Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newb from Tampa; black, blue and orange cars

pdisme

Hi all, just checking in from Tampa. I've got an incredible detailer that maintains my cars but it's getting to the point where I've got more cars than he's got availability (I know, nice problem to have) so I'm wanting to take matters into my own hands a bit. I learned about Adam's through the Junkman youtube videos and just put the order in for his bundle package.

Fortunately I've got a black chevy pickup with some nice swirls and everything else you could imagine that I plan to use as my practice vehicle before putting the babies at risk lol.

welcome from michigan! chose a good place to look over your investments :D. lots of willing people here to help as well. tackle that chevy with some adams products and learn up, its easy, youll get the hang of it! I'm guessing that G and Murcie in your avatar are your babies? great looking babies! haha

Yep, that's them, just joined by a GT-R as of two weeks ago. The GT-R, benz and chevy are all black, so me touching them from a detailing perspective gives me nightmares but I really want to learn, both for the satisfaction of being able to do it myself, even if I don't always choose to, and to keep things clean between visits. They get dirty so quick and I've always just not washed them because when I've tried to do so with previous cars, well, it didn't end on a high note lol. I'm determined to learn how to not screw up my cars.

Yep, that's them, just joined by a GT-R as of two weeks ago. The GT-R, benz and chevy are all black, so me touching them from a detailing perspective gives me nightmares but I really want to learn, both for the satisfaction of being able to do it myself, even if I don't always choose to, and to keep things clean between visits. They get dirty so quick and I've always just not washed them because when I've tried to do so with previous cars, well, it didn't end on a high note lol. I'm determined to learn how to not screw up my cars.

thats awesome man, i have a friend here in michigan that DD's his murcie, cleans it and does all the work himself, have to respect that. Glad to hear you talking about keeping them clean yourself too because they are all beautiful machines, you came to the right place for that, Adams products are also very user friendly. You wont screw up as long as you go slow and pay attention, you can do it man. Ive never driven a murcie but i got time behind an 06 G and a friends '10 GT-R and they were both blasts! great stable you have, youll be able to keep em nice with Adams. Ive detailed a few GT-R's and they are incredible when your all finished, quite a sight. Just ask if you got questions about anything, were all a family here :D:cheers:

It's gonna be like Christmas when everything shows up; but I'm going to take it in baby steps. I'm going to have to come up with something creative to get the pickup truck out of the Florida sun so I can spend a day working on it. I have a ten foot pop-up tent that isn't tall enough for it to drive under and it won't fit in the garage. Maybe I'll go commandeer a vacant parking garage for a Saturday.

It's gonna be like Christmas when everything shows up; but I'm going to take it in baby steps. I'm going to have to come up with something creative to get the pickup truck out of the Florida sun so I can spend a day working on it. I have a ten foot pop-up tent that isn't tall enough for it to drive under and it won't fit in the garage. Maybe I'll go commandeer a vacant parking garage for a Saturday.

haha im in for taking over a parking garage, ive done it before here (a few times) haha. it really is like christmas when everything comes. You gotta post up some pic too once you get everything set, we love pictures here haha. Also fun to show off your work, especially to people who appreciate it!

... They get dirty so quick and I've always just not washed them because when I've tried to do so with previous cars, well, it didn't end on a high note lol. I'm determined to learn how to not screw up my cars.

Fly me down there. I'll show you first hand how to do it and then we can go cruise the Lambo. :D

Welcome to the forum. :welcomebanner:

Fly me down there. I'll show you first hand how to do it and then we can go cruise the Lambo. :D

Welcome to the forum. :welcomebanner:

Hell, if I didn't have a massive Halloween party to deal with this weekend, and you were serious, I'd call Southwest right now lol.

Hell, if I didn't have a massive Halloween party to deal with this weekend, and you were serious, I'd call Southwest right now lol.

I am serious! There are a ton of guys who have been begging me to come to Florida. I don't know how centrally located Tampa is to everyone but I know that a bunch of guys would love to see me visit the sunshine state. yesnod.gif

I am serious! There are a ton of guys who have been begging me to come to Florida. I don't know how centrally located Tampa is to everyone but I know that a bunch of guys would love to see me visit the sunshine state. yesnod.gif

Okay well I may take you up on that offer; if I do something, I do it right.

welcome DH! Avatars do not count!

:worth:

Here's a couple of them:

20100504-lambo-wash_0021.jpg

d1.jpg

MKS_2733_Medium_.JPG

DSC05352.JPG

And last but not least, my new, and newly de-badged, '12 Nissan GT-R

20111011-IMG_1592.JPG

20111011-IMG_1591.JPG

Only real plans for it are replacing the side marker lights with clear versions.

OOO Ooo oooooooo pick ME!!! Lol.

Seriously, I am in Orlando but make frequent trips over to the Tampa side, since that's where my mom is. I was just there this past weekend and I may be over there again for a show this weekend. Call me and we can work something out.

On top of providing you the products (with the same prices as the Adam's site), you'll also avoid any shipping charges if I hand deliver. I can show you HOW to use the products, and if AJ is there, you'll have DOUBLE the instructors. :thumbsup:

Call, email, text ANYTIME.

Welcome to the Forum, you've got some AMAZING automobiles there!

Sweet rides neighbor!

FYI XQZIT (Mike) is a local dealer in Orlando if you need something fast. Also, Adam's will be on hand (for the first time!) at the Turkey Rod Run, over Thanksgiving weekend, in Daytona - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/upcoming-events/13920.htm.

The wife is dragging me to an out of town wedding that weekend.... I would definitely prefer detailing my cars. :)

OOO Ooo oooooooo pick ME!!! Lol.

Seriously, I am in Orlando but make frequent trips over to the Tampa side, since that's where my mom is. I was just there this past weekend and I may be over there again for a show this weekend.

Last week was the show at Dimmitt Chevy... what show is this weekend in Tampa? Maybe I can make it out this weekend.

Last week was the show at Dimmitt Chevy... what show is this weekend in Tampa? Maybe I can make it out this weekend.

Its actually down in the Naples area, but I'd stop over in Tampa Friday night so I didn't have to do the full drive from Orlando. Still waiting on some details to fall into place though.

Since this weekend wont work out, maybe we can do some kind of officially unofficial Florida gathering with Junkman and me. Weather is perfect now and if someone has a large enough garage, we can make it happen. I offer my place in Orlando, but its just a standard 2 car garage (although I have a den full of goodies).

Archived