Customer Service 866.965.0400

Are the any benefits from applying Americana over Sealant?

FP

Question

22 answers to this question

How about multiple coats of Americana? Any benefit?

Def longer lasting. For my daily driver winter prep I always do a strip wash, clay, polish, then coat of MSS. Then I follow that up with 2 coats of Americana. This lets my paint survive the long harsh winters of upstate NY. So far it's worked like a charm the last couple years. It makes it through into spring still beading as the snow melts on it.

I'll hit the touchless car wash (touchless being key) throughout the winter to knock off the salt and I pull out of the wash with is shining good as new each time.

Can't beat this combo of MSS + Americana + Americana for winter protection in my book.

I would not use BG over MSS personally. Americana ONLY. I would not use buttery over MSS either as I believe these two products contain solvents that may erode the MSS protection. Americana is a pure wax product and I do not believe contains any solvent.

Hmmm what is the input of the wiser on this? Would BG really degrade the MSS ??

Curing time would be my guess. Bill is being nice and careful to get full curing of the MSS. And ditto on the Americana over MSS. I also have used MSS, then BG, then Americana. Usually (with my schedule) I do the MSS one weekend, and then next weekend, after a wash, do the BG and Americana.

How long your Americana lasts depends on the environmental conditions that your paint is subjected to. I go by how well water on my paint beads up. Once it seems like it's losing some of it's beading properties, I'll apply another coat of Americana.

If you apply too many coats too often, your paint will appear hazy/cloudy. And you'll be wasting product.

Archived