Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fire Hose nozzle

LQ9SS

Question

I was rather disapointed when I tried out the fire hose nozzel. Mine seems to not twist/operate smoothly and it won't hold the position in which I set it at. It always wants to automaticaly twist back to the strong spray position. I can't get it to stay on a medium fan spray position.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks.

• Answers 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something seems strange to me about all this. I use a 3/4 hose I believe. 1/2 is way to small IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

So I take it on all garden hoses that the couplings are the same standard size. For some reason I thought that a bigger diameter hose would need a bigger faucet coming off the house and a bigger attachment connection on the other end of the house.

What diameter hose does the adams nozzle use? 1/2 or 3/4? 1/2'' is your standard size correct?

The nozzle doesn't come with a hose, you can use whatever size you want. It has standard Garden Hose Thread. Like Jon said though, 1/2" hose is probably too small. I'd use at least 5/8" if not 3/4".

The nozzle doesn't come with a hose, you can use whatever size you want. It has standard Garden Hose Thread. Like Jon said though, 1/2" hose is probably too small. I'd use at least 5/8" if not 3/4".

That clears things up. Thanks

So I take it on all garden hoses that the couplings are the same standard size. For some reason I thought that a bigger diameter hose would need a bigger faucet coming off the house and a bigger attachment connection on the other end of the house.

Pretty much all garden hoses have connectors threaded with Garden Hose Thread, which is a diameter of 1-1/16" with a pitch of 11.5 threads per inch, regardless of the size of the hose itself. They keep the connectors a standard size just for compatibility reasons.

More I think about the water hose I use. I believe it's a 5/8. Plenty of flow and my nozzle works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Pretty much all garden hoses have connectors threaded with Garden Hose Thread, which is a diameter of 1-1/16" with a pitch of 11.5 threads per inch, regardless of the size of the hose itself. They keep the connectors a standard size just for compatibility reasons.

I looked all over the internet and couldnt find that. You know it all thanks

I looked all over the internet and couldnt find that. You know it all thanks

I hardly know it all. I'm just an engineer that's spent way too much time with pipe fittings and such. Glad I could help though.

Check out what some of Adam's customers have to say!

<TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=GreyCell height=20 align=left></TD><TD class=GreyCell align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>1. eric on 4/24/2011, said:

THIS THING IS AWESOME!!! Its a must have and the BEST nozzle I have ever owned! Built to LAST!!!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','188981');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188981> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','188981');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188981> no (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>2. Nickolas on 4/8/2011, said:

all I can say is WOW.. the pressure my hose puts out is horrible, but when I put a straight stream with this, WOW! Now this is more like an actual FIRE nozzle.. I bought a $20 before that claimed to be a fire nozzle and it was horrible!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','173415');" type=radio name=helpful_562_173415> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','173415');" type=radio name=helpful_562_173415> no (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>3. Christopher on 4/1/2011, said:

Sure... You can buy a 20 or 30 dollar "fire" nozzle. Why should you spend 50 bucks on this one right? Well... #1 reason is... IT WORKS!!! I liken it to a fine watch. The movement of the nozzle is precise and smooth, and the overall quality is impecable. Why buy something that's made in China, when you can give your money to one of your neighbors here in the U.S.? The control of the stream that you have with this nozzle is second to none that I've tried. Don't go cheap! Buy something that'll last.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','135177');" type=radio name=helpful_562_135177> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','135177');" type=radio name=helpful_562_135177> no (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>4. Mark on 2/16/2011, said:

I was very skeptical of this product at first glance, but after reading the numerous reviews and hearing nothing but praise, I pulled the trigger on it. I can now say I am extremely pleased with the superb American made quality. I am very confident this nozzle will last me the rest of my life...... no kidding whatsoever.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','117558');" type=radio name=helpful_562_117558> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','117558');" type=radio name=helpful_562_117558> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>5. Paul on 2/12/2011, said:

I have spent unknown $$$ over the last 25+ years on hose nozzles. I am convinced that this one will be my last one for the rest of my life. It is solid, well built and puts out a strong stream or a fine mist.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','192959');" type=radio name=helpful_562_192959> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','192959');" type=radio name=helpful_562_192959> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>6. Timothy on 2/6/2011, said:

Pricey, but very nice piece add the shut off you will be pleased.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','229172');" type=radio name=helpful_562_229172> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','229172');" type=radio name=helpful_562_229172> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>7. Jeff on 1/11/2011, said:

I was hesitant on getting this for the price. I had a nozzle that was similar (so I thought) that did not impress me. All I can say is this is a nice piece of equipment. Streams to spray, very nice. With a shut off valve behind it you can lower the pressure and get a nice flood for rinsing out if it too.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','187029');" type=radio name=helpful_562_187029> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','187029');" type=radio name=helpful_562_187029> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>8. Buddy on 12/5/2010, said:

This fire hose nozzle is like a precision instrument carved from aluminum. It holds its spray position very well when shutting off the water and setting it down. Plus it will create the perfect spray pattern for any situation. After washing my car I hosed down the driveway and my wife watered the flowers. This is one purchase you will not regret and the fire hose nozzle should last forever just like you expect from items made in the USA!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','188932');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188932> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','188932');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188932> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>9. Ryan on 11/25/2010, said:

This is THE nicest nozzle I have ever had my hands on. Period. This is great for just about anything you need to hose down. Its like a mini-fire hose in your own yard.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','184213');" type=radio name=helpful_562_184213> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','184213');" type=radio name=helpful_562_184213> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>10. Chris on 11/23/2010, said:

What a spectacular nozzle! Talk about well built, this is USA craftmanship at its finest! Probably the last nozzle you will ever buy. A must have detailing tool!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','112010');" type=radio name=helpful_562_112010> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','112010');" type=radio name=helpful_562_112010> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=GreyCell height=20 align=left>10 of 10</TD><TD class=GreyCell align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ok now the real question, are the nozzles working as advertised? I might spend 65 dollars on a pos or no?

In my opinion it is a great tool! Based on my use of the nozzle it seems to NEED pressure and volume. My experience seems to show that if your water system has low pressure or if you only have 1/2" pipes/hoses it doesn't seem to perform as well.

Also remember that Adam's has the best customer service backed by their 110% guarantee! They will work to make sure you are satisfied! :thumbsup:

Ok now the real question, are the nozzles working as advertised? I might spend 65 dollars on a pos or no?

I never had a problem in the first place. I bought mine when they first came out.

Dylan, are these made by Akron Brass?

In my opinion it is a great tool! Based on my use of the nozzle it seems to NEED pressure and volume. My experience seems to show that if your water system has low pressure or if you only have 1/2" pipes/hoses it doesn't seem to perform as well.

Also remember that Adam's has the best customer service backed by their 110% guarantee! They will work to make sure you are satisfied! :thumbsup:

Dave is right. You need both pressure and flow to make this type of nozzle work. The website says the nozzle works great featuring a flow rate of over five gallons per minute at 40psi. I would want to know the minimum flow rate at the faucet required to obtain optimal usage from the nozzle. Is the five gallon flow from the nozzle the same as the five gallon flow from the faucet? You can check the flow from your faucet by timing how long it takes to fill a five gallon bucket. You can have adequate pressure but without adequate flow it won't work. My pressure washer also requires five gallons per minute flow to work properly.

Dave is right. You need both pressure and flow to make this type of nozzle work. The website says the nozzle works great featuring a flow rate of over five gallons per minute at 40psi. I would want to know the minimum flow rate at the faucet required to obtain optimal usage from the nozzle. Is the five gallon flow from the nozzle the same as the five gallon flow from the faucet? You can check the flow from your faucet by timing how long it takes to fill a five gallon bucket. You can have adequate pressure but without adequate flow it won't work. My pressure washer also requires five gallons per minute flow to work properly.

Right just cause you have a 5 gallon minute flow doesn't mean you have 40 PSI behind the flow, that's all up to your water pump. The best time for good water pressure in a city is around 6-10pm. This is because most cities start refilling water towers around 6pm which means they boost the pressure of their pumps.

We use a few of these at the job sites. one of our guys ran his over, but works and looks just fine. They take extra care of them since my dad told them it comes out of their check if it goes missing, or ruined. LOL

I've had one for about 8 months and it is one of the best products I've ever purchased, next to the Metro Sidekick :D

In the words of my good friend Ferris Bueller:

"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up" :D

They aren't made by Akron Brass, but they are top notch. I've had mine since they first came out and no complaints. They work a lot better than the older version.

I haven't used it on a low pressure/volume system, but isn't the point to pump out some serious water? You wouldn't expect it to work well with a low pressure system. It's not a pump. If I hooked up a firehose from a firetruck to my faucet I would not expect it to work like it does on the firtruck.

I have had no problems with mine. I have had it for about 9 months and love it, coupled it with the cutoff valve right behind it, makes washing the cars so much easier. I can control the hose with one hand and cut off the water very easily.

Here is a video check it out, any fix yet? The theory that not enough water pressure causes this I doubt, I think to much water pressure causes this as I have never seen a hose with nearly this much pressure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwVtDU9vZQc&context=C3c219ffADOEgsToPDskI9CkHITPM19k9nckXRyWff]Adams Fire Hose nozzle - YouTube[/ame]

Here is a video check it out, any fix yet? The theory that not enough water pressure causes this I doubt, I think to much water pressure causes this as I have never seen a hose with nearly this much pressure.

Adams Fire Hose nozzle - YouTube

I received mine today and was wondering the same thing, i would like for it to stay at the spray i want and not turn off, if not then there is no point in the shutoff valve

any solutions?:lurk:

Archived