Customer Service 866.965.0400

We Need to Raise Taxes!!!

Adam

People are depending on us taxpayers to come through for them!

<script language="javascript">var VideoID = "15915"; var Width = 425; var Height = 344;</script><script src="http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/hdplayer/rt.php" language="javascript"></script>

:mad:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arghhhhhhh:mad::mad::mad:

The welfare system needs to be slowly abolished. It just keeps getting worse and worse too. They are getting more laxed then ever before and its just burdening us workers more and more.

im sick of social programs, im sick of research grant money going to useless things, im sick of people whining that they dont get enough money from the government and that we owe them something because we have "more then them"

Welfare and social programs has done nothing but hurt this country and create lazy people.:loser::banned:

i have more things to say but im afraid if i do ill get banned and stir this up. Its sad what this country is coming to, it really is.

The welfare system needs to be slowly abolished. It just keeps getting worse and worse too. They are getting more laxed then ever before and its just burdening us workers more and more.

im sick of social programs, im sick of research grant money going to useless things, im sick of people winning that they dont get enough money from the government and that we owe them something because we have "more then them"

Welfare and social programs has done nothing but hurt this country and create lazy people.:loser::banned:

i have more things to say but im afraid if i do ill get banned and stir this up. Its sad what this country is coming to it really is.

:iagree:

im sick of social programs, im sick of research grant money going to useless things, im sick of people whining that they dont get enough money from the government and that we owe them something because we have "more then them"

i have more things to say but im afraid if i do ill get banned and stir this up. Its sad what this country is coming to, it really is.

:banana:You said it!!!:banana:Less Government intervention is more freedom in my opinion :D

While I agree THE ABUSE of social programs (as illustrated in the video) hurts our country the programs, as they're intended to be used, do not.

Example 1 - Funding from social programs is what pays the amazing individuals who come to my house each day and help my autistic son with therapy. Without social programs I would never be able to afford to pay for the services that Tanner receives, its not something covered by insurance, and its a vital part of his eventual recovery and millions of other kids with developmental disabilities.

Example 2 - A friends world was recently turned upside down. Her husband, the sole provider for her and their 2 kids, was killed in a car accident. Having no means by which to support herself she has relied on social programs to keep a roof over her head and food in her 2 kids stomachs while she attempts to find a job.

There are tons of other examples just like this and while I do fully agree there is an enormous percentage of people taking unfair advantage of these programs lets not forget that there are people/organizations who legitimately do need these services or the funding from these services. To some extent they're punished as well b/c funding shrinks thanks to the abusers taking such a large slice of the pie.

I'm of the opinion we need sweeping reform and monitoring of social programs, but to do away with them would harm the people who are the most needing of these services. If nothing else we should be upset that the government is so inept and making sure people who legitimately need aid get it and people who don't are denied. Its far too easy to abuse it and thats thanks to lacking regulation.

Families like mine who need the services of companies funded by that money and people like my friend who are blind sided with a legitimately life changing event shouldn't be punished b/c others abuse the system.

Not everyone is abusing the system.

I believe in helping people who need help so they can eventually help themselves. i DON'T believe in letting people play us for fools and get whatever they can and do nothing in return. the biggest disgrace about this video may be that this moron (judge judys words in the video not mine... although i think the words fits beautifully in this case...) anyway, the biggest disgusting factor is that this smartass self empowering jerk has gone to three years of college and is this dumb....

the way we give money to people who waste or abuse it is repulsive and should be stopped. from foriegn aid to countries like pakastan that play us for fools to idiots like this who have figured out how to play the system and are so stupid as to stand up and brag about it and think he's entitled to keep right on doing it the rest of his miserable life. i wish we knew what college he went to so i could make sure i never recommend it to anyone. i thought you had to be smart to even be able to get into college? strange idea ain't it... smart to get in. at least the college where my wifes a professor at you need to be ''kinda'' smart to get in.... (actually, they have to be real smart to into her school...) tell me how smart this idiot is please??? i guess my kids were either too smart or maybe too stupid. they both had ''loans'' they had to pay back instead of welfare that was wasted on them. maybe their problems are that they actually got jobs after college? that's it... they used college as a means of actually getting a job and making money, so they could pay their loans back and pay more and more and more taxes to help make life nice for this loser.... disgusting ain't it...:loser: would be funny if it weren't costin me so much each year to keep him laughin.... don't laugh though. we may see him running for congress someday... :help:

I have never once complained about paying my taxes, and I pay a good amount. I know that there are many many programs out there that are doing wonderful things for our fellow American's who need help. And I am more than happy to contribute to a system that provides that help.

