Customer Service 866.965.0400

Keeping Applicator in Americana Jar

Luken10

Question

Sorry guys, probably a couple of dumb questions, but I just want to be sure. Is there any benefit of keeping the wax applicator in the Americana jar? I was thinking maybe if you did that you don't have clean the applicator after every wax. However, to me that just doesn't sound right.

I'm guessing it was just put in there originally for shipping purposes? Also say if it is okay to leave the applicator in the jar, do I need to keep the paper barrier in between the wax and the applicator?

I know I sound crazy, but I just want to make sure I get everything right! :help:

15 answers to this question

If for nothing else, I would wash it out just to make sure it's not contaminated with anything from a previous waxing.

I haven't used the americana yet either, but does it harden up on the pad over time at all? For example, will it harden on the pad and then cause issues the next time you go to wax?

As for keeping it in the jar though, I can see that being a good choice just to keep it in it's place and save on space in your cabinet.

The applicator is in the jar for shipping purposes.

Saves packing size, and keeps the wax secure during transit so it doesn't crack.

Once you have it in your possession the applicator should be cleaned after every use, just like any other applicator should be, and stored outside of the jar.

I have waxed my car three times with the same pad stored in the jar with wax paper film between the pad and the wax, never cleaned the pad ever between waxes and have suffered no ill effects. My car is polished before each application and a quick wipe off of any possible dust before the Americana wax appliation. There is some wax build-up on the pad, but that is no big deal. Carnuba doesn't hurt anything. I'm planning on waxing this week end over my MSS which has been on for a couple weeks. Pics to follow! LOVE Adams stuff!

PS..I might break out the BG and do a once over before applying the Americana.:drool:

I kept mine in the jar for a while but when I went to use it, it took a few minutes of use for the pad to take it's full shape and the pad surface had a concave shape during that time. I store it out of the jar now.

The applicator is in the jar for shipping purposes.

Saves packing size, and keeps the wax secure during transit so it doesn't crack.

Once you have it in your possession the applicator should be cleaned after every use, just like any other applicator should be, and stored outside of the jar.

Good to know Thanks!!!

I've tried cleaning mine but it doesn't work and the app stays wet for like a week. I do store it in the container usually, but not when it is wet. It has alot of wax buildup in the foam I guess, because I can scrub it for 20 minutes with 100% APC and it still feels waxy.

Archived