think "what if i would have joined?"

now i believe, if the oil industry goes down the toilet and i'm out of a job and cannot find a new one in a timely manner, instead of sitting on my butt in front of the TV mad at the world, i'll join the military. they raised the enlistment age to like 40 or 42 so i got 16-18 years before i can't.

i'll donate some for your son. he has been through hell and back, protecting the rest of us from danger.

Wait... Huh??? Is it too late? I just saw this post... Where have I been? Doh!

I would LOVE to contribute to this.

Let me know Lynn.

Chris

Hey Chris, You still got time bro. Just give her a call. IIRC the deadline was like Friday.

I've been on the road as well, and have just finally read this thread....FANTASTIC!!

Les, we are honored to be a part of this gift, and I'm humbled that our friends here are out to donate as well....what a stellar group of humans we have here!:2thumbs:

I'm so glad your son is coming home, and I hope he recovers from his injuries swiftly.

Do you think that you might need a hand getting the car detailed? We have many friends in the Pittsburgh area, and I'm confident we could motivate a kind American to come help make that Camaro shine like crazy....

Just ask Les....:patriot:

I've been on the road as well, and have just finally read this thread....FANTASTIC!!

Les, we are honored to be a part of this gift, and I'm humbled that our friends here are out to donate as well....what a stellar group of humans we have here!:2thumbs:

I'm so glad your son is coming home, and I hope he recovers from his injuries swiftly.

Do you think that you might need a hand getting the car detailed? We have many friends in the Pittsburgh area, and I'm confident we could motivate a kind American to come help make that Camaro shine like crazy....

Just ask Les....:patriot:

We are having the detail event on the 15th with Dylan. I'll see if I can figure out how far your son is and maybe we can all meet up.with him.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

We are having the detail event on the 15th with Dylan. I'll see if I can figure out how far your son is and maybe we can all meet up.with him.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

Bring him and his car and use it for the demo :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest Sarah@Adams
Wait... Huh??? Is it too late? I just saw this post... Where have I been? Doh!

I would LOVE to contribute to this.

Let me know Lynn.

Chris

You still have time, just give me a call on my direct line at 858-605-0296.

i live just north of pgh pa about 20 miles from downtown. i know he's coming to visit for about a week the end of oct beginning of nov. reason is he tries to go to one steeler game a year and he sold all his earthly possessions, borrowed on his iife insurance and took every cent out of his bank account to pay for 2 tickets to the steeler vs patriots game on oct 30th... welcome to the world of ticket scalping to be able to go to a game....:lol: he doesn't know about what's happening, but depending on what the weather is like maybe i could have a combination car cleaning party / bbq for anyone wanting to come over and ''instruct'' on how to do things. he's never done anything to the level you guys do so i'm sure he'd like to get some one on one help. after he, and his name is damien so we won't call him ''him'' anymore, graduated from college he thought he'd like to be in the restaurant business and went to chefs school and became a for real chef. so while i can't guarantee the weather will be good i can guarantee that the food will be fantastic and i'm positive he'd be more than happy to cook for anybody wanting to come over. unfortunately we don't have a garage to work in so it would have to be outside. but with a little luck the weather might cooperate. i'd love meeting anybody in the area that's into this as well. i may be just the ''old'' father but i have a couple of pretty nice cars myself. a 700 horse almost perfect old school camaro z28 muscle car and also a buick grand national. so i'm trying to learn how to do this stuff for real myself.

you folks have showed an awful lot of class in this little gesture to a stranger. all i originally wanted to know was what would be the best stuff to start with for a little gift of about 40 or 50 bucks and you guys have really shown how nice this world can be. dami lives in charleston sc and is leaving in march for his 5th tour over there and won't be home until the next fall. in fact he's there right now but only for about 2 or 3 weeks... he saved for quite a while to buy his new SS and i think sometimes one of the things he gets to do that he likes best is to drive his car when he gets to come home.... :burnout:

Guest Sarah@Adams
i live just north of pgh pa about 20 miles from downtown. i know he's coming to visit for about a week the end of oct beginning of nov. reason is he tries to go to one steeler game a year and he sold all his earthly possessions, borrowed on his iife insurance and took every cent out of his bank account to pay for 2 tickets to the steeler vs patriots game on oct 30th... welcome to the world of ticket scalping to be able to go to a game....:lol: he doesn't know about what's happening, but depending on what the weather is like maybe i could have a combination car cleaning party / bbq for anyone wanting to come over and ''instruct'' on how to do things. he's never done anything to the level you guys do so i'm sure he'd like to get some one on one help. after he, and his name is Damien so we won't call him ''him'' anymore, graduated from college he thought he'd like to be in the restaurant business and went to chefs school and became a for real chef. so while i can't guarantee the weather will be good i can guarantee that the food will be fantastic and i'm positive he'd be more than happy to cook for anybody wanting to come over. unfortunately we don't have a garage to work in so it would have to be outside. but with a little luck the weather might cooperate. i'd love meeting anybody in the area that's into this as well. i may be just the ''old'' father but i have a couple of pretty nice cars myself. a 700 horse almost perfect old school camaro z28 muscle car and also a buick grand national. so i'm trying to learn how to do this stuff for real myself.

you folks have showed an awful lot of class in this little gesture to a stranger. all i originally wanted to know was what would be the best stuff to start with for a little gift of about 40 or 50 bucks and you guys have really shown how nice this world can be. dami lives in charleston sc and is leaving in march for his 5th tour over there and won't be home until the next fall. in fact he's there right now but only for about 2 or 3 weeks... he saved for quite a while to buy his new SS and i think sometimes one of the things he gets to do that he likes best is to drive his car when he gets to come home.... :burnout:

:party: Wow! That is cool Les, I wish I were closer! Party for Damien! :patriot:

Calling all :pc:forum members, it sounds like a fun time....

not sure if these will come through... i've never posted pics on a forum before. but here's a couple shots of dami. one with me and his new car when he got it. another from last Christmas from afganastan, and another from the year before during the superbowl. the one is pretty self explanatory and the other is a strange way to celebrate the superbowl while wearing a shoulder holster and flak jacket in kabul....

hope this works. sorry if i did it wrong...

Damien01.jpg

Damien04.jpg

Damien03.jpg

Damien02.jpg

Damien05.jpg

Les, this is just a sampling of what this forum is like. A lot of people chip if for the good causes and this definitely qualifies! Lynn has promised to list all of the products being shipped for Damien once she gets it all together. PLEASE make sure that you get some good pictures of him when it is given to him and post on this thread. We all hope that he enjoys his Adams products as much as we do. Thank you for your initial posting and I am happy to do my small part. God Bless

I've never donated anything to anybody before in my life, and I just got off the phone with Lynn after making my contribuition.

I don't know what it is but this story is very touching to me. Damien certainly deserves what we have put together for him and I really hope we capture his expressions and reactions for this forum the day he finds out all of this.

in case anybody did any calculations from the pictures that he's in one celebrating the superbowl and in another the next year asking for christmas cookiesr... so yes, he's had to be there for the last two christmas'.... that's kind of tough but you notice he's smiling... :) he's always smiling.... if you look through his facebook you'll notice a good sense of humor and always smiling. when his colonel asked for ideas for a symbol of their squadron for an event he volunteered to be the mascot of his squadron which is called the ''lions force'' and dressed up in his homemade lions flightsuit.

now you all know if he finds out i showed you these pictures, which are posted in plain sight on his facebook site, he's gonna KILL me... and he does carry a gun for work... :) you gotta be pretty confidant about your manhood to do something like this:lolsmack:

i wanted everybody to know though that you're doin a nice gesture to a good guy, and he will be speechless by your generosity and probably invite you all to visit down south... of course, i'm a little prejudiced :D

i actually hope some of you if you are in my area can come over and visit even if the weather is too cold to work outside. i'd like to meet you and have you as my guests. you're all invited :welcomebanner:

Edited by smokemeister25