Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scuff on SVM Trim

MikeNRA

Question

10 answers to this question

APC with a microfiber and if possible, let it soak as much as you can. Claying could also help but it may not be able to get it. I've had mixed results personally when trying to remove similar things.

I agree. You can go back over after you get the scuff out with some SVRT. It will make it look as good as new.

If those fail, peanut butter. Rub creamy peanut butter on the problem area. The peanut oil will loosen it and the small bits of peanut and the sugar will act as an abrassive. Wipe off and clane with APC then SVRT. This works well for me with wax and polish on plastics as well. That looks like paint transfer from the bollards at the McD's driver thru. But worth a try.

i had a similar scuff on my mirror, but not as bad. sprayed 100% APC on it, buffed and rubbed it down with a microfiber cloth, and dressed it with SVRT. the paint came off, just left a few minor scratches but the SVRT covered them up real nice!

Just removed some like that from a smooth flat finish bumper, yours looks like its textured. I used, goo gone, go over it with many light light applications of the goo gone, rather then letting it sit, its extreme powerful.

Get a disposable rag, apply the goo gone, in a light layer by dabbing it into the problem area. Allow it to sit for 10 seconds or so, then rub in a circlular motion for another 10 seconds, then remove it by spraying it down with APC or isopropyl. Repeat until scuff is gone.

Then, apply SVRT and your goo to go.

p.s Don't let goo-gone sit on the plastic for a long period of time.

Archived