Customer Service 866.965.0400

what would you guys charge??

Titantruckguy

Question

I was wondering what you guys would charge to machine polish on a black Ford Five Hundred with black paint that is swirled pretty bad??

Also wondering if anyone has gotten into polishing semi trucks yet?? What would you charge to do a Freightliner that is Red and has faded pretty bad, my company is wanting to get there trucks brought back to life and I said I'm your man!!

Just was looking for feedback on polishing these monsters, I will be doing these with a PC and they will be my first ones with it!!:pc:

20 answers to this question

17 bucks and a pack of bubble gum and call it a day :)

but really, you have to think about time spent on the vehicle. The attention to detail is very specific. Also another thing to think about, if you don't have the right tools then you can't complete a detail that is worth 400 dollars.

I say start by explaining what you do, and how long you expect it to take if you non stop work, Then follow it up with a price of 250-300 as a introductory and tell them that any time spent over the allowed time frame will cost extra as necessary.

I do this with my customers. I first start out with my plan on the car and explain to them what I expect to accomplish with each step. Some will tell you, "I don't think I want that". Well that is time spent elesewhere and saves the customer money.

ex. White trans-am I did a while back. I could have made it near perfect, but the owner said give me 125.00 worth. So he got a full wash/vac, clay, and 1 step polish and hit some problems areas with my other pads to show him I pay attention to details. He didn't ask for it but I charged him accordingly.

Hope that helps :)

Honestly, I'd charge $30 per hour and give a rough estimate on how long it would take. I'd say minimum 10 hours up to 20 hours if I really did it right and got the paint 95% perfect. Remove the wheels and get off all the tar, iron filings, and old wheel weight glue? Clay and seal those wheels too? Another 1 hour per wheel or so.

Anything less isn't worth my time because i could just work more overtime or PRN and make more than that anyway.

17 bucks and a pack of bubble gum and call it a day :)

but really, you have to think about time spent on the vehicle. The attention to detail is very specific. Also another thing to think about, if you don't have the right tools then you can't complete a detail that is worth 400 dollars.

I say start by explaining what you do, and how long you expect it to take if you non stop work, Then follow it up with a price of 250-300 as a introductory and tell them that any time spent over the allowed time frame will cost extra as necessary.

I do this with my customers. I first start out with my plan on the car and explain to them what I expect to accomplish with each step. Some will tell you, "I don't think I want that". Well that is time spent elsewhere and saves the customer money.

ex. White trans-am I did a while back. I could have made it near perfect, but the owner said give me 125.00 worth. So he got a full wash/vac, clay, and 1 step polish and hit some problems areas with my other pads to show him I pay attention to details. He didn't ask for it but I charged him accordingly.

Hope that helps :)

Chris :iagree: A detail depends on two main things IMO the condition of the vehicle you are doing, the size of it and what the customer wants to accomplish.

What do you consider Pretty Bad?

This is from a Detail Clinic I attended with Dylan.. I would call this pretty bad..

2011-09-11_11-30-02_114.jpg

You have to account for time and materials like everyone said. I know my time it would take me VS someone like Dylan, so you also have to account for both your skill level and your equipment as well.

Detailer A with Flex takes 8 hours.

Detailer B with PC takes 12 hours.

$300 for a decent price for that level of service. But it also depends on where you live, and what others are charging for the same level of service. Research that a bit and go from there.

But in all things remember if your not doing your own or direct family's vehicle you better be covered with some form of Insurance.. Accidents happen..

Yea Frid that would be great if you would do that!! I'm trying to get started and it's tough getting prices figured out. The ones I've done so far I have been lower than I want to be until I get a few cars under my belt with the Adams arsenal and then I need to set some prices.

The Freightliner has not been touched for many years and it is a day cab. I'm assuming the products would work the same for the parts that are fiberglass!! I would post pics but I haven't figured out how to get them sized properly?? Any Ideas for the pics??

I've done several vehicles now that I got my pricing pretty good. I first off basically with the size (small size car, medium, larger truck) for a base price. I then ask the customer what he would like done and what has been previously done with the car (how often was it last waxed, washed, etc.). Some people that do this detailing for business purposes will say "it depends on how hard you work", buy I do all cars like they were my own. I have a set price. I'll bring a camera and take before and after shots too. But I have yet to run into someone that has told me no or that it's too expensive. If you would like I can PM you my prices that I would charge from a basic wash to a full detail on small to larger vehicles.

On the Freightliner it depends on which one it is.. Is it a day cab or sleeper? Have the rims and tanks been cut already? I charged 10 dollars a wheel to cut and polish them on a 379XL Classic Pete..So you'll have to look at all the variables with that Freightliner..If you can post some pictures of exactly what it looks like right now that would help..

lotta undercutting on here, the price goes lower with each post. who's the lowest bidder? lmao

It all depends how much all the other guys are charging in the area...It very's quite a bit from state to state from what I can tell:loser:

The Five Hundred will be just strictly exterior, wash, clay, tires cleaning and paint correction. I was thinking 250 or so for it.

The Freightliner will just be wash,clay tires cleaning and polish the exterior paint and metal ( fuel tanks, stacks steps, bumpers and so on) this in the one I'm not sure about?? If it turns out good I can get another 3-4 trucks out of it. Thinking around 300, with the chrome maybe 350-375?? don't wanna price myself out of the work!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Archived