Customer Service 866.965.0400

New run of BG?

CrawlinTBSS

Question

I ordered my first bottle of BG when i got all my first set of Adam's products, so about 6 months ago.

I love the product and works awesome but always seemed to me that i had to sometimes really wipe it off good to get it off the paint. Not sure if that was due to the weather a few months ago being hotter or not.

but i recently bought a bottle about a month ago and finallycracked into it today, and it seems to smell a tad bit different, more fruity or something(even better smelling), but now when i go to wipe this stuff off, its effortless!!! towel like glides and removes the hazed BG so easily. was just wondering if maybe temps really affect BG or a new run. either way... i love this stuff!

15 answers to this question

As Dylan said, you need to give it more time to dry in high humidity. I live in Florida and in the summer it can take 30 minutes or more and that is a light coat. I will say the new version (Brilliant Glaze) over the older spray version does haze over faster. One thing to remember, is that BG will degrade the wax if used to often. BG does not have any protection in it, it is more to give you that pop of the paint.

Detail spray is perfectly fine to use whenever needed or when you want to get an extra shine. But BG is a product that will thin out the wax (protection) if applied over and over again on top. Like mentioned on another thread, you can tell when your wax (Americana) is growing thin by the amount of water beading. I tend to rewax every month seeing as I used BG after every 3 or 4 washes.

Detail spray is perfectly fine to use whenever needed or when you want to get an extra shine. But BG is a product that will thin out the wax (protection) if applied over and over again on top. Like mentioned on another thread, you can tell when your wax (Americana) is growing thin by the amount of water beading. I tend to rewax every month seeing as I used BG after every 3 or 4 washes.

So with the above going on are you doing the "baggie" test on every inch as well? I often wonder how many of us do this when a re-wax is about to happen, and much of the surfaces get checked?

So with the above going on are you doing the "baggie" test on every inch as well? I often wonder how many of us do this when a re-wax is about to happen, and much of the surfaces get checked?

I check the leading edges, and if they need doing, I will check the hood and roof.

But...but... Does the use of the brilliant glaze diminish the protection of the machine sealant as it does the Americana?

Maybe a little, but not much is my guess. The MSS bonds with the paint and the waxes sit on top of the paint.

I'm one of those people who like be "overprotective" if you want to call it. I claybar as often as I wax. Escpecially the tailgate.

I'm one of those people who like be "overprotective" if you want to call it. I claybar as often as I wax. Escpecially the tailgate.

Yes, the back end of most vehicles sees alot of disturbantance in wind flow

thus creating more contaminates on the surfaces.

Archived