Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fire Hose nozzle

LQ9SS

Question

I was rather disapointed when I tried out the fire hose nozzel. Mine seems to not twist/operate smoothly and it won't hold the position in which I set it at. It always wants to automaticaly twist back to the strong spray position. I can't get it to stay on a medium fan spray position.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks.

• Answers 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this makes a big difference too, at least it does for me!

This is true for me also. :2thumbs:

I see a pretty noticable difference also between using a 1/2" hose and a 3/4" hose. This nozzle is designed for a high water flow, if there isn't enough volume AND pressure you won't get the powerful effect.

This is going to sound dumb, but make sure your hose is turned on all the way. I've found that if I don't have it on 100% my fire nozzle has a weak stream.

But when it's all the way on, watch out.

LOL, yes it's turned on all the way. I only use 3/4" hoses. So dunno. I even checked my main to make sure it was on all the way. My other nozzles work fine. I've had it for a while. I just stopped using it, but stumbled onto this thread.

Since you say your other nozzles work fine, you might want to check inside that nozzle for any debris. I had a nozzle do a similar thing this summer and it turned out a small piece of tan bark had somehow gotten into the hose and then lodged itself up in the nozzle upon use. Once I found and cleared that out, it was back to normal.

Certainly seems defective based on the video. I've never had this issue with the firehose nozzle/shut off valve ordered a year ago. Maybe there is something problematic with a newer batch?

Since I frequently cut off/turn on water during my washes, it would be annoying having to readjust every time. Based on mine experience (and likely the majority of people on here) this problem should not occur.

Dylan, i may have found something! Check the video. Is the screw supposed to move like this? If not it could be a missing part inside.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vnXT1A-h8Qc?hl=en&fs=1" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="425"></iframe>

Any update on this?

02Xtrem07ss, did you got time to check if your other nozzle had the same play in it?

Yes, confirmed yesterday, both of mine have the same play in the ends. However, I do not think this is necessarily a problem or causing the issues that have been reported here.

I love my nozzle. In fact, the only problem I've encountered is with my father trying to steal it on several occasions. I'm actually waiting for another Nozzle daily special to pick another one up for him.

Dylan, thanks for going to bat for the customers who have had these issues. Mine has been flawless since day one and I'm sure I don't speak for myself only when I say that I appreciate the Adam's teams dedication to making sure every customer is 110% satisfied.

Mook played with it incessantly trying to recreate that same issue and the only way he could get it to do it was to swing it around in a manner no one would ever use it.

Would have liked to seen that lol. Srry little off topic. I'm gonna be buying the fire hose nozzle and shut off valve in a couple weeks. Sadly I wont be able to use it for a while.

Do we know anything more on this issue? I just ordered one as a Christmas present for my dad. Thought I'd try it just to see if it had these issues and it does. Except mine will turn itself off until you get past the half way point of rotation. Up to that point you can adjust the flow to where you want, release the rubber grip and it will almost instantly thread bask to the closed position. Checked screw and it is as tight as I can get it with a hand held screwdriver. I'll try to post a video to show what I'm talking about.

1JIYL8xc9sM

Ditto Mine wont stay either I thought it was suppose to be like that.

anything we can do to fix it like tighten the screw in the center??

Mine will not stay in the set position too.

But darn it's one ell' of a nozzle

Do we know anything more on this issue? I just ordered one as a Christmas present for my dad. Thought I'd try it just to see if it had these issues and it does. Except mine will turn itself off until you get past the half way point of rotation. Up to that point you can adjust the flow to where you want, release the rubber grip and it will almost instantly thread bask to the closed position. Checked screw and it is as tight as I can get it with a hand held screwdriver. I'll try to post a video to show what I'm talking about.

1JIYL8xc9sM

To date, neither the warehouse staff, myself, or the manufacture have been able to recreate the issue without pretty much swinging the hose around (which obviously wouldn't fall under the 'intended use') so we're kind of at a loss. Its hard to fix a problem when you can't even cause it.

My thought at this point is that maybe its being caused by a water pressure issue - too low to keep the nozzle 'locked in' or too high and forcing it to adjust, but thats really the only other thing I think it could be.

To date, neither the warehouse staff, myself, or the manufacture have been able to recreate the issue without pretty much swinging the hose around (which obviously wouldn't fall under the 'intended use') so we're kind of at a loss. Its hard to fix a problem when you can't even cause it.

My thought at this point is that maybe its being caused by a water pressure issue - too low to keep the nozzle 'locked in' or too high and forcing it to adjust, but thats really the only other thing I think it could be.

I now have two nozzles in my possession. One I purchased in the first run offering and the other I purchased during the Veteran's Day special. The unit I purchased last year is rock solid and operates just as I want it to. I can use the nozzles back to back within two minutes of each other and they operate in an entirely different fashion. I can set the first one to whatever spray adjustment I am needing and never have to worry about it again. As the video I posted shows, the second one begins to seat almost immediately, without jostling or shaking the nozzle in any way. For example purposes I did adjust it mildly once it stopped in the video, but as soon as I made this adjustment it finished seating. The water pressure is something I had thought of. I recently purchased a house and have some extremely high pressure. I will attempt to use the new one at my parent's house since they have more of what I consider to be average to below average water pressure. The only thing to me that isolates the possibility or pressures is that the two nozzles, used the exact same way, act totally different.

Just attempting to help get to the bottom of this. Not trying to be a trouble or bother. I would even offer up both my nozzles to you for testing if they operate the same way on another system's pressures.

Also, tomorrow I'll attempt to make and upload some more involved videos showing each nozzle.

Thats definitely not right Ben... hows your water pressure coming out of the hose??

If the nozzle is at all defective contact us at 866-965-0400 and we'll replace it.

As you can see in this video below, our customer Ryan has good pressure from his as compared to another nozzle and a pretty good variety of spray patterns just like in our videos:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSqzqyUFzTo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSqzqyUFzTo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived