Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just bought Heads/Cam for the GTO

AZGTO

So I finally bought a Heads/Cam Setup for my GTO...

Here's the Details on it:

The heads are brand new 243 castings in which have been fully hand ported by Chris Frank of Frankenstein Cylinder heads. Gallery They feature custom cut/larger valves, dual PAC springs (good to .660 lift) with all titanium hardware. These heads have never been on a car. Heads have been milled .030 to increase compression.

Cam:

It's a Bullet Racing made billet camshaft, 235/240 .595/.595 on a 110LSA.

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4690-1.jpg

IMG_4691-1.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

Can't wait to get this all installed!

Very cool. Check out nic d for tunning.

Ya NicD already did a street tune on the car so he will be doing this when it it done. Plus he lives like a mile from me.

How much power are you hoping to get? I know with a nice head and cam set, my Dodge 5.7 can get an extra 100HP (450 crank vs 350).

Shooting for 440-450 whp so roughly 100+hp. I also plan on doing a FAST intake as well in the future.

That's a nice combo. Who spec'd that cam for you? Seems like a rather uncommon grind...

Also, you should definitely check PTV clearance with the heads milled that much, especially if you are using a thinner head gasket than the stock thickness.

I bought the heads/cam combo already done this way. My friend from work originally bought this setup for his LSx conversion in his 65 mustang. He figured he was going to go for more of a stockish route instead so he sold it to me. Its a bigger cam than what I wanted but for the little I drive my car I think it'll be fun.

I'm definitely going to check into the PTV clearance, I will be using stock head gaskets.

Very nice!!:2thumbs:

:rockon:

Have fun with the install Donny; take your time and check everything before you light it up. Let us know how you make out!:2thumbs:

Will do...I'm prob a few months out on installing this stuff but I can't wait.

Sounds wicked man!!!

:2thumbs:

• 4 months later...

I have AI full cnc 243s on my 06 gto, vengeance racing vrx5 cam 236/238 .601 .605 113 LSA, FAST 102, FAST 46lb injectors, kooks headers with catless mids...car made 483/423 on a loaded mustang dyno. I did all the work myself, if you have any questions pm me..

P.S hope your not running the stock clutch. It wont last long at all. The GTO has a very weak stock clutch, that mixed with its heavy weight and more power makes it hard on clutches. If its a 6sp that is!!

I have AI full cnc 243s on my 06 gto, vengeance racing vrx5 cam 236/238 .601 .605 113 LSA, FAST 102, FAST 46lb injectors, kooks headers with catless mids...car made 483/423 on a loaded mustang dyno. I did all the work myself, if you have any questions pm me..

P.S hope your not running the stock clutch. It wont last long at all. The GTO has a very weak stock clutch, that mixed with its heavy weight and more power makes it hard on clutches. If its a 6sp that is!!

I have Kooks with Catless mids as well

Sounds like we will have similar setups minus the FAST Intake. I already have an LS7 clutch in the car so I should be good there. I will definitely PM you if I have any questions :rockon:

Archived