Customer Service 866.965.0400

Doing it right!

pdisme

Question

So I recently decided I wanted to know how to take care of my cars myself. If you'd seen my 'handy work' from past attempts, you'd know I have no business putting wash mitt to any painted surface, which is why I've just had a great detailer take care of my cars for years. That has worked out well but his time is pretty limited and I've been fortunate enough to increase my car count, so they go dirty for months, hence, time to give things another try.

I started doing online research, found Junkman's videos, those lead me to Adams and this forum. I got in touch with Junkman and we worked something out for him to actually come teach me how to do things right. That of course requires the right equipment so I got a little crazy in the Adams store and Amazon. If you look close (click the pic for larger version) you'll probably think something is out of place; that was part of our arrangement LOL.

IMG_1630.JPG

Only 2 gallons of detail spray. i only have 2 cars and keep amount on hand at all times. (I am just sniffing it like glue). Looks like a big order and I hope you have fun!

Okay; I should have enough now LOL. :burnout:

20111115-IMG_1700.jpg

And a few more things. My wife will just be glad that all this stuff will finally move out of the living room this weekend.

Santa brought me some cigars, five gallons of detail spray and a master blaster. Guess he figured now that I'm married I need a hobby LOL.

Well, I guess we're all ready. Get your face paint on. The bush is waiting... :willy:

Oh, leave the keys out to the Murcielago. I may need to run to 7-11. :D

You just end up paying more taxes. Stay poor. I've had some of the best times of my life while broke and the women came out of the wood work. Why, I don't have a clue but for some reason, women loved me when I was so poor that I had to eat cereal with a fork so that I would have some milk left for tomorrow's bowl. :D

You just end up paying more taxes. Stay poor. I've had some of the best times of my life while broke and the women came out of the wood work. Why, I don't have a clue but for some reason, women loved me when I was so poor that I had to eat cereal with a fork so that I would have some milk left for tomorrow's bowl. :D

I have been poor and had money....no women from the woodwork for me. I like mine concentrated, 1 great woman not a bunch of not so great ones. (honey, are you reading this....does this get me more Adam's stuff!!!)

I'd take my chances paying more taxes, would still have a lot more $ than I do now.. stuff would be fixed, house would be paid off, etc..

Ahhh.... paid bills and fixed stuff is over-rated! Live a little! :D

I did that and im still paying for it :eek::help:

No good women for me either, not when i was poor, not when i had a little bit of money and not now. Im in between poor and living good, i guess that puts me in a grey zone for women:lolsmack: Granted im only 22 so maybe they will come out when i can afford an R8:loser:

There's only one question that needs to be asked throughout these 4 pages of jelly sandwiches...

the hell do you do?

I agree, you cant come on here with those cars and an adams order most of us could only dream about. Ya gotta at least let us know what field it is, and if its business i run a small one and could probably use some pointers:D

There's only one question that needs to be asked throughout these 4 pages of jelly sandwiches...

the hell do you do?

In college I couldn't find Halloween costumes like what I wanted so I designed some of my own and talked my mom into making them. People liked them. Came up with more ideas, bought more fabric, hired a seamstress, more people liked them. More ideas, went to LA and bought a ton of fabric, hired a clothing manufacturer, made and sold a whole bunch retail and wholesale. Ten or so years of 14 hour days, built it up, sold it to a bigger fish. Still work long days on other things trying to find the next big one; I just like working.

In college I couldn't find Halloween costumes like what I wanted so I designed some of my own and talked my mom into making them. People liked them. Came up with more ideas, bought more fabric, hired a seamstress, more people liked them. More ideas, went to LA and bought a ton of fabric, hired a clothing manufacturer, made and sold a whole bunch retail and wholesale. Ten or so years of 14 hour days, built it up, sold it to a bigger fish. Still work long days on other things trying to find the next big one; I just like working.

That's awesome man....hard work does pay off!!!

In college I couldn't find Halloween costumes like what I wanted so I designed some of my own and talked my mom into making them.

When I was in college, I couldn't afford to wrap myself in toilet paper and go as a mummy. There's a lot to be said about "putting your time in the trenches". I worked for 20 years for someone else and couldn't afford a vacation. It wasn't until I started my own business that I actually was able to plan and afford to take a vacation.

For you young guys and gals, put the time in and prosperity will come. Trust me, you will appreciate it a hell of a lot more once you've bled some sweat and tears to get there. :2thumbs:

For you young guys and gals, put the time in and prosperity will come. Trust me, you will appreciate it a hell of a lot more once you've bled some sweat and tears to get there. :2thumbs:

Or just join the Occupy movement; then you don't have to work and the evil corporations and "one percent" will give you some of their money instead lol.

Only 2 gallons of detail spray. i only have 2 cars and keep amount on hand at all times. (I am just sniffing it like glue). Looks like a big order and I hope you have fun!

He told me to get an extra gallon to start; I'll probably order more afterward lol.

Archived