But then I watch a video like that. Tomorrow I'll start complaining about paying my taxes :mad:

And if Judge Judy want to run for office, I'll throw a vote her way :patriot:

I firmly believe everyone getting unemployment or welfare should pass a drug test every time a check is picked up.

My $0.02 as a taxpayer....

I love helping those in need as a tax paying citizen, but that is in the words of the genius beer guys "brilliant":lol:

I just wish more checks and balances were used with our welfare system. I have no problem helping those that truly need help. My issue is with the ones that abuse the system. It should be more regulated to eliminate the ones that are defrauding the government.

I agree there are people that really need the help and use it correctly. But the percentage of people abusing it is far greater then the people using it the way it was meant to be used. I second on the drug test when the check is picked up. Hell i have to take drug test to get mine and i work for it.

did anyone see on the news last week the amount of double and overcharges involved in the irac and afganastan wars. it was an unbelieveable amount. i'm not talking billions but more like hundreds of billions. in overcharges.... and that came right from our government officials.

another thing i saw on tv last week was a person from calif. that worked in the welfare system and said they couldn't take it anymore and quit becausw they had more than one person they had to oversee that was collecting that had about 18 kids from 7 or 8 different fathers that they had never been married to and the men didn't contribute one penny in support of these children. i'm not in favor of abusing the kids because their parents are scumbags, but come on.... high double digit kids from non tax paying parents that do nothing but collect welfare and have more babies???? when do you say enough is enough? and they all grow up thinking this is the normal way and voting for people who promise them more and more welfare and assistance for no work. would ya say the system is as broken as the society is that thinks this is OK? it's just messed up... at least that's my opinion. but i guess i don't deserve to have an opinion on what they get i just gotta pay for it. and i don't think anyone in the usa should need a dr. and not be able to have one or go hungry or sleep on the street.... but i was around when LBJ's great society came about and before and have watched it blossum into what it is now and how many people want to argue with me that this system is gettin worse and worse and doesn't work. is it really true that illegals can come here and immediately get welfare and have constitutional rights when they aren't even citizens? somebody explain that one to me if it's true cause i've been all over the world including russia and it doesn't work like that anywhere else that i know of. we used to have people who moved here and assimilated into american culture and society and now we have people who want to bring all their garbage with em and expect us to help them pay for it.... somethings gotta be wrong.

I firmly believe everyone getting unemployment or welfare should pass a drug test every time a check is picked up.

Adam I am a little disappointed in you!!!

How much time do you spend watching Judge Judy etc during the day?

My friend, those hours wasted really should be spent working more so you make more money therefore ensuring you pay more taxes!!!

So please be more considerate with how you choose to spend your time!

:lol::lol::lol:

Not sure what the video is as the link is dead on my iPad. I will say that the US needs to start taxing Internet sales though. It would help the ma pa shops in town and bring in revenue for a country that needs it badly.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Guest Luke Warmwater

Why not also insist that those who are able bodied also perform a public service to receive that handout? Unemployment is a little tricky because we pay into it ourselves but for welfare I believe you should be out picking up trash, cleaning up graffiti, or something that betters your community to be eligible to receive that check. I would be more in favor of that than drug testing not that I oppose either.

Why not also insist that those who are able bodied also perform a public service to receive that handout? Unemployment is a little tricky because we pay into it ourselves but for welfare I believe you should be out picking up trash, cleaning up graffiti, or something that betters your community to be eligible to receive that check. I would be more in favor of that than drug testing not that I oppose either.

Imagine how clean our city streets would be if every able bodied person collecting welfare were required to push a broom for even one hour a week. But this makes too much sense so it will never happen.

there's a reason you'll NEVER see aid recipients do anything like that. one reason is do you really think most of them want to do anything? and even if they did the number one reason you'll never see them pick up garbage, clean the streets, patch roads or do any other job like that is unions.... those jobs are all controlled by unions and you don't rally think the unions would for one minute allow non union workers to lift a finger to help do you? i agree with everything you say and the whole concept of having to do some kind of community service and make welfare something recipients have to contribute a little effort for their aid, but it'll never happen... another idea i've always wondered about is if people live off the public because they can't get a job why don't they make it that if you get aid you are required to be out looking for work the way people have to to collect unemployment or they're in some kind of school or job training institute to educate them and try to make them become able to do something to support themselves instead of get some minimal amout to exist on and do nothing? again, i'm not talking about people with honest handicaps or elderly or sick or that group. but to see able bodied people who could do something but basically refuse because they can get their cut off the public instead of having to work and not make 375k a year which is what a lot of them think they're worth doesn't seem right. but we all know that even though they get their aid, they're doin something under the table for cash. the system is broken and needs to be fixed. do you really think we have anybody running the asylum that sincerely wants to fix it....???? i have a bridge over a major ocean in new mexico i'd like to sell you if you do... hell, our leaders can't even figure out how to cut any expenses instead of always just raising taxes. that 60 billion they just discovered they overcharged and wasted in the war effort... why is it they never seem to make a mistake like that with social security or FEMA or one of those programs? ''hey country, we just learned we have an extra 60 billion we overlooked in social security so we're not broke and can actually cut back your tax for SS... and we won't be dipping into the fund to pay for our other pet projects that we want to do and can't figure out how to fund...'' so, now about that bridge in NM... :)

Adam, one of our local politicians here in Louisiana has been pushing for that for years! He gets reamed for it every time..... basically it always degenerates into accusations of various forms ov bigotry.

If anybody reads the link....notice the contorted leaps of logic our fine local newspaper staff takes in editorializing the topic.

Anyway, with his original post, and the sale this weekend, I think Adam just earned himself another sale :thumbsup:

While I agree THE ABUSE of social programs (as illustrated in the video) hurts our country the programs, as they're intended to be used, do not.

Example 1 - Funding from social programs is what pays the amazing individuals who come to my house each day and help my autistic son with therapy. Without social programs I would never be able to afford to pay for the services that Tanner receives, its not something covered by insurance, and its a vital part of his eventual recovery and millions of other kids with developmental disabilities.

Example 2 - A friends world was recently turned upside down. Her husband, the sole provider for her and their 2 kids, was killed in a car accident. Having no means by which to support herself she has relied on social programs to keep a roof over her head and food in her 2 kids stomachs while she attempts to find a job.

There are tons of other examples just like this and while I do fully agree there is an enormous percentage of people taking unfair advantage of these programs lets not forget that there are people/organizations who legitimately do need these services or the funding from these services. To some extent they're punished as well b/c funding shrinks thanks to the abusers taking such a large slice of the pie.

I'm of the opinion we need sweeping reform and monitoring of social programs, but to do away with them would harm the people who are the most needing of these services. If nothing else we should be upset that the government is so inept and making sure people who legitimately need aid get it and people who don't are denied. Its far too easy to abuse it and thats thanks to lacking regulation.

Families like mine who need the services of companies funded by that money and people like my friend who are blind sided with a legitimately life changing event shouldn't be punished b/c others abuse the system.

Not everyone is abusing the system.

Dylan I agree completely with you. We do need a system of safety nets for those that need it. Yes there is abuse of the system that must be weeded out.

As much as we all hate to see tax money go to waste on individuals like this... we must realize that programs like Welfare, Section 8 Housing, College Grants, Food Stamps, etc. keep the country in order. Without these programs the wealthy people, the middle class, and law abiding poverty people would have a lot to worry about. Can you imagine a world where these people didn't receive the program benefits that they receive? It would be chaos in the streets... Anarchy. These programs give people a reason to carry on. Many of these programs keep order in this country. Think about it... If President Obama or the governor of your state had the power to eliminate welfare or any hand outs today. The locks on your doors would not be enough to keep you safe. It would be a nightmere.

In addition the programs help many people who need these benefits, especially in this awful economy.

Checks and balances are needed to prevent fraud, etc. That is just my two cents. Elimination of these programs are not an option, especially without a very well planned solution.

My wife used to manage a grocery store at night. The stories she used to tell about folks buying fancy steaks and lobsters via various government sponsored food programs used to boil my blood. There are a lot of good and needed programs out there, but there has to be a better way to have some oversight.

Archived